Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garret has acquired Whites. Great news!

will that mean I can send a whites metal detector in for repairCe
Yes, Centerville Electronics is still repairing White's machines. You will find their address on the Garret site, on the notice of their acquisition of White's.

My opinion White's Spectra V3i is the only metal detector with simultaneous freq./kHz.
It is the only one with simultaneous freq./kHz pinpointing.
(c/p) To keep users from having to learn all these different phase response scales, White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector. For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. The standard VDI scale is shown below.
I own a White's Spectra V3i and I will never sell it. I believe it is worth as much today, as it was when it was new! If any one should doubt that, go and buy one! lol
I also own another multi freq./kHz. It is a metal detector that compliments the White's Spectra V3i. It does not show the multifrequency, freq./kHz. You just have to guess what the freq./kHz is.
Most likely it is a copywrite issue, and now Garrett has acquired White's they will produce their very own:
metal detector with simultaneous freq./kHz.
with simultaneous freq.kHz pinpointing.

And, it is only my 'opinion'.

I had a V3i and traded it in for a top of the line detector from Australia - that's all of a hint I will give. While it offers some things the V3i did not, there is not a detecting day that goes by that I do not miss the V3i and I would gladly pick up another in a hot minute. I have no problem with Garrett's either. I had a GTI 2500 that I really enjoyed using. It more than earned it's keep in the years that I used it. I sold it and a XLT to get the V3i as a matter of fact. All were excellent machines, but the V3i is the only one that makes me wish I never let it go!

I had a V3i and traded it in for a top of the line detector from Australia - that's all of a hint I will give. While it offers some things the V3i did not, there is not a detecting day that goes by that I do not miss the V3i and I would gladly pick up another in a hot minute. I have no problem with Garrett's either. I had a GTI 2500 that I really enjoyed using. It more than earned it's keep in the years that I used it. I sold it and a XLT to get the V3i as a matter of fact. All were excellent machines, but the V3i is the only one that makes me wish I never let it go!
White's Spectra V3i is still amongst the best detectors! It like Garretts' are made in the USA, and both can be as good in quality craftsmanship, as any metal detector. White's Spectra V3i has instructions about 'wrap around', that, very few have ever heard, and the logic in the concept can be beneficial in all metal detectors. None of that can possibly be detector specific? I have not been able to view any youtube videos, or other material in explaining 'wrap around' in detail. White's Spectra V3i manual is very good. I really appreciate the fact that you can use ctrl/f and search the manual. Recently, I purchased additional coils realizing that soon they may not be available. I purchased the 12" Concentric 300 LTD, and the 4" x 6" Eclipse Sharpshooter. I have added the Equinox 800. I believe those (2) two will compliment each other very well. I will never sell either one of them. I do believe the V3i will teach one metal detecting more than any other metal detector.

Best two customer service departments out there. I'm excited about the possibilities!

I'm hoping Garrett also acquired some of the White's designers! I think we could see some real blockbusters coming out of this.

Thanks! I looked everywhere! I thought I remembered Vito posting links to the White's Spectra V3i previously. I knew I could count on him. And, I knew there would be other fellow members that would post it. You all are the best! I noticed the light was on when I logged in. There were (4) four lights on. You don't realize how much I appreciate all of you! Again, thanks!

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

Yep,Garrett has the white's technology ,but when are they going to put it to use? i would think also that TESORO technology could be bought ? Garrett could put out the last Top Whites Detectors and make us Old Dudes happy :clapping: .

Attachments

• digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 22
  • metal boots.jpg
    metal boots.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 24
  • dirt fishing.jpg
    dirt fishing.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 23
  • hunter 4.jpg
    hunter 4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
White's Spectra V3i manual is awesome. The VCO is well explained in the manual and the capabilities of the VCO. It is impossible to understand the advantages of the configurability of the V3i
without an Indepth study. No other metal detector is the instructor as the White's Spectra V3i is.

Leatherneck

My opinion White's Spectra V3i is the only metal detector with simultaneous freq./kHz.
It is the only one with simultaneous freq./kHz pinpointing.
(c/p) To keep users from having to learn all these different phase response scales, White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector. For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. The standard VDI scale is shown below.
I own a White's Spectra V3i and I will never sell it. I believe it is worth as much today, as it was when it was new! If any one should doubt that, go and buy one! lol
I also own another multi freq./kHz. It is a metal detector that compliments the White's Spectra V3i. It does not show the multifrequency, freq./kHz. You just have to guess what the freq./kHz is.
Most likely it is a copywrite issue, and now Garrett has acquired White's they will produce their very own:
metal detector with simultaneous freq./kHz.
with simultaneous freq.kHz pinpointing.

And, it is only my 'opinion'.
I am 83 , does it have a tough curve?

Attachments

• a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 10