Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with an Eagle Button (again)?

utmike

A buddy dug this recently and the "eyelets" around it have us stumped.
Any info especially date range would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20231009_194634.jpg
    20231009_194634.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20231009_194655.jpg
    20231009_194655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
A buddy dug this recently and the "eyelets" around it have us stumped.
Any info especially date range would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
From what I see on the back (or don’t see), I would say those two small triangular pieces on opposite sides were used to fasten it to a piece of clothing or leather.
This is the first time I have seen something like this with loops on the sides.
“SUPERIOR QUALITY” was used by Steel And Johnson button company according to what I found.
It could date from 1858-1920.
Nice find!!!

Last edited:
Nice Save of this piece. I'm not familiar with this piece either, but someone will come along who is. I look forward to seeing this identified. Congrat's to your bud on this find.

That makes sense.

Back in the day, there was a wave of patriotism and women were making belts out of those. Yours is just one of the links in that belt. Nice find. Notice the button has never had a shank in it.

Last edited:
think the guys have it right, a military button fashioned into some kind of jewelry, belt, bracelet. It definitely looks two piece. found the below a few weeks back, looks similar, it's a civil war general services cuff button. fascinating in learning folks made these into jewelry.

Attachments

• generalservicesObverseCuffbuttonScoville.jpeg
    generalservicesObverseCuffbuttonScoville.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25