Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gene Autry ring

nge

I dug this ring a couple days ago, and am quite proud to finally own one. It is gold wash over brass, and I found out that it is worth between 75 and 150 bucks.....nge

Congrats! "Very Cool Find"!!!

Thanks duggr. It was on the top of a riverbank, about 3 inches deep in a sand/ fine gravel mix........nge

That's a really neat ring.Have you done any research yet as to what date period that particular ring was made?

Very nice find! There may be more good targets in that area. I still watch GENE on TV. Again congratulations. HH :minelab:

The ring was made in 1941 by a company called President. Current value between $75.00 and $150.00 mine's probably around 50 bucks. Even though it still has some original gold plating/wash on it.....nge

Nice, your soil is gentler than my soil is on brass. I think the gold wash was only on the front where his face is, the rest was silver washed. But, under the gold wash on the face, there is a silver color was, apparently to make the gold stick......nge one sold on Feebay for 19.98 but that guy polished all plating off, turning it into a shiney brass color. I wonder if there's a way to replate stuff like this?......nge

I entered it into our club's "find of the month contest" and only got 3 rd. place. A scuba diver got a 150 year old log rolling thingy, the wood was still good all 8 feet of it, and the hook was still on it, he took first place.........nge

I'm sure you can get it replated. In fact, when I gunsmithed, we had a little kit you could buy for plating small gunparts. I think it was called Texas Platers Kit or something like that.

Did you sing "Back in the Saddle Again" the rest of the day after you found the ring?

Congratulations on the find and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

would re-plating it reduce the value? Right now it is worth between 75.00 and 150.00.

Hard to tell. For ME it would increase the value, but who knows about those "want it original" types.

NebTrac