Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lady Liberty Asked me to take a Seat... TWICE !!!!!

FooserPaul

Hello all...

I hit Indian Park tonight 6:15... I was hoping to add a few wheats and perhaps an Indian or 2 to the collection...

This little park (as I' have shared in the past) is located between a package store and a housing project... There are a gazillion screw caps every, on the ground, partially buried, and buried at various depths... They ring in from 24 to 42... but this park has been in place since the late 1800's...

10 minutes in I'm working an area without grass... I'm getting a mid to upper 30's signal @ 9" that could be a rusty nail, or... *shrug*...

7-8" the get a nice buzz on the pinpointer... Grab the next inch or two of dirt...

Hello Ms. LIBERTY !!! Seated... 1875...

[attachment 264024 4242013_1875SeatedDime.jpg]

Now I have a conductive signal of 15 4-5" to the left... this was a rolled up small screw cap...

Wait!! This unmasked a nice 42-43 @ 5" just a few inches away...

Hello Ms. Liberty !!! Didn't we just meet... 1891...

[attachment 264025 4242013_1891SeatedDime.jpg]

I've never dug 2 Seated Liberty Dimes in a hunt... Heck... I've not dug more than 2 in a year that I can remember... HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE !!

Toss in a wheatie, some deep rusty nails... some clad and the unknown object...

[attachment 264026 4242013_Keepers.jpg]

It has a Pat Date of April 30, 1907 on the bottom...

[attachment 264027 4242013_Unknown.jpg]

Any thoughts on this one...

Ver nice !!! The '91 looks to be in great shape. I wish I could read more on the unknown object.. It looks very interesting. I hope we find out what it is..
Congrats and HH

hey great hunt ,i find those metal things all the time i figured they are some type of handle for old screw driver or some type of hand crank..

Wow that is some great digging, congrats on your finds!

Great day, the '91 with full Liberty is a beauty! Gotta love the trashy parks, keeps the other, less equipped MDs away!

HH Quack

There are several different ones and were used on the old cars like the Model Ts and model A and cars in that time period that used the long valve steams on their tires. These are always interesting as it is pieces of the past.

Great finds. Wow, someone pegged that id of the brass thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1907-Schrader-Brass-Valve-Cap-/281086856783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&vxp=mtr&hash=item4172150e4f&nma=true&si=a%252BmRBfmKUxeIKPkliawaNW1D8Fo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have found a couple of those valve caps - never saw one squished like that. Those seated ladies are indeed beautiful - awesome job Paul:thumbup: