Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Sapphires & Diamonds..!!

fastdraw

I pulled this out of a ski resort in the Lake Tahoe CA. area at 9000 ft. ..!!

I swung by the reputable Jeweler on the way home, and he confirmed it's GOLD with cut Sapphires and cut diamonds. It's really not my kind of ring... but I'm a very happy camper.

Attachments

• 20200809_190620.jpg
    20200809_190620.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
  • 20200809_190435.jpg
    20200809_190435.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
Great find!!!
What is karat of gold?....should be on the inside of the ring.
That thing looks expensive!!

I pulled this out of a ski resort in the Lake Tahoe CA. area at 9000 ft. ..!!

I swung by the reputable Jeweler on the way home, and he confirmed it's GOLD with cut Sapphires and cut diamonds. It's really not my kind of ring... but I'm a very happy camper.
Great find!!!
What is karat of gold?....should be on the inside of the ring.
That thing looks expensive!!
It's marked 14-K. 585
I assume the 585 is the date it was made

.That's a great find. what is the tid?
The ring rang up a solid 12 from three angles. I thought it was a Nickel. Running Nox-600 on Park 2. Iron bias 1 recovery 2 sensitivity on 22. 4-inches deep.

Stellar find.... I’ve never hunted my local ski area...somebody must have forgot the leave it at home or in the car cause I don’t think they could get there glove over that thing....great score...

Did your jeweler give you a ballpark estimate on the value ?

Did your jeweler give you a ballpark estimate on the value ?
I did tell the Jeweler I had just found it metal detecting. The Jeweler asked me if it was for sale, and I Politely said not at this time. But then he said he would give me $600 for it, and I said I'll keep that in mind. We talked for a few more minutes, and as I was getting ready to walk out the door he offered me $800.00. So I thanked him again for his generous offer, and walked out the door and came home. I never asked him for a value.... I just asked him to verify if it was real, and if the stones were real.
(This is not my first Rodeo)
So what does a jeweler have to make on a ring if he offers you $800.00. ???

You can bet he's going to price it at least 1500.00
After looking at it more it could even be two pit bulls?

You can bet he's going to price it at least 1500.00
After looking at it more it could even be two pit bulls?
That's what I was thinking... Double his money. Which is about right right in that type of business.

I have a hard time believing this ring is only worth around $1600. I believe it’s much higher then that. Imagine that the price jumps $200 with just a few foot steps lol. The original owner is probably still crying themselves to sleep.

I did tell the Jeweler I had just found it metal detecting. The Jeweler asked me if it was for sale, and I Politely said not at this time. But then he said he would give me $600 for it, and I said I'll keep that in mind. We talked for a few more minutes, and as I was getting ready to walk out the door he offered me $800.00. So I thanked him again for his generous offer, and walked out the door and came home. I never asked him for a value.... I just asked him to verify if it was real, and if the stones were real.
(This is not my first Rodeo)
So what does a jeweler have to make on a ring if he offers you $800.00. ???