Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I finally broke into the 1700's today....

fwcrawford

I went back to an old house site that I tried last year and found a nice Maryland button and a few flat buttons, but no coins.
The grass in the field was somewhat shorter than last year and I was able to search more areas this time.
I started around the old house site (mostl likey and old cabin) and my second signal turned out to be a V nickel.
Later on while searching away from the house, I started finding IH cents, but they were very scattered.
Have not cleaned them up yet to try to get the dates, but could tell what they were when I found them.
After a snack break, I decided to try further down the hill towards an old cemetery thinking someone had to lose something going to and back from it.
I found a few flat buttons near it last year, but the grass was higher in the area where I figured they would have travel along a low ridge.
I found the two flat buttons not long after starting and near the cemetery, I got a solid 25 TID on my 800, but it was shallow.
I was not expecting much since it was not deep and was shocked when I saw what it was.... a Spanish Real!!
Unfortunately someone punched a hole at the third number and getting the exact date is impossible now, but I am still very happy with this find.
My hats off to you guys that search open fields... after about 4.5 hours, I was done.
After what I found today, it is hard to say what else may be there waiting.
One photos shows my other finds today.. shotgun shell bases, pocket watch parts, harmonica reed plates, and some other unknowns.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0597.jpgIMG_0598.jpgIMG_0595.jpg

Awesome finds Felix!! You made it into the 1700’s club and a whole tribe of Indians! I can’t wait to see what else you pull out of this place. Glad you went back 😎

I went back to an old house site that I tried last year and found a nice Maryland button and a few flat buttons, but no coins.
The grass in the field was somewhat shorter than last year and I was able to search more areas this time.
I started around the old house site (mostl likey and old cabin) and my second signal turned out to be a V nickel.
Later on while searching away from the house, I started finding IH cents, but they were very scattered.
Have not cleaned them up yet to try to get the dates, but could tell what they were when I found them.
After a snack break, I decided to try further down the hill towards an old cemetery thinking someone had to lose something going to and back from it.
I found a few flat buttons near it last year, but the grass was higher in the area where I figured they would have travel along a low ridge.
I found the two flat buttons not long after starting and near the cemetery, I got a solid 25 TID on my 800, but it was shallow.
I was not expecting much since it was not deep and was shocked when I saw what it was.... a Spanish Real!!
Unfortunately someone punched a hole at the third number and getting the exact date is impossible now, but I am still very happy with this find.
My hats off to you guys that search open fields... after about 4.5 hours, I was done.
One photos shows my other finds today.. shotgun shell bases, pocket watch parts, harmonica reed plates, and some other unknowns.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 52565View attachment 52566View attachment 52567View attachment 52568
1700’s ✅, congrats!

Congratulations. That’s a good site. It will be interesting to see what else you find there.

So the obverse photo is upside down { the pillar and crown side}. when you turn it right side up the top left corn will have the letter "M" Mint mark. Stunning coin!

Sites like that are rare, that's a detector's dream site.
Everytime you start to dig it's got to be exciting knowing what you've already found.
I'm a long way away from the 1700 club like 100 years, I'm happy getting back to the silver days which is just 60 years ago.

Sites like that are rare, that's a detector's dream site.
Everytime you start to dig it's got to be exciting knowing what you've already found.
I'm a long way away from the 1700 club like 100 years, I'm happy getting back to the silver days which is just 60 years ago.
Silver is silver… I did happen up on a good site though.. on my first trip there, other than a nice Civil War button, I was not too impressed.
Don’t give up and good luck!!

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 52565View attachment 52566View attachment 52567View attachment 52568
I have only found 1 real ad it was in an elementary school yard !!!!! It is the pinicale of metal detecting is the states.

Isn't it funny how the best and rarest coins we find end up damaged. ????? Back in the days to keep safe, many coins were holed and strung on a necklace.

Still a fabulous coin and one you will treasure for a long time

Carlos ruled Spain from 1759-1788

HH
Donna(NJ)

Thanks for looking!
Thanks for looking!
Super day of detecting.Three hours is about my max time detecting. Good start to 2024!

Thanks for looking!
I can read the date 17-O-2' :ROFLMAO: Ha ha. Seriously, awesome save. Congrats on the Reale, Ihps and relics. A fine hunt for sure. Good luck on your return. Mark

I can read the date 17-O-2' :ROFLMAO: Ha ha. Seriously, awesome save. Congrats on the Reale, Ihps and relics. A fine hunt for sure. Good luck on your return. Mark
That’s exactly what I said to Felix too 😂