Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold finds since March with the CTX

nolanation

Gold finds since March. March is when I started focusing on gold. Only one ring is from the beach (2.5 hours away). Maybe I could do better if I moved to the beach!

Wow that is some fine treasure!! Looks like a few oldies also...Congrads!

Nolan your killing me! Pretty soon your going to have to start stacking up all that gold. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I have been trying to focus more on gold also this year because that's about the only thing left in my areas is the low tones.

I asked you earlier this year of some good areas to try and you mentioned you had some luck at the school sports ground. Now that you have quite a few more are there any other areas that seem to be producing?

I have a few older trashy park areas that I dig out any signals I think maybe blocking old silver thought I would come up with a gold or two by now but no. I have gotten silver rings in these areas and thousands of pull tabs but so far this year just one gold I found near a swing set.

Any words of encouragement that would get me digging more low tones would be appreciated.

Again impressive batch of dry ground gold finds! Even a broken ring and a chain. WOW!!!! :surprised:

Yes, I too would like to hear how you focus on gold. I find myself really only digging the 12-13 targets. Have had spells of digging other number ranges but get discouraged rather quickly due to junk recovery. I did see a school ring dug with weird numbers. I would have passed right by it. I guess its just limited time issue for me. I have young kids , so always working hunt schedule around them. Feel guilty when I do get out... Trying to be a good dad 1st! Anyone else struggle with the guilt? I know the saying goes... If mom isnt happy , nobody is happy. Wonder if thats holds true for dad?

Thanks for the comments! I was using an open screen with all of these finds. I find an open screen gives me the most accurate target trace per target. Most of these rang in from the 12:05-12:26 range. Although I wouldn't hesitate to dig decent signals of 12:01-12:37 when really looking for gold. One of my rings is 14k, and I have tested it and had it tested twice to confirm it, and it rings in as a 12:43, but I know that won't be common. I know it can become discouraging digging for gold sometimes! What I would start doing is, each trip, depending on length, make yourself dig at least 25-100 targets in the gold range. Even if you count it out. Learn to love the low tone. You could even make a program that switches the tones making the low numbers high tone and the high numbers low tones. When I am out in these fields, I make sure I am in an area of many pocketable drops. Areas where change and such can be found recent or older. No one is going to intentionally drop a quarter I tell myself, so no telling what else fell out. One last thing I do, is towards the end of the night, instead of cherry picking coins, I am skipping the 12:42-43's and digging the solid low numbers. I am not a dad yet but can understand that issue. By brother in law is a Dad, and he was the one that got me interested in detecting, and he rarely gets to go with me due to commitments of fatherhood. Good luck to all.

Impressive pile of gold from the dirt Nolan - thanks for the tips! I have a few spots locally that I'm going to try to get some for myself :)

Yes. What Doc Siad ,thanks much for the tips. Anyone pulling that much gold is doing something right. I think my problem is I tend to gravitate towards the more shaded areas and don't get out in the sports fields as much as I should if I want gold.

Hope you keep up the trend, and please keep up the outstanding photos of GOLD! :super: