Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I dont understand the hatred:confused:

Trust, YES. Minelab is a reputable company that has made remarkable advances in the industry. I believe they will deliver a detector worthy of all this. I'm willing to bet $899 on it!

so if all posts are not we love minelab its classed as hatred ? pretty strong word to toss around not sure hate is a word I would use to describe any metal detector company some have better service than others, some have to keep shareholders happy.. etc.. so in turn have to spin some rather largish yarns to get us to reach in and pull it out , but I do have the final say in that matter, so ??

no emergency around here that I need a new detector for so just using what's been working for the last several years and if the urge comes in a year or 2 to buy another detector I may look at this one but probably be a better one by then, don't ya hate that :lmfao:

AJ

chasia said:
There're issues or this machine would have been on the market long ago.

Not true. You walk into the a card game saying you hold a royal flush. You wait and bluff and play your hand when the timing is right. On the one hand, IMO, the had this tech sitting on the shelf waiting for the right moment.

The moment: The timing had to be just right for Minelab. When the sales of their flag ships dipped to a certain level. When the competition caught up to them(XP and Impact maybe a few others). When the EQ looks like it will be surpassed in a few years. When there would be a festival in England that would be the perfect place to showcase. When the price for components was low enough. As well as other factors, this is when they decided to release the EQ.

Lastly, the tech they yet to release is the stuff we are really wishing for..

amberjack said:
so if all posts are not we love minelab its classed as hatred ? pretty strong word to toss around not sure hate is a word I would use to describe any metal detector company some have better service than others, some have to keep shareholders happy.. etc.. so in turn have to spin some rather largish yarns to get us to reach in and pull it out , but I do have the final say in that matter, so ??

no emergency around here that I need a new detector for so just using what's been working for the last several years and if the urge comes in a year or 2 to buy another detector I may look at this one but probably be a better one by then, don't ya hate that :lmfao:

AJ

AJ,

The downside to your plan is that in a couple years the new technology will still not be good enough and before you know it you're going to be THAT REALLY OLD GUY hunting at the local park with the antique metal detector that the young guys only see on ebay when they search for Vintage Metal Detector

You could avoid all that by STEPPING INTO THE FUTURE today. :clapping:

:devil:

Rich

already been to the future of discovery :lmfao:

not sure a updated 705 is going to bust the FBS detectors hump , happy to be wrong but pretty sure I have it covered ATM ...

unless it shoots gold out the end of it , to me its just another detector ....

see lots lining up for one though so its struck a cord with a lot of people and good on them hope it serves them well :biggrin:

AJ

amberjack said:
already been to the future of discovery :lmfao:

not sure a updated 705 is going to bust the FBS detectors hump , happy to be wrong but pretty sure I have it covered ATM ...

unless it shoots gold out the end of it , to me its just another detector ....

see lots lining up for one though so its struck a cord with a lot of people and good on them hope it serves them well :biggrin:

AJ

I don't have an all weather detector. Was looking at some other offerings but I wasn't really stoked about either of them. The equinox checks the boxes for what i need and then some. It's not taking the place of anything I currently have, just filling a void.

I worry that A LOT of people out there appear to be DUMPING really good detectors like they had the plague or something. Buyers market at the moment.

Rich -

if it works on wet salt and is 90% as good as FBS then people who only want one detector why not buy this new machine,

if it can do something the other machines I have cant then that would be great :biggrin: but no hurry here and prob just pick up a near new one a couple months after release if its smooth sailing and if it isn't wait a bit longer or something like that... no hurry

AJ

amberjack said:
so if all posts are not we love minelab its classed as hatred ? pretty strong word to toss around not sure hate is a word I would use to describe any metal detector company .....

I don't think you read the first line of my post or else you are just trying to stir the pot. I NEVER said that people not espousing "I love minelab" are haters. I was referring to a phenomena I was witnessing on outside group. There was serious hatred going around. People coming in simply to say how crappy this was going to be. How stupid anyone who pre-orders are, etc. If you want to sit back and wait for reviews to roll in first, theres nothing wrong with that. But if I sat here and said YOU were an idiot for not ordering already or that YOU were stupid for not understanding what the possibilities of the features were, you would come away with the same opinion just from the other side.

I filter out, not even seeing things like that, which is the same thing I do for ads and pop ups on webpages. I could't even tell you what the ad was for or what the post said. I know whose opinions I respect and I read their posts. It is much easier to put your blinders on and focus on what is important. I am even annoyed at myself that I spent a couple minutes looking at this thread.