Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I DOUBT THERE IS A COMPARISON BUT,,,,,,,,

EARTHLINGX

I am thinking of either the EXPLORER SE PRO or the T2..... i have been talking with someone that says the T2 scorches in parks , fields , playgrounds and relic hunting and that he uses a GTI 2500 at the beach because of the sensitivity and the T2 is very weak on wet ground unless all you are going to do is hunt dry beach sand...... i want 1 all around detector for this not
2 -3 different ones and I am pushing towards the EXPLORER SE PRO...... i am curious to know if someone has used their explorer for ALL AROUND and how well it works doing this........ I was also told that if i get the EXPLORER SE to also get a SUN RAY 8" coil to put on there because it will be a better coil for the explorer and will still hunt to around 2 -3 feet.......

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

yes..... i have spoken to a couple of people that have said this........ dont know how true it is but with my minelab excaliber and its 10" coil i was getting about 2' at times with it.... i know that the SUN RAY 8" is a lot more sensitive than the stock 10" on the minelab

I use the Sunray X8 as my primary coil with the XS and the SE. Mainly for the seperation and for the weight as I am 65 yrs young. I can swing it all day. But I have never gotten anything at 2-3ft deep unless it was a Buick. LOL. You will find tho that it is very consistant in the 6" to 8" range. Perfect conditions maybe 9or10". But we all know perfect conditions and classic hits are a thing of the past. Just my take.

HH BiLL IL

Hands down...Explorer.....and just use the new SE Pro Coil.......hands down it is the King! I do it all with my Explorer and now have the SE Pro Coil and will Cry if it ever breaks cause it is the BEST! I have used the Explorer XS for 8 years and don't feel the need for any other.....If you want an all around then listen to mattockman!!! :cheers:

Mattockman, There was a funny guy that used to post here several years ago when the Whites guys were calling the Explorer the "Exploder" due to the problem with the clamps cracking....he said that he didn't care - he'd carry the various electronic parts of the detector around in a Tupperware container if he had to - that's how good it was. I think many feel this way - you don't hear too much fanfare about the XLT (aka BLT), DFX (aka Defex), and the MXT (what ever the heck that is) any more. BTW, where r u located?

I agree with you mattockman 100%. I also own a Explorer XS and see ne reason to step up to any newer Explorer detector. I just received my SE Pro coil in the mail today and can't wait to see how well it performs. The weight is hardly anything with the carbon shaft combination and I feel confident that I can swing this coil all day and not get tired. :clapping: HH.

Eddie

I'll be a believer that the Sun Ray 8" coil goes 2 to 3 feet deep when I start seeing some posts on the forum about it. Has anyone else ever seen anything posted about this coil? HH.

Eddie

You must be talking about me Eric :rofl: I did and still do call them Exploders just to get under the skin of my buddies. If you want to hear fanfare about the White's line of detectors, you should go to their forums, they hold their own, and are some of the best for a general use detector. I use the DFX for all general hunting and the SE Pro for deep silver/copper park hunting. A world of a difference in the uses for each and each have their strong points. If Eearthlingx park hunts for coins and likes to hunt slow, then the Exploders are the detector for him. If he likes competition hunts, clad/jewelry gathering in sports fields/playgrounds, he will have a tough go with that choice. If his "general hunting" includes water hunting, he might want to consider another choice yet.

In other words, there is no one best detector for all kinds of hunting.

Larry (IL) said:
You must be talking about me Eric :rofl: I did and still do call them Exploders just to get under the skin of my buddies. If you want to hear fanfare about the White's line of detectors, you should go to their forums, they hold their own, and are some of the best for a general use detector. I use the DFX for all general hunting and the SE Pro for deep silver/copper park hunting. A world of a difference in the uses for each and each have their strong points. If Eearthlingx park hunts for coins and likes to hunt slow, then the Exploders are the detector for him. If he likes competition hunts, clad/jewelry gathering in sports fields/playgrounds, he will have a tough go with that choice. If his "general hunting" includes water hunting, he might want to consider another choice yet.

In other words, there is no one best detector for all kinds of hunting.

what would my other choices be????????

Michael, just about any of the top of the line detectors are great detectors and they all have their pluses and minuses. Weight, balance, speed, depth, ID accuracy, waterproof, choices of coils, repairs, warranty, price, easy to learn/use, .......... lots of reasons to consider what machine is best for the type of detecting you are going, or want, to do. Check in on some of the other Findmall Forums and read what they have had to say about their machines. My choices for general hunting is the DFX because of the speed in working sports fields, especially with an 18" Bigfoot on it, and the target ID is one of the best. Depth isn't too bad either. It is difficult to master though. On the other hand I enjoy deep coin hunting and honors have to go to the Minelab line.

I bet you are really confused now. :shrug: :sadwalk:

Ive got the X8 for my Explorer and the S8 for my Sov and neither is either deeper or more sensitive than the stock coils. They are both good coils, very light and have a nice narrow band they put down but they dont beat the 10" coils on either detector and only equal the stock 8" minelab coils.

Neil

Larry, Dave Z used to call them "Exploders" too. I do miss his colorful posts, he hunted with Explorer users as well even though he was a DFX man to the bone.

Amen to that Steve. Nancy and I took a trip to NY earlier this year that took us through Saratoga. I got a chill up my spine thinking that Dave probably hunted here and there. RIP Dave. What beautiful country to hunt in.