Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got what I came for, now I can leave...

Nick A

Had a short time to kill after work and before a meeting tonight, so I headed over to the park for a bit thinking optimistically maybe I could get an Indian head. I get there, walk to the spot I want to start, take 5 steps and the first target I dug was a deep 16-34 on the E-Trac. A nice 1874 Indian in dark black soil.

At that point I should have just turned around and left as I spent the next hour in the dark only digging a few pieces of trash. Lots of signals, just not the deep ones I was seeking!

So I was super pleased as this is Indian #30 for me for the year, and while it's nothing near Terry's (goes4ever) 100, I think it's pretty amazing considering all but three came from heavily hunted parks and schools. All in all, the past 4 days have been amazing for me and old coins... 1870s Seated dime, 1848 large cent, 1868 shield nickel and this 1874 Indian head cent.

Great finds! Are you on the east coast? Those are some old dates.

Nice IH Nick! She looks in great shape too! Congratulations....would've been seated too if just a dime or quarter! Thanks for the story and the pictures!

NebTrac

mighty nice looking IH if I don't say so myself. Nice job.

Rich

You sure had a great week Nick !
A real nice looking Indian Cent - it sure is hard to find them in that good of condition !

HH --- Mark

Nice going Nick, Enjoyed the story,Great indian!

LabradorBob