Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First large cent

Congrat's on your first LC. Now it should be a lil easier to find your next one.

I remember digging my first one 6 years ago and I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

I just dug a 1850 LC yesterday.

Very cool:thumbup:.

I will never for get my first...cause' it's my only!...and it is nowhere as nice as yours.

Nice coin:thumbup:

Congrats on finding a very nice Large Cent ! :clapping:

I bought a 1880 published copy of a history book of my county and it told of the major obstacle posed by the river as the settlers moved west along the indian trail, well the history seems to be correct and I will be going back as this coin was found along the river adjacent to the indian trai which is now a highway and state park. The book tell of how the settlers in the early days would have to unhitch their teams and unload their their wagons and fabricate rafts to float across the river. I will explore this area more. By the way the way I was running the 8x6 SEF and dug this from 4" inches in very mineralized soil,

Way to go!!! That's a nice one!!! Very nice!!!

As others have said, the condition of that LC is hard to beat. I am still waiting for my first LC to show itself. It continues to elude me. Congrats on the fantastic find and I look forward to seeing your coming finds. -Marc

Congratulations on a major find. I haven't found one yet, and they're very scarce in central Nebraska (Our towns weren't settle until mid 1880's). Thanks for the great picture.

NebTrac

And a really nice one as well. You don't see them like that very often. You must have some pretty low acid soil in your area. Congratulations on a great find. Rick IL.

What A Thrill!

My first was a 1810 and still remains one of my oldest LC finds

When I found it I waited for music:rofl:

Great Find and Great Coin

Congrats

That's one of the nicest LC I've seen come out of the ground. Congrats.