Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just want to tell you V3I owners what a superb piece of machinery this is!

amcjavelin

I know my opinion don't really much matter here but i just want to tell you owners i envy you guys, i think this a brilliant machine after watching alot of vids and what it does between the grapghing and freq readouts and audio that i hope you guys spank all the minelab users out there, and i'm still old school on detecting but this thing seems to be the real deal or at least from what i've seen of it anyways I wish you owners many successes!

All I am doing is enjoying a great hobby. I am not trying to spank anyone. Rob[attachment 177956 ani_einstein.gif]

Thanks for the compliments on the V, the Kudos goes to White's...........:clapping: and your opinion DOES mater. With all of the top of the line detectors on the market, no one gets spanked anymore, maybe never did, it is a matter of getting your coil over the target and knowing what to dig and what to leave in the ground. Many of us are multi-line owners for many reasons, but I have to agree with you that White's has a winner with the V3i.

Thanks for your post.

i probably should'nt of put that mention of the other compettitor in there but was just trying to be funny a little bit! I don't think my wife would let me spend that much on machine as this so i just dream and druel!

Save your clad sell your gold and silver you find or hint like hell to Santa just maybe you will find it under the tree ! And yes it is the very best machine and whites is a very good co. they stand behind there product sometime when you think no way it was My fault .

amcjavelin,

I'm a new owner and I am really impressed with the V3i. Whites did indeed exceed what anyone could have expected them to do. Man this V3i has so many things you can change or adjust you customize it for how you hunt, where you hunt, how you like for it to look(on the screen) and how you like for it to sound. Just unbelievable.

As others indicated, save your money, sell some things you don't need or want. You also can wait till the next model comes out and buy one used? Course, then you'll want that one!:surprised:

Anyway, well there is a will, there is a way.

p.s. I presume you are or were an AMC Javelin owner? That was always a really neet car. Really liked the styling.

Yes i owned a 1972 police packaged 401 go series that would do 135MPH and maybe more if i dared it was a retired state of tennesse car cruiser heavy duty everything the only car at the time that it could'nt beat was a GTO judge or of course a vette ok enough car talk sorry

I had a GTO some years ago - sure won some bets back then. 489 oval 6-pak and the fella who helped me put it together gets credit too. We spent almost 4 years putting it together after from what looked like a forgotten junk yard piece for start. After the midnight metallic dark blue paint and fresh tires, I had to give it a shot against the hot rod who ruled the neighborhood with his Nova. Was a good day when I was the first to beat him.
The TX title back then actually had 64-1/2 on it, won a few beers just off that.
In a few months a fella offered a load a cash that I couldn't pass up. All that work for a short period of joy but oh boy them were the days. Then some fast motorcycles came out in the 70s but I kept missing that goat. So I ran into a good deal on a 69 Chevelle, 400 sm. block. So we had to start modding on the engine, drive train & suspension etc., still wasn't like a goat. Miss those days....:smoke:

All I have for now is from a single knob Compadre to the V3i.... and a handful in between. Couple years I let go my older analog units, but years past it was the BFO/TR units.
I think Whites did a nice job on the new tech V3i, its intriguing enough I can't let it go, but I also use my low end stuff too. It's nice to have a choice and Whites has another winner in my book.
Back when I bought a new Whites 6000 Di Pro, it was like "High Tech" back then. The analog meter on a color scale was whiz bang far in the future compared to what I was using.

Those of you who think you are on the Car Talk forum are wrong.....

All in my smart car for a club hunt LOL

CIMG1084.jpg

Jerry

The V3/V3i are in the same league with the E-TRAC/SE. Those two (or four) machines are top of the heap for VLF detectors. I don't think either one will spank the other except in the hands of an experienced users who really knows their machine... but put a V3i and an E-TRAC in the hands of good experienced users and IMO, they will compare favorably... but put either one (V3 or ET) in the hands of a casual or inexperienced user and let them hunt with someone who really knows any sort of mid or low end detector and you will find that experience will trump technology every time... experience and the best technology will outhunt anything. I think that the V3i may have an edge over the E-TRAC/SE because you can tweak it so much more to suit the ground conditions and the targets you are hunting. You have great choices of DD and concentric coils with the V3i. I don't know of any concentric coil for the E-TRAC/SE other than one Excellerator 8" coil and I have never tried it. It seems that SEF now has 12x10, 15x12, and 18x15 coils for the V3/V3i. For a while they wouldn't work on 22.5 but they are advertising them now for the Spectra... I may have to try one. I really like the 12x10 design.

ou maybe have seen some guy who has hunted with some old machine for 20 years... and that is all he has used for those 20 yrs. He spanks everyone and you think. "man, I need to get one of those... that is a great machine", but it isn't the machine, it is the user who knows evey little tick or sound the machine makes and exatly what it means because he has dug thousands of signals... that machine is like part of the person.
Well, imagine when someone has used a V3i for 20 years.. and that is all they have used for those 20 years. They will walk on to a site and within a few minutes know exactly how to set the V3i to master the site and they will be amazing hunters.

J

J

Julien speaks the truth. One thing though, even though the SEF are offered for the V3 they are not V rated. Kellyco does not say they are. Rob

I orederd one (12x10) and sent it back because it said on the box, MXT, DFX, and (maybe) M6. It did not say Spectra or V3. However, I also got, in the same order an 8x6 SEF. It did say on the box that is was for the Spectra... so I assume that it is. It seems to work just fine. I had also assumed that since they are now selling the larger SEF coils specifically for the Spectra that they will work on them... in all frequencies. If not, well... they should say so. I'd like to try the 15x12 on the V3 but not if it wont work... BTW, some of those 18x15 coils are really expensive. They must have to do something extra to them other than just make them bigger because some are more than twice the price of the 15x12. ... like 800 bucks, IMO... that is a lot of money for a coil and it had d@mn well better work for that kind of money, laff.

Anyway, I think the 15x12 SEF on the V3 running 2.5khz (or 7.5), a slow 80 to 100 recovery, and a 5 or 7.5 band pass filter might be some interesting detecting at some sites that aren't too trashy and have given up some deep coins or in some older Florida/ SW GA sites where 20 yr old coins are already 8" deep. I noticed on a vacation to upper Michigan a few years ago that they have some soft black soil up there too... I bet things get deep fast up there with the freeze/thaw cycle.

I be interested to know if Detech has made any changes to the SEF coils they market for the V3, any difference from the ones they sold a year ago for the DFX etc.

J

Julien they are not V rated. We have been through this before. They list them for the V3 but as you notice they will not print anywhere V rated. Again some you get will work better at the 22.5 frequency and some won't. they will fine on 2.5 and 7.5.

Well, that is sort false advertising isn't it? I think I would have to add a disclaimer if I were selling something adversised as an accessory to something, all the while knowing that it has potential problems... I could not make money that way. Honesty is more improtant than money, at least in my book. I guess they can justify it by saying that the manufacturer says it works on the product in question... but well, I guess I am "old fashioned".

I think that if these coils are not "V" nulled and I accept that they are not, on your word... then whoever sells them should not just say that they are for the Spectra, they can say that but they should also say that they are not "V" nulled and may not work as well on 22.5khz and may not work well with TX boost but may work better than some "V" nulled coils with a lower RX... I think that would be fair. What is wrong with just trying to tell the truth? Am I being too harsh?

Thanks for the help,

J

jbow said:
Well, that is sort false advertising isn't it? I think I would have to add a disclaimer if I were selling something adversised as an accessory to something, all the while knowing that it has potential problems... I could not make money that way. Honesty is more improtant than money, at least in my book. I guess they can justify it by saying that the manufacturer says it works on the product in question... but well, I guess I am "old fashioned".

I think that if these coils are not "V" nulled and I accept that they are not, on your word... then whoever sells them should not just say that they are for the Spectra, they can say that but they should also say that they are not "V" nulled and may not work as well on 22.5khz and may not work well with TX boost but may work better than some "V" nulled coils with a lower RX... I think that would be fair. What is wrong with just trying to tell the truth? Am I being too harsh?

Thanks for the help,

J

I bought one from Kelly co after they told me that they were v-rated only to get it at home and find that it was not. I was given the contact info for SEF and I never followed up with calling them or emailing. Kelly Co refunded my whole purchase price. The 22.5khz will overload the detector when running the 3 frequency and gain cranked with tx boost. I did however find a brass pocket watch at 10" and a 16guage brass shotgun shell at 6" or so with the 15x12. Forget about running the 22.5 by itself. I will buy another as soon as they become v-rated. The coil seemed to really ignore iron and find the deep conductive targets.