Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you guys reload? I just do .45 ACP and now 7mm Rem Mags...

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
I keep collecting the die sets to branch out if needs ever change.

Have an RCBS single stage and a Hornady Lock n Load progressive. Only a couple years now so I have plenty to learn. (Including how important it is to keep your press clean of powder after you move..)

G..

I wish you did WSM's in 7mm. Those things have gotten stupid expensive and hard to find.

I think I heard $6 a bullet. Is that right? Buy me some dies and send your spent brass... :)

G..

I do 9mm, .45 ACP and ,223. I have 1 Single Stage Lee Presse, 1 RCBS RockChucker and just ordered a Hornady Lock-N-Load Progressive.And yes supplies are getting harder to find.
Bob

32 auto, 9mm, 9mm largo, 38 special, 357, 45 acp, 45 colt, 22hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 243, 30-30, 308 norma mag, 410, 20 guage, 12 guage. Also cast bullets

I have not done much reloading for quite a few years. At one time I reloaded 12ga, 16ga, 20ga shotshells and .223, 30-06, 7X30 Waters rifle shells and 38/357, .40 S&W, and .44 Mag pistol shells. Havent done a lot shooting in the past few years. My Hunting, Fishing, Shooting, All around Good Friend passed away almost 10 years ago and I have not been as active in the shooting sports as I was when he and I did those type of things together.

I really just started about 2 years ago and my interest is gaining all of the time. Just having fun with all of the Youtube videos telling you how it's done. Lots of ideas out there. I just bought my RCBS press to go with my Hornady progressive and just got off of a site looking at converting my new press to having a lock-n-load bushing. That just seems to make sense.

Thanks for posting..

Guvner..

You have a few more guns to fire then I do... I did buy plenty of dies but that was just in case... I merely want to load for my two favorites... How long have you been doing it Lineman???

G..

I got my first reloader , 12 guage shotgun loader when I was 17. I loaded 243 shells with a lee handloader, after I was married. I bought a Pacific press set in 1980. I've been reloading since 1965. Right now for pistol I use a Lee turret press. I can load between 2 and 3 boxes of pistol shells an hour.

I use Lyman press, and reload, 38/357Mag, 44Mag, 45ACP, Colt 45, and 223. I have been doing it since 1995. Stock up on components (brass, primers, bullets, and powder), they soon will be even harder to find. :ban:

Well I have been reloading for 45 years, I load 38/357 22-250,223,243,257,270,30/30, 300 savage, 300 win mag, 300 ultra mag. I just bought a 40 s&w & have been trying to find a set of dies for it with no luck. I am sure I can find one when everything settles down & reloading equipment & supplies hit the shelves. The hard thing to find now is anything for the 223 but I have a few done if I can keep my son out of them.

7mm Rem Mag and 44 mag

I'm trying to figure out a reason I'd swap you for my brand new, RCBS, 40 S&W, 3 piece die set.. Not sure I'll ever buy another 40. Pretty happy with the 45 and my pocket pea shooter. (380 Ruger)

I've been collecting different caliburs but seem to have lost interest in the 40 guns.. Once I see a gun I like I'm sure that will change though...

G..

Reloading is the way to go for precision shooting.
There are a lot of things you can do to greatly improve accuracy if you reload!

Seems if you don't it is a punched hole and that piece of metal might be blocking the perfect ignition of the powder on the side it got pushed to. Sounded logical to me. Always want to blame something else for my bad shots... :D

G..

I have a lot of reloading equipment. I mainly collect the antique. I have a lot of the early British nitro-express dies and cartridges. These I re-load for friends at the gun club. I also collect a lot of the early Winchester cartridges and reloading dies. Been doing this for about fifty years.

That is for sure, my son has a 300 ultra mag & it is not a fun gun to shoot. I did some checking around & found a load for it that calmes it down to where it is fun to shoot. With factory loads he had a 5" group at 100 yards, with the reloads his first 3 rounds were touching.

I have been looking for some primers for awhile. I finally got two bricks of large rifle primers... I just have to find some large pistol primers for my 44 mag and I will be set..