Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just something I knocked up.

excuse the Scots accent;)

[video]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QBkp00ZU-fE[/video]

Well done Toddy lad, most excellent :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Excellent video.

You put my mind at ease about getting the E-Trac.

Enjoyed your accent. It made me listen more intently.

Thank you!

Very nice! "Knocked up". :clapping: Ha! That had me going! Over here "knocked up" is common slang for getting a girl pregnant. :surprised:

LOL

well done Colin, take no notice of the clever remarks by the welsh goat , would like to see a few more clips in the future, thanks for taking the time to help others .

john moore

JM said:
well done Colin, take no notice of the clever remarks by the welsh goat , would like to see a few more clips in the future, thanks for taking the time to help others .

john moore
I was replying to Zincoln Digr not Colin . You need glasses ,your as blind as a bat, !

I hope everyone knows my comments were all in fun, and I appreciate Colins efforts on a job well done! A Welsh goat? :surprised: Are they stinkier than regular goats? :biggrin:

Excellant presentation. I'm still fighting my Etrac and using my Xterra more. You hit it on the head......its just a metal detector. Set it up simply....run it simply. Thanks again.

thedeserttortoise said:
Excellant presentation. I'm still fighting my Etrac and using my Xterra more. You hit it on the head......its just a metal detector. Set it up simply....run it simply. Thanks again.
So why pay the amount Minelab are asking for the e-trac when a simpler machine will do the same job.My Whites m6 will do anything that the e-trac does on the video yet it costs less than half the price.Toddy has just proved that all these programs are really just a waste of time.I've hunted at many rallies with people who own e-tracs and at the end of the day they never find any more than anybody else.....u still have to go over it to find it and most top machines will find it if it's there.

I appreciate the time and trouble that you took to do this for everyone. I just want to know... if I manage to get to Scotland one day, will you take me hunting?

I'll return the favor if you ever get to the Atlanta area, in Georgia...

PS... straighten the picture on the wall... it's driving me nuts. I want to reach into the video and straighten it. I am obssed with mirrors and pictures and such being straight on the wall... it's like a phobia or something. I straighten them in customers homes when I am there... help me out. laff...

Gret job really, it makes me want to do a video too but I don't have a face for the camera... really not a voice for radio either...

Julien

If anyone on this forum is ever in Scotland I will certainly take you to some very old sites, thats a promise! Just PM me.

Nauti Neil said:
thedeserttortoise said:
So why pay the amount Minelab are asking for the e-trac when a simpler machine will do the same job.My Whites m6 will do anything that the e-trac does on the video yet it costs less than half the price.Toddy has just proved that all these programs are really just a waste of time.I've hunted at many rallies with people who own e-tracs and at the end of the day they never find any more than anybody else.....u still have to go over it to find it and most top machines will find it if it's there.

Hi Neil

In Scotland our soil is jet black and highly mineralized. We have a real bad problem with burnt coal that litters all our fields. These lumps of burnt coal give a great sound and come in right where our small ancient hammered silver coins come in. Only multi frequencies E-trac, DFX, Explorer type detectors don't get affected when in all metal they see right through it. I have seen me digging 20-40 lumps per day out and thats a lot of holes and mess for nothing. I have used the Explorer since its launch and the E-trac certainly is finding tiny stuff my mate can't see with his SE Pro. We where on a site he could only manage Manual Sens 16 without it falsing and I could run the E-trac at 25 stable on BAD soil full of iron.

Yes on better soil and one with no coke single frequency might do better but honestly the E-trac is the deepest I have used on my soil. Also the E-trac will destroy a single freq on the salt wet sand.

HH

Toddy

JM said:

john moore

Cheers John I will do some in the field stuff.

Hey Toddy...thanks again for the insperation...went out today and tweaked my masking a bit and came onto my first really exclussive Etrac find. I ran my Xterra over the mark before digging and it didn't seperate the button from the iron. My Etrac would null while at the same time allowing this buttons signal through. Pretty coool. This site is the trashiest you'll ever see. I'm going out again either tomorrow or Saturday and I'll take a pic of it. I swear, iron and bottle caps every few sq inches. By the way, does anyone know what era or branch this military button is?