Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gonna be ordering a new etrac Tuesday. :drool:

Czhunter

I've always had fishers. My wife has a whites, so this is gonna be a total change of pace for me. I cashed in some vacation time to buy one. The check came in the mail today, but can't put it in the bank till Tuesday to cover the purchase because the banks closed for the holiday:cry:.......cant wait until I have alot of time on this machine, and know it well.

Good for you. I haven't got enough coin for a new one yet, but I will after Christmas. I may buy a used one though, if the right deal comes along this winter. I got the "I wants" real bad though.- Something like the little kid that can't hardly wait for Santa to put the gifts under the tree. http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/installer/smiley/themes/winter/xmas_smiley.gif

Thanks guys. I didn't really have the money either ronhob. Thats why I cashed my vacation time in. I won't be taking a vacation this year..:sad:

And...........................if you find diamond rings ..your wife will be happy too...........:rofl:

Congrats on the purchase. I think you will be please. I upgraded to the Etrac this past spring from an explorer and have not looked back. I also bought an MXT Pro. Wanted some thing illite and with a faster swing speed, plus I had a MXT when they 1st came out and really liked it. The MXT has not been out yet this year. Love the ETrac. :detecting:

You will get as much pleasure, long term, out of the Etrac as you would from a nice vacation. The nice thing about metal detecting is that once you have the gear, its basically a "no-cost" hobby except for gas (travel costs).

At least for me thats how I look at it, I still use the original rechargeable pack and I havent bought anything else for it. And its one of the few hobbies that actually can pay you back a little bit. I like to tally all my finds (excel spreadsheet) and its nice to see that I have found a couple hundred dollars worth of silver (just basing all my silver value conservatively - scrap value). Plus the clad.

Everything in life is a trade-off. For a long time I thought about upgrading from my old Whites 6000 that ive had since 1984. I put it off for a long time because I felt like I didnt have the time to detect. What I didnt realize until after I had the Etrac in my hands was how it would totally rekindle my interest in the hobby, and I would MAKE time for detecting!:detecting:

Good luck with your new detector.

Congrats and good luck with your new E-Trac. My wife and I both started out with Whites in the 1970's and just switched to the E-Trac about 3 years ago. The new machines were a bit of a change from the Whites but we soon figured them out and just love to hunt with them. There is a bit of a learning curve but the answers to most questions you might have can be found on this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, I know they sure helped me.

Good luck with your new machine !

You will!----Just get to a place where every one else has "walked over" the deep silver & deep coin hunt.---If it's there, you'll get it! :thumbup:
pulltab68 said:
Maybe I'll end my not finding any silver streak.:wiggle:

I upgraded from a Whites DFX that I liked. The Etrac is absolutely no comparison. I considered my local 1890's park "hunted out" until I started using the Etrac. I find silver almost everytime I'm out there now. Check out my YouTube channel - Ohio Digger. I've found stuff too deep for other machines and in trash that others don't want to go near. I really want to add a 13" Ultimate or 15" WOT. But the stock coil is a beast as opposed to some of the useless coils that come stock on other brands (ie. the 12" concentric coil on the DFX). Just be patient, swing slow and low, watch some YouTube videos, and the good stuff will come.