Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If any of the testers of the equinox read this forum, why don't you conduct a conclusive test of the machine?

We don't even have a release date and you're already insisting that Minelab is withholding information or that testers are dropping the ball. Why are you so cynical? Garrett only a few months ago announced a product unveiling, then unveiled the product, then started shipping and it wasn't until machines were shipped that we really saw demonstrations. This is a shitty practice but it doesn't mean anything is fishy. Brandon Neice already said he is currently editing Nox footage and to stand by. Not every tester, I imagine, is a YouTuber or videographer, and they're probably under NDA for now, so I don't see why people are so worked up about a lack of info or demos a mere EIGHT DAYS since the machine was unveiled. Seriously, you guys are going crazy with conspiracy theories and the batteries from Detectival have barely had time to recharge. RELAX.

A lot has changed in the half decade since the CTX release. People seem to be more vitriolic online. The other issue, I think, is that this is the first Minelab in awhile to be this cheap, and owners of machines in that price range are a little sore about that. I don't know why. No one is forcing you to be brand-loyal. I honestly believe a lot of the frustration are from people who bought the Deus or the AT Max and feel they need to defend their purchases.

I really don't see why this is being made so difficult to understand. Overthinking the obvious perhaps?

All I'm saying for many years we have seen posters make the statement that they plan to wait until it [enter new detector] gets in the hands of uses and their reviews hit the forums before they decided to buy. What does they say about trust in current testers? To me it says most users don't put a lot of weight/truest in their review/results. Such a simple answer to this issue but the problem is unless you really have something to blow your horn about you will fail. The answer seems to be to spew the hype as thick and quickly as possible to get as many pre-orders sold as possible before the unit gets in the hands of the ordinary user who then start posting up the real reviews. From those reviews we determine if it is a winner or loser.

I happen to believe Minelab has a winner. They need to break this mold, or empty the swamp, and get the Equinox, when ready, out in the hands of testers who will put them through real world tests.

Patience is the greatest virtue of man...................

pretty sure minelab achieved its goal of getting minelab on peoples minds good, bad or indifferent doesn't matter as long as the focus is off the other brands they have done what was needed in a small market , get people talking and so we all now work for minelab for free.

so me included we are all suckers been hooked line and sinker..

now where is my payment detector I just sold you 20 detectors minelab :buds:

Southwind said:
I really don't see why this is being made so difficult to understand. Overthinking the obvious perhaps?

All I'm saying for many years we have seen posters make the statement that they plan to wait until it [enter new detector] gets in the hands of uses and their reviews hit the forums before they decided to buy. What does they say about trust in current testers? To me it says most users don't put a lot of weight/truest in their review/results. Such a simple answer to this issue but the problem is unless you really have something to blow your horn about you will fail. The answer seems to be to spew the hype as thick and quickly as possible to get as many pre-orders sold as possible before the unit gets in the hands of the ordinary user who then start posting up the real reviews. From those reviews we determine if it is a winner or loser.

I happen to believe Minelab has a winner. They need to break this mold, or empty the swamp, and get the Equinox, when ready, out in the hands of testers who will put them through real world tests.

Totally agree The testers of new machines are always the same, the ones who do nothing but make videos and detect to make TV shows, as well as promote the big names not disrespecting them in any way it just seems real world everyday weekend hunters or hobbyist would be a better form of testers or is it that all manuf. do not want this type testing their new products as they might feel they wont get the true results they want to hear . I own a Deus and have not used it enough to be a Pro or Mastered it yet The only thing that sets this minelab apart for me is the waterproof feature as well as the weight as I have always wanted to own a minelab but their design and weight features pushed me away from them. I think Minelab has hit a homerun here in both catagories . will be seriously thinking on adding one to my setup to compare to the Deus

Southwind said:
... The answer seems to be to spew the hype as thick and quickly as possible to get as many pre-orders sold as possible....

And as a business owner myself, I have to ask myself "What's wrong with this?". I mean, gee, they are in business after all. :rolleyes: Has anyone ever seen a restaurant (for example) advertising "our food is moldy, don't eat here" ? They have to cover their over-head, and I haven't seen a BUSINESS ON EARTH that didn't advertise in some respect . Why is it bad for any business to "sell" ? (barring explicit lying). How many times have you gone to the supermarket and NOT seen all sorts of products advertising "30% larger" or "New and improved" ?

Minelab broke new ground when the Explorers got popular in CA. So , who knows ? (the 705 sucked for all my types hunting though, doh!)

Southwind said:
.... If you put out a video that claims your new detector will make all single frequency detectors obsolete, ....

Southwind, if we take that advertising jingle to the extreme, then OF COURSE it's false. I mean, gee, nothing will ever beat a 77b for nail-see-through, right ? So in that sense "it didn't make the 77b obsolete", eh ? Or nothing can beat some of the high powered nugget machines to see a pinhead nugget at 7", right ? Or a pulse machine to effortlessly see through jet-black-sand right ? (but heaven help you if you want to pass nails).

So please see that line about "obsolete" as just advertising jingle . I think the average person, when they see that, realizes it's "ford is better than chevy" ra-ra, subjective jingle.

You mention the Explorers, I remember when they came out and everyone had to have one, but a few wanted to see what other thought of them first. In most cases many hated them and let other know everything they could think of that was bad, many went back to their to their old detectors. The few that stuck with them and found out you have to learn how these detectors will work and adjust them to how you are hunting, not the way you wanted them to work right out of the box. Then those that learned them were doing good and others followed and from the tips of those that understood them started doing very good.
There were a lot of Explorer sold and every time it seem a new model Explorer came out we seen the same thing, then come the E-Trac and some wanted to run them just like their old Explorers and being they were different they didn't like them until someone showed them what they can do once you know them.
This I feel will happen with the new Equinox as some have a way they want it to work and when it don't they wont like it, because they don't want to spend the time to learn and understand it in order to do well.
I feel the Equinox will be different and will not do as well as the CTX or E-Trac, but will do OK for most and cost a lot less and if they spend the time to learn it and do real good. Sometimes it is nice to be one of the first to get one as you will learn right from day one instead of trying to copy others setting which may work in their area, but not yours.
Some of us want to try one as soon as possible as we feel it is going to do OK if you want to spend the time to learn it.

Good luck

Rick

Minelab and all the tester can only release so much as someone mentioned until they have a working detector and then after all the tester have used the final production will any real test be released.

Sorry Tom but I seem to be missing your point. As a "business owner" I would hope you try and stick to the truth. Seems to be the difference between a successful one and one that is domed to fail. Just saying.

My point/request is quite simple and I fail to see why it seems to have touched a nerve in some. As a buyer who plans to spend a fair amount of my hard earned money on your product, don't you feel I deserve the right to question what I see as questionable? Doesn't mean I don't like what I see, if I did I would be asking more questions, it just means I don't understand and would like a little clarification.

I understand there will always be hype that cannot be backed up or proven but nothing more than sales hype. Fine as long as straight out lies are not involved. What I don't understand, well I think I do but I'd like to hear it from the manufacturer, is why the same old crap when it comes to testing. You want to be innovative and ground breaking? Send that test machine out to some average hunters who will put it to the real world test. That is what potential buyers want to see.

As I said before this simple statement shows up every time and says a lot but is ignored by the manufacturers. We ALWAYS see "I'm waiting until the detector gets in the hands of real users before I decided to buy or not." Pretty simple statement that screams to manufacturers We don't like/trust your testers reviews. You want to sell detectors? break the mold. If you really have a great detector then the sooner it gets in the hands of real users the better.

Let me use the Racer as an example. No offence meant Makro the Racer just came to mind as a good example. When the Racer was first introduced it sounded fantastic and ground breaking. Set to "turn the detector world upside down" and "raise the bar for these priced detectors". Where is the Racer today? Did any of the testers even hit at the idea the Racer was going to be another mid-lever detector destine to end up in the $300 pile? Not a one gave any indication of the future of the Racer. I bought one and knew right away its destiny. I'm sure the testers did also. After so many years most of us put little weight behind these tester reviews. Only those new to the hobby fall for the same gig.

I hope Makro does not take this as a put down. In fact I love your Racer 2 and will claim without a doubt it is a better machine than the AT Pro in my opinion. And that's saying a lot. I have used the AT Pro for 6 years and swear by it. Concentrate on the good. Don't know about the Nokta Impact, but the Racer 2 is in a class of its own.

I happen to believe in the Equinox. Don't ask me why buy my gut feeling tells me it will be the real McCoy so I have my name on the Pre-order list. I like what I see because I'm seeing far more live digs.

Southwind said:
Sorry Tom but I seem to be missing your point. As a "business owner" I would hope you try and stick to the truth.......

Hi south-wind. Love reading your posts.

As my post had said: " ... barring lying". And here is where not-everything in life can be boiled down to test-tube flow-chart types of data that can be measured and weighed. So for example, a pizza place advertises "best pizza in town". As you can see, obviously that's up to subjective personal tastes of an individual. Right ? Ok, so is that "lying" ?

So in the same way, when M.L. says "makes such & such obsolete", that is to be understood subjectively as well.

I personally heard from a respected person that was at Detectival and had the Equinox in hand and they said it's everything Minelab says it is and that it's a definite game changer, revolutionary. From what I hear it's a modified form of bbs/fbs that's using higher main frequencies and each mode in multi freq is tuned for that type of ground. I can't wait to get mine I'm getting one of each model.

John

Plenty of guys here in the UK could give this a proper workout. Its quite embarrassing to see some of the videos posted by the so called UK celebs.

After seeing all the hyperventilated comments on this and other forums I just have to say this:

It's just a detector, it's not going to make you popular, rich, handsome, or famous. It will not bring you lifelong happiness and security. It does not come with rainbows and unicorns.

It's just a detector.

Architex said:
After seeing all the hyperventilated comments on this and other forums I just have to say this:

It's just a detector, it's not going to make you popular, rich, handsome, or famous. It will not bring you lifelong happiness and security. It does not come with rainbows and unicorns.

It's just a detector.

How do you know? I'm dashingly handsome already so there's that one out of the way. The rest, I figure, will go like this...I will start making videos of the incredible finds that I will find with this detector. THEN, I will start my own You Tube Channel, become vastly popular and famous, the money will flow in by the boat load which, of course, will bring me great happiness and a lifetime of financial security.

So, don't be a buzz kill, man! I have it all planned out.:thumbup:

Dean

LMAO@dbado1

Architex it may just be a detector tow many but to me it could be another few years at my favorite sites.

Over the last 40 years I've hunted many a park and especially our city park. At 130+ years old it has given up plenty of really nice keepers. Over the years as the finds dried up I'd purchase a new tech detector and pull a few more goodies out. One of the biggest changes for me was the FBS. My first E-Trac almost turned that park in to a virgin site. I had used all the latest greatest detector out like the F75, Whites Vision but never a FBS. I liked staying American made. But I just couldn't ignore all these goodies being posted people were find in these old hunted out sites so I broke down and got one.

First trip to the local city park was amazing. Wheats, barbers, V's seemed to be everywhere just a tad deeper than I had been digging with my other machines. It wasn't so much that they weren't able to see those extra deep coins, but they VDI'd and sounded just like the tons of trash I had been dug before. The E-Trac was different. It had a certain um... savoir faire that left me going home each hunt with a hand full of keepers. For the next 3-4 years that E-Trac continued to give me a few keepers on every trip. Needless to say I'm sold on whatever make the FBS tic.

Now I'm hoping this new Equinox can pull off another year or so of finding keepers at the city park. It may be just another E-trac with a new design, but you know what, I'd be happy to pay $800 for an E-Trac that weighed 2 1/2 lbs and had a lightening fast recovery speed. Through in a better hit on small odd gold and I'm in heaven.

Southwind said:
LMAO@dbado1

Architex it may just be a detector tow many but to me it could be another few years at my favorite sites.

Over the last 40 years I've hunted many a park and especially our city park. At 130+ years old it has given up plenty of really nice keepers. Over the years as the finds dried up I'd purchase a new tech detector and pull a few more goodies out. One of the biggest changes for me was the FBS. My first E-Trac almost turned that park in to a virgin site. I had used all the latest greatest detector out like the F75, Whites Vision but never a FBS. I liked staying American made. But I just couldn't ignore all these goodies being posted people were find in these old hunted out sites so I broke down and got one.

First trip to the local city park was amazing. Wheats, barbers, V's seemed to be everywhere just a tad deeper than I had been digging with my other machines. It wasn't so much that they weren't able to see those extra deep coins, but they VDI'd and sounded just like the tons of trash I had been dug before. The E-Trac was different. It had a certain um... savoir faire that left me going home each hunt with a hand full of keepers. For the next 3-4 years that E-Trac continued to give me a few keepers on every trip. Needless to say I'm sold on whatever make the FBS tic.

Now I'm hoping this new Equinox can pull off another year or so of finding keepers at the city park. It may be just another E-trac with a new design, but you know what, I'd be happy to pay $800 for an E-Trac that weighed 2 1/2 lbs and had a lightening fast recovery speed. Through in a better hit on small odd gold and I'm in heaven.

Very good points. I especially like the last 2 sentences!

Dean