Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the DFX obsolete now?

Not at all.

The DFX is still at the top of the wanted list, and will be for some time to come. Not everyone can afford the V3, for those, the DFX is the affordable choice.

The DFX is as good as it ever was. White's has just raised the standard of excellence is all.

Even though I'm using a V3, I still pull out the DFX when I need to cut to the chase (because of knowing it better and sometimes having time constraints). Miss the interface on the V then, but....for most targets, the DFX still screams 'em out just as well. Time spent with the V is slowly changing all that but the DFX won't be outdated for years to come.

I would think that if they were going to phase anything out it would be the XLT, and I may be off base to think this.

Jerry Murphy

R-bass said:
The dfx is a V3 with out the color sceen

Sir, Do spent more time reading!!! You think Whites made a "Prizm 1"...WRONG
You think "the V3 is the same as a DFX-less color"...WRONG
You think "whites xlt vs dfx the same md but just a spin off from the xlt" WRONG

LOL

READ

Jerry

R-bass said:
The dfx is a V3 with out the color sceen

You don't have one, nor have watched the videos, nor investigated it at all, or.......................? Shares the black paint and lower rod assemblies and newer coils. 'Bout it.

That is like saying a Lamborghini is a Corvette painted a different color. Both good cars but that is where it ends.

njgreg said:
My DFX became my back up

LOL...My DFX got called up to first string today! At least my BigFOOT coil will work on the DFX ;-)

Jerry

I'm a casual hunter. I bought a DFX used in March. It will take me another year or two to master it at the rate I am learning. It is an amazing detector for what I paid, one third the price of a new V3.

The V3 is my first Whites machine ever. I really think a LOT of it and of Whites for putting this much thought into a detector.

However I know nothing about the DFX. I have seen friends go behind me with an MXT and make finds... (I didn't like it one bit either). I think i was using an F75 at the time.

I may consider buying a used Whites machine, especially if it will share the coils that I buy for the V3. What can you tell me about the DFX or MXT other than they are good too. Obviously, from this post, theyt are not the same an a V3. Are they similar in any way? Easier to use? Harder to use? Faster?

What about the Classic series and also the 5900 or 6000 series analog detectors. I have looked at the 5900s and 6000s for over a year on Ebay. I like the way the analog meter looks but I have never used one... I guess I am late to the party.

Are there any advantages to the analog machines? Do they have an edge in any situation or are they just different?

Thanks,

Julien

I dont use whites myself..But I wouldnt think that the DFX is obsolete...It has a diffrent price range which really appeals to alot of folks..For the price its a good machine in that range..They would stand to lose to much revenue by stopping production of such a tried a tested model as the DFX..I think you will see them around for many many years to come..HH

In the hands of a user with hundreds of hours of correct use , no MD is completely obsolete. I would never sell my XLT, as much as I like and still learning the V3.

Hunted with a bud that had a pumped up Classic III. In the dirt we were hunting, he did just as well as me. (Nothing deeper than 6', mild conditions.) In fact, at first, he was stomping on me until I made up a fast response, single frequency program. If you have a decent machine..."outdated" is a misnomer. What the V has done is given us unprecidented versitility and, once you've grown into it a bit, ease of getting around in a very common sense menu format w/lotsa eye candy. In fact the program I made up was very much DFX like.

Go to the MXT forum and ask your question J, great bunch of users over there and at least one MXT/V3 user. Personally, I think the MXT would be the way to go over the DFX. The DFX has a slight edge over the MXT IMHO, but the learning curve is VERY long. It took me over a year before I even started to understand the DFX. The only exception would be if you were going to hunt salt water, then I would stick with the dual frequency DFX.

I'm not real familiar with the DFX but hear its a great machine. I just purchased a used M-6 and like it alot. I used my Father-inlaws XLT for awhile and got fairly good at reading what the machine was telling me. Bought the M-6,and felt like I just started from the begining again. I think it's all about getting to know and trust your machine and dig alot.:pulltab:

Hreey Hreey Yes,