Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of the year yields a big ol' barber

Went down to a local hunted out park for a quick hunt this afternoon. It was a balmy 35 degrees with a stout breeze blowing. At least the sun was out. The snow has melted just enough so there's about a 20' strip around the edge of the park where grass is showing. Of all the parks I've hunted here, this is the only one where I have found multiple silver (9 dimes). Got a good 12-47 reading so I dug down and found a big old piece of wire. Pinpointer didn't show anything else was in the hole. Scanned it again with the detector and got 1-44. Widened the inside of my hole a little and off to the side got a hit. Popped out a big chunk of dirt and this fell out on top of it:
[attachment 257467 DSC02556-1.jpg] [attachment 257468 DSC02561-1.jpg]
A 1900-S barber half! You should have seen the smile on my face. :) I guess I pinpointed the wire with my detector instead of the barber. They were close enough that I nicked it while digging. It hurts but it's a pretty ugly one already. I'll sure take it though! Made it worth freezing my butt off. HH everyone!

Excellent find - congrats ! :clapping:

Very Nice,Many congrats on an excellent find!

Congrats, Jason! I know you're glad you got out now. I made it out today, too because we've got a storm coming in with snow and rain into the weekend. I found my first silver today, also. Not a coin though. It was a ring. I replied to your e-mail and told the story there. Also found a 1932 5 Centavo Panama Balboa. How it got to Idaho would be an interesting story! Good work on the Barber. Don't find them all before I visit!

Mike

I have scratched/gouged many a few for sure over the last 30+ years and on my last trip my buddy nailed the edge of his 1889 Indian (barely).
He was a tad upset about it and I reminded him would he had been happier to have never found it or scratched it being found.
I always tell myself that when it happens and it puts things into perspective.

Nice find for sure. :clapping:

GORGEOUS

I think it is Great you went out today, I tried that and hit SOLID GROUND..What was I Thinking????

Not only did my Husband and Daughter laugh when they heard about it but I laughed when I hit the Ground

Congrats on Major Silver

Nice find Jason! Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac