Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Spent 38-K and got Shi..t

fastdraw

The wife and I. "Mostly the Wife" just popped 38-K on a New Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, and she refused to take it to any places I felt was possibly good hunting grounds. She's also a Metal Detector... with the Vanquish 540. Here is a picture of what I detected today..!! Not even a bottle cap..!!

Next time... I'll take my 29 year old 1992 4x4 Ford Explorer...! Get it..!!

Attachments

• 20210418_182219.jpg
    20210418_182219.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I hear ya. Mama has the ‘19 Charger and thats her daily driver and our taking a trip car. I use my ‘01 Dodge Cummins for my daily driver and it pulls the trailer for camping trips. Truck also holds the ATV with tailgate closed (shortbox), backseat for detector and accessories, and my whatevers. I have a couple old pioneer homesites to get to this year so truck and ATV needed, car not so much.......but who’s to say, she might find an original Gucci handbag hanging in a tree followed up by “I told ya so”! 😂

Reading some posts about the Nox ( have one coming) and came across this post. And, was just wondering what it is about women and Jeeps?

Back in 2015 my wife's many years old Mercury Sable was about to give up the ghost and we started talking about replacement vehicles. I've been a Ford man most of my life and mentioned a couple of models that would be similar to her old Sable, which she had liked. She stated flat out, "I want a Jeep, 2 door model."

Now, my wife is my same age and I have mentioned my age on the forums an occasion or two. WE are far from spring chickens. She, none the less, wanted a Jeep and mainly located one she liked, pretty much negotiated the deal herself, and ended up with a Black Wrangler, Oscar Mike, addition. It has the old looking Army star on the hood. And while she will let me use it "once in a while," it is still her pride and joy and loves that uncomfortable sucker just as much as the day she bought it. (Maybe I've been driving SUV's too long) Anyway, women love their Jeep's it seems. HH jim tn

Thank God my two cars are all paid off no new cars for me maybe a new Honda trail 125 for exploring new spots to detect. no debt is good in these times!!
Mark

WoW

Yes, no debt is always best but now it's getting to be unamerican. Saw an interview of a just graduated college kid that ran up $228,000.00 in debt. She was probably about 22 years old. Didn't seem to bother her but she mentioned that college should be free. In other words just lay it on the tax payer.

Well this whole deal with spending is to break the America as we know it she will have no future sorry to say..
Mark
Yes, no debt is always best but now it's getting to be unamerican. Saw an interview of a just graduated college kid that ran up $228,000.00 in debt. She was probably about 22 years old. Didn't seem to bother her but she mentioned that college should be free. In other words just lay it on the tax payer.

Thankful my wife is easy to please. Well she did marry me. My 15 year old ranger decided that it would show us who was boss. Some times it would start with no problem and other times it would not start. Spent about 500 bucks trying to find the problem. Diagnosis said no problems. So i got rid of it. Got a different brand of truck and my wife said i like that. She drives it more than i do. So far she has been hit by a hit and run driver and a week or so ago while we were out of town a neighbor across the street had a tree fall. Grandson told the neighbor that thee was no damage to my property. Tree missed my boat but left a baseball size dent in the hood of my truck. Beginning to think i have a bad luck vehicle. Mighty glad my wife does not want a Chrysler produce as i would view that as grounds for divorce. i had a Dodge RAm-1500 and it was the worst piece of junk i ever owned.

Me and my buddy were out a couple weeks ago. He was driving his new KIA SUV. we went back in a field. I said surprised your wife let you take it out here. He said?SHE DON'T KNOW. :)

My wife lets me take her car wherever my ‘judgement’ allows. Having said that…it’s a minivan so…lol! My detecting ride is a Silverado on 35’s. Not the most economical but it’ll get anyplace I point it! Problem is, I’ve only been pointing it at work for the last couple years! As has been mentioned, I wish I didn’t have any payments but one is a 2015 and the other a 2019. I have entertained dumping the truck and building another XJ Cherokee! But the wife won’t get rid of her people mover. Payments it is…