Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

getting skunked !

Elmy

I dont know about everyone else....but I will not go home without a coin found in the wild with my etrac !!!

Yeah at some sites even a penny is a prize

Are we talking ANY coin Elmy? Shoot, I won’t go home without a SILVER coin, SOMETHING silver or unless the sun went down. Even then, if it’s nice, I’ll get the headlamp. We are a persistent bunch!:lol:

Elmy said:
just one more field...one more lot...one more sidewalk....one last swing....can't go home with nothing !

You are what I call a “true hunter”. We do the same thing....hunt till we have found. Is it irrational according to some? Perhaps. It’s just what HAS to happen. As Del said...it hardly ever strikes out!

the etrac is very easy to customize...I have set it up for half dimes...found 2...one was a 1834 bust...silver dollar...got it...3 center...nickel...very low conductor ...got that one too....
seems like all I got to do is set it up for what I want and hunt....take it to where the coin you want could possibly be and I can usually find it. Might take a few hunts but it ends up in my pocket sooner or later.

Also got some fatties....copper / nickel indian head cents that way....

Agree Elmy, some days I can't buy a coin but I usually deal with that by telling myself, I'll find a keeper as I'm walking towards the car.

Here's a question for everyone and see if you agree or if this makes any sense...

Over the years, I seem to have good luck about 1 to 2 hours before the sun goes down. It's almost as if the EMI radiating from the Sun is subdued and I seem to be digging deeper targets.

Maybe doing a noise cancel would help for you ? Gets you the channel with the less interference.

yeah...me to...unless the detector starts chirping on my swings ...they you have interference and should do it.

sd51 said:
Agree Elmy, some days I can't buy a coin but I usually deal with that by telling myself, I'll find a keeper as I'm walking towards the car.

Here's a question for everyone and see if you agree or if this makes any sense...

Over the years, I seem to have good luck about 1 to 2 hours before the sun goes down. It's almost as if the EMI radiating from the Sun is subdued and I seem to be digging deeper targets

******************************​

Intriguing comment.....

At some time in the past, when I settled down to permanently using my E-Trac, I do recall mentally forming that conclusion !!!!!!!.....?

i.e. As the sun disappeared below the horizon, the ground I was searching seemed to become 'more active' in terms of target-contents.

As a 'scientific-professional-person', I could only surmise that the cause may be related to the magnetic aura radiated by the sun.

I never expressed my thoughts on any forums at that time, and eventually the subject just slipped into the brain's mental history cache.

Your post is the only one to revived that long forgotten moment of mental deliberation. !!!

So can EMI take on an alternative meaning? Electro-Magnetic-Integration?

I.E. Our planet's ferrous-ground effect being subtlety modified by direct solar integration during daylight, compared to indirect affect?

I honestly do not know if our dual experiences are viable, but I'm certainly intrigued by your similar scenario.

So come-on Minelab...what are your physicist's thoughts on this matter ?......Matt

Matt, thanks for your interesting comment. I've been detecting since the 70's and have noticed this occurrence more than once so I didn't think it was a fluke. The only problem in the Midwest is as the sun gets lower on the horizon, the state bird (mosquito) becomes very active too. I like your request to Minelab to get their thoughts. Hope they respond...

Steve

Elmy said:
I dont know about everyone else....but I will not go home without a coin found in the wild with my etrac !!!

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one! LOL

If I don't find a keeper at a ghost town, I will find a coin SOMEWHERE before going home!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

The secret is to watch the kids playing and when they leave just sweep where they were at and old abe will get you home with another successful hunt !!!!
Thanks ....I love it !