Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"hunted out" 1860s schoolhouse yields to Etrac open screen

Two beautiful coins there - a big congrats ! :beers:

I have an Explorer XS. These were made before Minelab decided to stuff all the ferrous values on the 12 line. It gives you different tones for different targets and it actually uses most of the screen to show TID. Way more useful than the Etrac or CTX.. I own a CTX but it stays at home because of this.

Chris

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
I have an Explorer XS. These were made before Minelab decided to stuff all the ferrous values on the 12 line. It gives you different tones for different targets and it actually uses most of the screen to show TID. Way more useful than the Etrac or CTX.. I own a CTX but it stays at home because of this.

Chris

SE Pro here..... +1 to Chris's comment.

Hey Sunray,

Very cool finds. That quarter is one of my favorite coins minted by the U.S.
The watch is very cool as well. I was lucky enough to find a late 1800s silver pocket watch a couple of years ago one of my favorite finds.

Thanks for the post and HH

DV

Thanks DV...yeah, i have gotten several plated pocket watches lately which is the odd thing
the one pictured here being the oldest//coolest
i actually went over the item earlier in the day...and the BLARE from the signal was so strong, i passed it because i thought it to be a crushed aluminum can for goodness sakes!!
and on my way out of the site, i went back over it and figured...what the heck
popped a 6-7 inch plug and to my amazement, it wasn't in the plug!!
so thats when i got excited to see what she was down there....and at 13 plus inches ...there she was :)
just hit 3 more silvers this afternoon after work(2 Washingtons and a war nickel).....87 for the year!
wooohoooo.....raised my target to 100 silvers and i am hoping to hit that depending on the weather

Old schools are one of my favorite places to hunt. Great job on hunting wide open and that SLQ is a beauty! Keep it up and good luck!

When you are hitting those deep coins, are you getting signals from all directions (360 degrees)? Are the signals solid, or do they chatter some (my chatter signals typically turn out to be nails or clumps of iron)? Curious, because I typically hunt in Auto +3 and get good signals to about 7-8 inches of depth n my soil. I'm thinking of doing some hunts in manual mode just to see what comes to the surface.

Thanks,
SB

sorry for the late reply SB
i will say that it is very rare that i can jump into MANUAL and NOT have it start to act up
i usually try to AUTO +3 the machine and see after 10 mins or so how stable she is like that....
then if she is stable, i will note at what level she is allowing in AUTO+3....20-21-22-23-23!?!?
so say it is like 22.....then i pop her into MANUAL and put it at say 21-22
because at he same area on the SENS scale, the MANUAL number is easily 20 hotter than AUTO+3
makes the NEL Tornado super sensitive to ANY and all ground disturbances
and yes, it DEF leads to alot of falsing and chirping
you must truly pay attention and listen for repeatable signals or really solid one way signals
for the deep rare cool stuff, it is surely worth the aggravation and extra digging to me.....