Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First opinion of Equinox 800

This more aimed at someone looking into purchasing and only what to expect when starting out...as I have used 1 time at this point...
Hopefully after 100 hours my opinion changes but the truth from the first hunt...

The depth indicator is pretty useless... with it basically being ok maybe 2 or 4 inches or 6 inches or more... On my old dfx gives you an honest reading...in inches...
The vdi numbers... wish they would lock in more on a single number and that the coin readings were a little more spaced...numbers wise...
The quarter is a sound I remember from the explorer as is the 29 reading...
The pinpointing not bad... definitely will take a little practice.. but I usually use a smaller 6 inch coil on my other detectors due to trash... and I purchased a 6..but want to go with the 11 inch standard for a few hunts first...
Lightweight yes...the coil end seemed a little unbalanced but not bad... cleaning the coil lots of little areas to clean...
You definitely will need to learn the adjustments... I needed to make a sensitivity adjustment just to hunt...

Overall, after one hunt not really willing to say a lot... Found $1.24 in clad... and a kiddie token...but if you plan on buying make sure you are also willing to put n the time to learn.. otherwise go with something a little more basic.. I will definitely have it working right for me..but once I get going weather permitting... I will be putting in the hours...like I did with the dfx and the explorer years ago...

Overall first thought..unless you are going to be using more than 2 or 3x a month go with something at a lower cost...
You will like the nox, like any new detector it has a learning curve. $1.24 would have been a bad day for me, but it all depends where you live. I now mostly try for jewelry, and take because it is there. Firday was saved by the rings, 2 hour hunt 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 10 pennies and 3 rings, 2 are junk.
The week before 2 silver rings.
I also use the Deus for most trips.
20220304_122644.jpg

You will like the nox, like any new detector it has a learning curve. $1.24 would have been a bad day for me, but it all depends where you live. I now mostly try for jewelry, and take because it is there. Firday was saved by the rings, 2 hour hunt 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 10 pennies and 3 rings, 2 are junk.
The week before 2 silver rings.
I also use the Deus for most trips.
View attachment 23768
Well very odd have 6 hunts in and 2 with the dfx...I am coming back after a 10-12 year break.. and no doubt it is a different game...a LOT less clad.. but I am hitting areas that have been worked by others... after 6 hunts one silver rosie... one thin silver ring both in 25/26 area... clad counts all low! Before I used to easily average $ $10 a day... but I am limiting my hunts to 2 hours...