Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How old is findmall

sube

My join date says 2012 but I was here much earlier I had bought a whites mxt which was released in 2002 and join the forum with user name selway . Did start detecting in 69 with a bfo then a few more did not get my best detector of the day till 74 whites supreme 5 , don't know if that's right but was the first geb detector released to the public .George Payne design man time fly's.
I remember being on a forum with just posts on a yellow page anyone remember . sube

I don't truly have the answer but I was here years ago then been out for years now back and trying to catch up rooting around seen threads back as far as 2003.
Trying to remember if it was yellow pages back in the day but I can't recall.

I think I started not long after you, guess early 70s. Remember having a few used BFOs too. Sometime later I bought my 1st brand new detector in the box from KellyCo (something like that). It was the Whites 6000/Di Pro. I found a lot with it back then and it was a huge step up for me and watch for the needle twitch for difference between clan & silver or zinc & wheat. And having something to indicate aprox. depth seems high tech at the time. I no longer have it (sad) but now getting back into detecting it's exciting to see what I have missed.

I seem to remember your posts name "sube" I think. Also the name George Payne seems to ring a bell. Now back I see Monte and a couple others is no longer (sad again).

I didn't join until Feb. 2010, but I remember reading comments and archived messages of at least two years of age, prior. I recall a website revamping about 6-7 yrs ago and was unable to retrieve older info.
Some of you may remember Bryce Brown who did outstanding reviews of coils and the Minelab Explorer series of dectectors when BBS and FBS technplogy was introduced...

Sometime after 1996:

Duh, Guess I should've done this first as a retired Ma Bell IT employee:
checked https://www.whois.com/ for domain name registration.

findmall.com
Domain:
findmall.com
Registrar:
eNom, LLC
Registered On:
1996-11-07
Expires On:
2024-11-06
Updated On:
2023-11-05

Well that makes sense because I bought a mxt in 2002 and join after buying it thanks (y). sube
I know it was earlier in 1996 as there was only Minelab sponsored with SunRay at that time and this is where I was told about the Sovereigns and became a dealer in 1996 being this detector sounded so good. With the help of a few of the poster I just had to get one and the patience to learn it. Findmall has been a great forum with many great people on it.