Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heavy hunted park? I dont think so.....

Ronstar

There is a city park with a pond and a tot lot by a retirement home here. Rumors have it that its pretty well picked over but I have to decree BS on that. Its not a big area and there is some EMI on the one end, none the less with rain forecast for tomorrow I spent a total of five hours over yesterday and today hoping to at least get a couple bucks.
Yesterdays one surprise was a Garfield dollar coin! Todays one surprise was a 1979 Kennedy half dollar!! All total for my time? 14Q, 10D, 1N, and 11 pennies (I don’t count zincolns but probably 6-8 of those).
Never believe what you hear. Almost all of these were 4-6” deep with just a couple under 2”. The JFK hit a solid 87-88 on the F75 so my first thought was a toy car again. I’ll take the coin.... 🤪

Attachments

• 77FD0635-42B0-4892-9065-E655FD32EBF4.jpeg
    77FD0635-42B0-4892-9065-E655FD32EBF4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
There is a city park with a pond and a tot lot by a retirement home here. Rumors have it that its pretty well picked over but I have to decree BS on that. Its not a big area and there is some EMI on the one end, none the less with rain forecast for tomorrow I spent a total of five hours over yesterday and today hoping to at least get a couple bucks.
Yesterdays one surprise was a Garfield dollar coin! Todays one surprise was a 1979 Kennedy half dollar!! All total for my time? 14Q, 10D, 1N, and 11 pennies (I don’t count zincolns but probably 6-8 of those).
Never believe what you hear. Almost all of these were 4-6” deep with just a couple under 2”. The JFK hit a solid 87-88 on the F75 so my first thought was a toy car again. I’ll take the coin.... 🤪
that is why I go back to that ole campgrounds .....every time I want to try some new settings, I still pull a coin or more from it.

Picked over and beaten to death yet everyone in their brother misses a half dollar ? 🤣🤣
They had to have been digging nails to miss it 🤭

I think most people who metal detect just find surface coins, they have the coil about three to four inches off the ground and only listen for loud 4 way signals, I call it cherry picking, that's why when somebody gets in there that really knows how to metal detect we find all these coins.

I think most people who metal detect just find surface coins, they have the coil about three to four inches off the ground and only listen for loud 4 way signals, I call it cherry picking, that's why when somebody gets in there that really knows how to metal detect we find all these coins.
I agree. It’s entertaining to watch them hunt like this. These are the very places I love to hunt!!

I'm gonna start asking folks... "what's the most hunted out parks around?":D great job... It's amazing the amount of Quarters I find 4-6" deep in heavy hit areas...that tells me everything I need to know. I mean it has to be the easiest coin to find with ANY detector. I always have success in those type areas...although it's more "work" if you consider it work...I don't! I need a day of clad hunting I'm only at $40 so far...

In defense of the JFK..... it was about one foot off the edging they used around the woodchip base in the tot lot. I’ve noticed with the bigger coils its hard to get too close to some of the borders as they use metal spikes to secure it in place. Same thing with some cement sidewalks as the rebar sounds of like high value targets. Usually I buffer out some as well but JFK was sounding off at lower numbers a bit so curiosity got him! Not an excuse but I bet we all do the same thing.......

Nice scores have to agree almost every school
I’ve ever detected for the first time I find silver it’s how you detect take your time ..
Mark

Nice!! I love it when everyone lays off the "hunted out" sites, especially the ones that keep getting replenished with coins and jewelry!

I'm gonna start asking folks... "what's the most hunted out parks around?":D great job... It's amazing the amount of Quarters I find 4-6" deep in heavy hit areas...that tells me everything I need to know. I mean it has to be the easiest coin to find with ANY detector. I always have success in those type areas...although it's more "work" if you consider it work...I don't! I need a day of clad hunting I'm only at $40 so far...
On the few occasions I just feel like going and getting clad, I'll connect the 18x3.5 inch clean sweep coil on the Tejon, turn the discriminator up and go sweep school yards and local play grounds. In mild dirt that set up still hits 6 inches if not sweeping too fast and leads to some pretty good quarter counts.