Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I thought I had this park picked over

Mark in S.E. IA

I've been working this park that use to be a school on an off for the past 5 years with my old Xterra 505 to the point where I wasn't finding anything. Well, the Etrac is finding coins that the X505 missed.

Last Fri I went there and found 3 IH's and 13 wheat's. I went back today and found 2 Barber dimes, a Merc, a War nickel and 1 wheat. I can't believe how the X505 missed so much there.
I've been to several place where the X505 did really good at and the Etrac only found a wheat or two that the X505 missed, but this place is like going to a new place I've never been to.

Nice finds Mark!
Proving once again if a site is so called 'hunted out', it ain't really hunted out if an eTrac hasn't visited it.

You don't mention if any or most of those coins were deep, on edge or near junk. Could be the reason the Xterra missed em?

ironsight said:
Nice finds Mark!
Proving once again if a site is so called 'hunted out', it ain't really hunted out if an Etrac hasn't visited it.

You don't mention if any or most of those coins were deep, on edge or near junk. Could be the reason the Xterra missed em?

All of the coins were 6" or deeper. The Merc I found today was the deepest coin I found there at a good 9" deep.
when I was there Fri, one of the wheat's I found was on edge and it come in loud and clean on the etrac.
One of the Barber dimes, I found it after I found a piece of trash in the same hole and the Barber was about 2" deeper then the trash.

Most of all the coins I found today were crappy signals but most of Friday's coins were nice clear text book signals, go figure, lol

Great finds! I've also had spots where my exterra performed better and vice versa. Makes you wonder about optimal frequencies... in any case, that's a nice haul. Kudos to you for not giving up on your site.

good job squeakin out the oldies in the pounded park......!!!!!!

It's always fun going back over an old site with a different detector or just different conditions and pulling a handful of keepers from there. Just goes to show how it's not always hunted out.

Just goes to show us..different times, different conditions, and different detectors sometimes makes a big difference.

Congrats on the killer finds !