Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For you gold ring seekers......................

I have one that's been in for about 5 years. I have over 70 things buried in it. It is in hard ground on a hilltop at my old house, luckily my daughter bought th house from us. I just haven't gotten over there with the ET... but I will soon. I'll compare the SE with the ET. I have two pro coils so it should be a good comparison. Let me know if you want me to do anything in particular. I have coins at 3", 6", and 12". The 12" coins are very hard to hit with anything. Some of them I have not been able to hit at all but one day.... i'll hit them with something, maybe the ET. Maybe i'll get a TDI, I bet it will hit them.

Julien

I am still convinced that they mapped the ferrous of most good targets on the E-TRAC to one area to isolate them from iron, in an attempt to increase the detector's unmasking ability. No other reason makes much sense to me.

J

Have you tried, (on some of these targets that the SE hits and the ET does not), setting the ET to quickmask wide open, ferrous, 2 tones? I don't know if it will help but I am qurious to see if you think it will help.

Thanks,

Julien

I dug a carved minnie the other day at about 7". I don't remember exzctly what the ferrous reading was but it was 20+. The conductive was where it should be, in the mid 30s. I don't think I have found any good target with the ferrous -10. The 12 ferrous only seems to apply to really shallow targets with no iron near them..

BTW, yesterday I dug a small washer, smaller than a dime. The depth was a little over 7". There was also a piece of a square nail in the hole. The id was iffy but I knew that there was something non-ferrous in the hole, at depth.

J

I have tried quikmask wide open, and med to heavy discrim. The idea of checking targets with both my ETrac and the SE I actually got from your earlier post reply. Good idea Julien, all though the results are sometimes disheartening, I am getting a grasp of what I can and cannot do with my ETrac. I just can't believe that the ET is this shallow in comparison to my SE and that's what has me thinking something is not right. I wish others would check their ET's against their SE's and see if they get comparable depths with theirs.

I have dug some small Aluminum scrap (about dime sized) that had that indication of a deep coin (weak but consistent) at about 12". Soil conditions have been favorable with good moisture conditions.

All my Indians are coming up in the Ferrous 4-8 range. I would be amazed if you are finding them greater than ten and a little concerned that there could be that much of an ID difference in our different soils. Imagine going on a trip this winter and spending half of it relearning the proper ID numbers for that area. I really hope that is not the case.

I will start making some notes on my id numbers before digging and let you know what i'm getting. I'm going to do some comparisons between the ET, the SE, and a Tejon. I'm wondering if there are any targets that the ET/SE will find that a Tejon will not. I'll never get as much info from a Tejon though...

J

n/t

n/t