Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is CTX wireless module using Bluetooth?

Update -

I found a 1/4 mono to 1/8 stereo jack at radio shack today. I remove the mod and tested it. It works in the detector headphone module and in the wireless module. For those who want to try it. It's Radio Shack # 274-348

I am going to make an adapter because I feel that the Bluetooth transmitter cable is too short. I wanted to preserve the Bluetooth transmitter cable. I am afraid if I leave it like that and if it rubs against the ground, trees. elements or myself while detecting it will wear down the cable or break it.

I thought it would be best to make an adapter then move the Bluetooth transmitter more forward maybe near or next to arm rest something like that so the transmitter cable is not exposed to possible rubbing against anything or the elements.

It would be easier for me to replace or fix adapter than the cable on the Bluetooth transmitter.

Bill

Just finished making an adapter

I think best location is slightly underneath my arm so when I am detecting in heavy wooded area there less chance of Bluetooth cable getting caught in the branches etc.

I detect with right hand, the Bluetooth cable should be safe between my body and my arm.

Here one more adapter I made.

This adapter will allow me to plug my implant directly into the CTX wireless module. Plan "B" in case if the Bluetooth transmitter isn't working out for me. ;)

Bill

I would like to add thank you to everyone who helped me, shared ideas, and feedback with this! :thumbup:

Bill

Good luck out in the field Bill, keep us posted with your goodie finds.... :biggrin:

BTW, We met in St. Louis many years ago when Findmall had the Minelab/White's seminar/hunt. I handled the White's side of the event.

Larry (IL) said:
Good luck out in the field Bill, keep us posted with your goodie finds.... :biggrin:

BTW, We met in St. Louis many years ago when Findmall had the Minelab/White's seminar/hunt. I handled the White's side of the event.

Yes I remember the seminar.hunt in St Louis,

Since I am Deaf so I didn't stay long for the events, I just went down the street about a block from the events to where workers were doing some digging making some improvement to the park. I didn't find much but a couple of wheatie here and there.

If we meet again and I see your face again, I will probably remember you.

Bill

n/t

n/t