Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If any of the testers of the equinox read this forum, why don't you conduct a conclusive test of the machine?

From a long time user of Minelab products , including the CTX3030 and is a tester who is also featured here at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zgVwbatcg&list=PL-wOIlBb-BId41w7SXIKU3sEMKtShv6Vk

Quoting from an Australian forum ( in part) on the Equinox :

"The speed setting makes a major difference amongst the trash. Be aware if you run in the slower speeds you get the best depth and although you lose a bit of depth with the fast speeds it is great amongst trash, it doesn't mask targets like the CTX so you are going to pull targets from ground you have detected."

"Definately new technology and as for how it performs in the field I have been testing it for some time now and will say without any doubt it hits coins at depth that CTX has missed. I pinged a penny at about 13 inches on an oval. I took it to the bottomless pit and pulled three threepence and one shilling in a session along with other coins that had clearly been victims of the CTX masking them out"

"Its hard for me to say as when your testing it isn't straight forward like a hunt as you are always looking for and ironing out any glitches. Its not like we get a completely releasable model to use and often I am back and forth to Minelab getting new software so it gets recharged a lot mid testing if that makes sense. I have done a few 3 to 4 hour hunts over a few days without charging. Hope that helps but try to understand that testing is very much all over the place as you are constantly changing between all modes and settings etc. For example one day I spent a couple of hours just using the pinpoint mode pinpointing targets not exactly fun and probably puts heavy draw on the battery"

I'm in agreement with Southwind on this issue. Let's see what Minelab has to offer that the competition doesn't. I'm a senior that has been waiting for some time for a lightweight unit with Minelab's technological reputation behind it. But I'm not mothballing my Etrac either.

:surrender:

Like lots of folks, I can't wait to see some reviews/videos posted by some non testers. I own a couple of CTX's, an Excal, and an AT Pro and was gonna add an AT Max but put that on hold. This new Minelab now appears to be my next addition but we'll see.

dbado1 said:
.... How do you know?...

Yeah ! After all, this IS the difference between life and death Architex is no fun, right ? :rofl: