Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I retired today folks

gear box

After a lot of pondering and soul searching I retired today after 28 years with the same company. The last two years for us have been pretty rough and I decided that before we were tossed another curve ball my wife and I would enjoy life a little more. 2 years ago we lost 5 family members in a 6 month period including my dad. Then this past winter my wife got cancer and after surgery, chemo, and radiation there is no sign of the disease, so we pulled the plug and we will metal detect more and fish more and just hang and enjoy life. So despite all that, life is going to be pretty damn good and we got started today.
Good luck to everyone, Gary

By Gar, thats the ticket! :clapping: Whats a job anyways except a temporary and unprofitable nuisance! :rofl: Very glad to see this post, I wish you the best, it looks like you came through a really rough patch and now its YOUR time!
Mud

Gary,congratulations,welcome to the club,I'm glad to hear your wife's battle with cancer is a success.Keep goals and don't rule out a part time job or a little volunteer work at things you like to do.LOL I have less time now than when I worked full time.Good Luck and Happy Retirement.Thanks Ron

:thumbup:

Same here wish you the Best with your new adventure...

I'm going Feb 10, 2013...plans...head for the beach..

Congratulations Gary! So sorry to hear about the loss of your family members. As my dad tells me, "Jim, everyday is Saturday" lol Glad to hear the good report about your wife. Enjoy everyday to its fullest. - Jim

Ron, thanks I went in to the VA clinic for my flu shot the other day and the disabled vets were there and asked if I would like to volunteer I think I will do some of that as that is a good cause and a worthwhile.
Good luck Gary

Jim, thanks for the kind words also. Yup she is well on her way and we are so happy. And we we will enjoy everyday like there won't be another.
Good luck gary

Enjoy being together and best of your time now . :twodetecting: Jim

Deepdigger, thanks and we will for sure enjoy our time together. I'm an old hippie and we both love the sixties music. During the summer we sit out on the patio with a cool one and watch the lightning bugs with the music behind us. Now i get to do that whenever I want rather than when time allows.
Good luck Gary

Congrats gear box. Relish the time together. It's not always an easy decision but when life lines up as you described the choice becomes clearer. I wish all the best for you and your wife.
HH-Bruce

Congratulations. Welcome to the Six Saturdays one Sunday Week.

Finally! Well, you guys have a happy and healthy retirement. Stay busy. At first for me it was kinda hard to flip the switch to, "off" after 32 years. But, when somebody asks you what day of the week it is and you answer, "I don't really know" you'll know you have arrived!!

Huge congrats on the retirement! That is still aways off for me but looking foward to it.

Thanks Bruce we will and you're right when life throws you a curve ball like that some decisions become very clear.
Gary