Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my 6 inch coil today

azdigger

planning on taking it out to Gold Basin here in AZ for a trial in the morning....this sure is sensitive....will report tomorrow after I return

Picked mine up yesterday afternoon. Went out today with it and first impression is it is really light and solves the 'nose-heavy' feel of the stock coil. Very easy to swing. I havent done any actual depth comparison but was diggin wheats and clad at anywhere from 2 to 8" with it. I also got the impression the coil edge was not as sensitive as the stock one. All in all I am very pleased with it. Got a war nickel at about 6", rang up as a '19'!! The wheats were in the same range, 18-21. and really crusty.

Does it actually measure in at 6" diameter or is it slightly bigger or smaller.
Just curious, I guess I'll find out sooner than later.
Thanks.

measured it across , 6 1/2 inch and front to back was 6 inch hope that helps, this is measured on the bottom including cover.

dewcon4414 said:
I keep my fingers crossed they make a 8 or 9" one

Since there appears that there is no chip in the coil, aftermarket coils should be coming soon also. Maybe a 8" will spawn out of those.

I'm with you Dew, 8 or 9 would be perfect.

I contacted Nel Coils a few months ago and they stated they would have their version of coils out by the end of summer

\"Carolina\" said:
Since there appears that there is no chip in the coil, aftermarket coils should be coming soon also. Maybe a 8" will spawn out of those.

How on earth did you come to THAT conclusion? There have already been pics of coil x-rays clearly showing a chip in the coil, just like the CTX coils.

Jason in Enid said:

How on earth did you come to THAT conclusion? There have already been pics of coil x-rays clearly showing a chip in the coil, just like the CTX coils.

Well Jason, all the pics I have seen show no chip, that's how! Thank you for your concern!

bklein said:
Doesn’t make sense. Where are the photos you guys are seeing?

Just do a google search for "minelab equinox coil xray"

Well if you can point out a micro controller that serves the purpose of coil identification and anti copy then I would have concerns. There is no proof it has a accelerometer IC like the CTX because of the angle of the ten pin device. The six pin device is more than likely a Pre amp like the CTX but I see no uP inside either. We will know soon enough as after market coils will or will not be on the market soon. I'm not saying there are no chips, just none to hinder others from making a coil. JMHO Good luck to all and HH.