Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gas valves

Always..Lookin

Pretty cruddy so I ran them thru my tumbler.

DSCN0430.JPG

Very nice. A sad rebuke to our mundane modern world. Even ordinary items used to convey beauty.
They just don't make things the way they used to.

Wow that’s a crazy cool ornate lineup there! You must hunt a fair number of old homesites to have that many, I’ve never even found one, but also hunt only public ground. Very nice, beautiful pieces! All Victorian era I gather?

Wow that’s a crazy cool ornate lineup there! You must hunt a fair number of old homesites to have that many, I’ve never even found one, but also hunt only public ground. Very nice, beautiful pieces! All Victorian era I gather?
They came from two old home sites,mid 1800's.

No idea what type gas was used.
There is an old house site near me that an old lady told me about saying she use to stay there with relatives.
She told me they had gas lamps mounted to the walls and were fed from pipes that lead to an outbuilding where a device was that produced acetylene gas from calcium carbide.
Since you state they were found from 1800’s house sites, I would say that is the same type of system they had.
Very nice finds.
If I ever detect that house site, I may get lucky and find one or two myself.

An added value..."made to last a lifetime".

An added value..."made to last a lifetime".
Thats actually a huge draw for me to this hobby….things of the past many times were very quality, such as gold items and especially silver coins/items, along with items such as above made of brass, copper, bronze….. To see a rotten zinc that’s been in the ground 6 years as opposed to a seated coin that’s been sitting there 135+….that’s QUALITY, and definitely meant to last. People CRAFTED stuff back then, now we just push a button and a huge press comes down and stamps whatever out of pot metal. It’s pretty sad if you want the truth.

Well that's different and really nice. Looks like the tumbler did a swell job.
I think I found 2 similar some years back but tossed them not knowing what it might have looked like cleaned up.