Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Knives

KSDfisher77

Anybody have knife problems? Knives Anonymous! Well I like knives & I like to make knives from time to time. People seem to freak out when you mention your everyday carry knife cost $300. I believe in carrying some sort of knife at all times.

Heres a few knives I recently made for friends. Hope you enjoy knives like I do.
20230110_194327.jpg
20230126_160208.jpg
20230126_160125.jpg
20230316_192410.jpg
20220328_140358.jpg
20220331_003228.jpg
20220402_214751.jpg
20220403_120216.jpg
20221213_184532.jpg

Attachments

• 20220224_211301.jpg
    20220224_211301.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
If you get a chance.... I'd love to see pics of your Anvil.... And the hammers you use.... Have you made a home made forge... or do you just heat with a torch....
Home built wood stove that can be converted to a force air forge. Anvil is homemade also by someone probably 100+ years ago & weighs 186lbs. All the hunting style knives are just stock removal with heat treat & temper. I'll get some pics.

I love making knives and tools.
Though mine are just for function.
Not purty. 😁
Yep that's what I tell my friends & customers, my knives are working knives. Go use them & enjoy it. If it breaks, (highly doubtful) but if it does I'll send you a new knife. Lol unless your beating on it with a hammer & rock.🤣😂🤣 Then I might not stand behind my work. If a guy wants a show knife I'll build it, but my price is reflected for the time it takes. Hoping to get a small mill next year, so I can start building custom pocket knives.

Yep that's what I tell my friends & customers, my knives are working knives. Go use them & enjoy it. If it breaks, (highly doubtful) but if it does I'll send you a new knife. Lol unless your beating on it with a hammer & rock.🤣😂🤣 Then I might not stand behind my work. If a guy wants a show knife I'll build it, but my price is reflected for the time it takes. Hoping to get a small mill next year, so I can start building custom pocket knives.
I have a mill and lathe. I'm looking for a surface grinder and Large belt sander with variable speed.

Yeah a hollow grind is one of the harder grinds to pull off & look good. Really one of defining features of a bowie.
I prefer the convex. Rounded Samurai edge.
Pushing the materials cut away from the cutting edge as it slices. Somewhere I have a sawback machete I made years ago out of a 20" Racine metal cutting saw blade. You could build a cabin with that thing. Now if I can figure out which son umm borrowed it. LoL

I prefer the convex. Rounded Samurai edge.
Pushing the materials cut away from the cutting edge as it slices. Somewhere I have a sawback machete I made years ago out of a 20" Racine metal cutting saw blade. You could build a cabin with that thing. Now if I can figure out which son umm borrowed it. LoL
Yeah I sometimes mix my convex & concave definitions up or I get them backwards when I'm talking about them. Yeah I make a 11" bladed buchcraft knife i think you could chop a car in 2

Here's an old filet knife I made years ago.
Made from a saw blade.
Can't find that darn machete.
That's an Elm handle.
Toughest handles I've ever made.
Made some nice hand saw handles too. Tough stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_123843_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230629_123843_hdr.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Here's an old filet knife I made years ago.
Made from a saw blade.
Can't find that darn machete.
That's an Elm handle.
Toughest handles I've ever made.
Made some nice hand saw handles too. Tough stuff.
As Doug would say! IT WILL CUT!!! Nice looking filet knife. Yeah elm when cured right is tough as nails! Longest blade length is about 12" thus far, with a overall length 17-18" is my largest.