Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Knives

Yes, that is a limited edition Gil Hibben "War Bird".
There's also a Gerber Mk1, a Puma boot knife, a Browning (Hiitori) drop point, a Case XXX boot knife, and an A.G. Russell "Sting".
Was the War Bird used/shown in a movie? Yeah I wish I would have bought a 1st production run of the Gil Hibben Rambo 1st blood knife. There stupid expensive the last I looked.

Was the War Bird used/shown in a movie? Yeah I wish I would have bought a 1st production run of the Gil Hibben Rambo 1st blood knife. There stupid expensive the last I looked.
I don't know if the War Bird was ever in a movie or not. I just liked it and had a chance to buy it for the right price from an estate sale.

I've had that Puma for over 45 years. Bought it brand new in '77 for $60.
I've had the two Gerbers and the Japanese Browning in that pic for about as long as the Puma.

The Browning was my EDC for years, but they're worth too much for me to carry it every day now. I'm currently working on a similar design to replace it with. Ordering the G10 and mosaic pin material either tonight or tomorrow.

I don't know if the War Bird was ever in a movie or not. I just liked it and had a chance to buy it for the right price from an estate sale.

I've had that Puma for over 45 years. Bought it brand new in '77 for $60.
I've had the two Gerbers and the Japanese Browning in that pic for about as long as the Puma.

The Browning was my EDC for years, but they're worth too much for me to carry it every day now. I'm currently working on a similar design to replace it with. Ordering the G10 and mosaic pin material either tonight or tomorrow.
Sweet deal. Please Do show us your work when you are finish with it. I like G10 but that stuff is harder than steel, that stuff really eats up a bandsaw blade in a few cuts.

My neck knife/ crossdraw EDC knife I'm going to build is going to be G10 handle as well. I got some wild! black,white, & blaze orange layered G10 for my next few projects. Feel free to share all you want. Thanks.

I like that grungy old bowie in the middle... that speaks to me.... Nice Collection :thumbup:
I found that knife stuck in a beam in an old bard that has all but fallen down out in the middle of nowhere. It had been there a while and was showing its age.

Sweet deal. Please Do show us your work when you are finish with it. I like G10 but that stuff is harder than steel, that stuff really eats up a bandsaw blade in a few cuts.

My neck knife/ crossdraw EDC knife I'm going to build is going to be G10 handle as well. I got some wild! black,white, & blaze orange layered G10 for my next few projects. Feel free to share all you want. Thanks.
I'll post it when it's done, but don't hold your breath or anything, because I've got so many irons in the fire that I hardly know what direction I'm going in. Paying work has priority, and this time of year my schedule often changes from hour to hour.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got cookin'. Maybe it will inspire me to do more with this hobby.

I'll post it when it's done, but don't hold your breath or anything, because I've got so many irons in the fire that I hardly know what direction I'm going in. Paying work has priority, and this time of year my schedule often changes from hour to hour.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got cookin'. Maybe it will inspire me to do more with this hobby.
No problem I know how all them fires work ya. Winter is more of my knife making season too. So I'm like a turtle slow & steady!🤣😂🤣

I found that knife stuck in a beam in an old bard that has all but fallen down out in the middle of nowhere. It had been there a while and was showing its age.
Yeah I am amazed at all the different types of knives I've found metal detecting. Feel free to post pics if you want to. Thanks.

Here is 3 of 5 knives I'm currently working on to go to New York to a knife shop to be offered for sale. A lot of people tell me I'm too cheap on my knife prices. But I'm not trying to make a full time job from it. I could thou. Hope you enjoy. Sorry for the tape, you'll have to use your imagination, till I derobe them.
20230630_195714.jpg

Just ordered the pin material for a few. I got two different designs that are similar but not same.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I still have to decide which G10 I want. It will likely be layered, but I can't make up my mind what colors to go with.

Just ordered the pin material for a few. I got two different designs that are similar but not same.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I still have to decide which G10 I want. It will likely be layered, but I can't make up my mind what colors to go with.
That mosaic pin has got stupid priced. You got 2 of my favorite designs thou. It's going to look sharp. I want to get some of the new zombie green & black layered G10

I've been looking for a Heavy anvil for years.
I'm just not gonna pay upwards of $1000 for it.
If you're going to buy a new one, I would highly recommend an Emerson.
At the same time I have to recommend that you don't get a JHM. They are too hard, and it'll wipe out your elbow.

Used, you can often find an old Vulcan pretty cheap. They're an industrial pattern that a lot of folks don't want, but they have a tool steel plate welded on the face.
The best anvils have a tool steel plate sweated on the face. They haven't made any like that since about 1909, so in good shape they bring a pretty penny.

This video is a good watch... The guy checks out one of those new harbor freight anvils... He puts it through the paces and hammers out a knife with it... I have 2 harbor freight stores near me... And neither store has stocked this anvil...

30 second test.... Can't catch worth a Dar n...
He's full of crap. According to him, the harder the better, and he couldn't be more wrong.

Rebound is important, but it's not what's most important. When you make your living in the fire, and you're working over an anvil all day every day, that super hard anvil will tear you up, and you're not going to work at all once you've ruptured ligaments in your elbow.

He's full of crap. According to him, the harder the better, and he couldn't be more wrong.

Rebound is important, but it's not what's most important. When you make your living in the fire, and you're working over an anvil all day every day, that super hard anvil will tear you up, and you're not going to work at all once you've ruptured ligaments in your elbow.
I'm Sorry Partner.... I wasn't trying to upset anyone... I just thought it was funny he couldn't catch the ball... He may have the ligament damage you've described... That would explain it..... which makes it not funny at all... sorry