Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend question

I heard a lot of people even tech savvy guys had trouble updating there machines before nokta brought out the newer update method. 30 seconds is a joke in my opinion not unless you know how to do it , even then 30 seconds
is a joke. A FEW Minutes yes.
you are correct there was a ton of us that had issues updating with the first update tool My Legend was in the first shipment that came to the U.S the 1.05 update went fairly easy then the next update which was 1.06 was difficult the 1.07 went easy again then they came out with the 1.08 still using the original update tool it took me 17 hours to get the update to install on the Legend when it finally did install there was absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it finally worked, I caame close to smashing three PCs and a Legend with a sledge hammer then 1.09 cam out it went easy again after 1.09 came out to us we were still using the original update tool which I used then Nokta/Macro put up a new updater tool and threhold update which has its own updater tool the new updater tool is really simple and the threshold updater tool is equally as simple, now with the new updater tool it literally takes seconds to do the updates, what the next update is, is any ones guess I just hope the update process is easy, and yes in my opinion Nokta still has a few things that the legend needs fixed like the ground balance is still not correct in my opinion and also the threshold is still not correct in my opinion, the threshold is at least usable but a lot of playing with adjustments on the threshold but the ground balance on highly mineralized ground is not

Most 20-40 year olds can do the updates in 5 minutes. I had my daughter do all mine. Of course she thinks I'm dummy on the computer. ( I Am)
A lot of the younger generation don’t even have real friends…they’re virtual friends….They learned computer before they could walk !!….My buddy calls them “mushrooms “…He explained “they’re fed a bunch of sh…….. and kept in the dark ! “

Most not all my daughter is a Pharmacist since 25 now 28 and a Republican. Can't ask for more. But her friends hhhmmmm different story.
There are issues on both sides lol
Some D’s have crazy thinking
Some R’s think crazy things

And some do to much thinking and some don't think at all. HH jim tn
I would say the too much thinking goes right along with thinking crazy things and the not thinking at all is crazy thinking. Matches pretty well

you are correct there was a ton of us that had issues updating with the first update tool My Legend was in the first shipment that came to the U.S the 1.05 update went fairly easy then the next update which was 1.06 was difficult the 1.07 went easy again then they came out with the 1.08 still using the original update tool it took me 17 hours to get the update to install on the Legend when it finally did install there was absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it finally worked, I caame close to smashing three PCs and a Legend with a sledge hammer then 1.09 cam out it went easy again after 1.09 came out to us we were still using the original update tool which I used then Nokta/Macro put up a new updater tool and threhold update which has its own updater tool the new updater tool is really simple and the threshold updater tool is equally as simple, now with the new updater tool it literally takes seconds to do the updates, what the next update is, is any ones guess I just hope the update process is easy, and yes in my opinion Nokta still has a few things that the legend needs fixed like the ground balance is still not correct in my opinion and also the threshold is still not correct in my opinion, the threshold is at least usable but a lot of playing with adjustments on the threshold but the ground balance on highly mineralized ground is not
I have said since day one the ground balance was an issue. I posted it months back and all I got was no that’s the way it is supposed to work. Well if that is supposed to then it’s worthless to me.
It just can’t handle the ground changes in my area and the GB eventually is so far off it misses targets that aren’t that tough. I actually hung the Legend up in the shed and went back to the Simplex as it doesn’t have these issues.
For me the Legend just plain sucks…GB is vital and if it tracks wrong or you can’t set it correctly and on the Legend you can’t in certain modes it’s pointless.
Been detecting for 40 years…used all brands and sorry but the GB on this thing is not right….period

I have said since day one the ground balance was an issue. I posted it months back and all I got was no that’s the way it is supposed to work. Well if that is supposed to then it’s worthless to me.
It just can’t handle the ground changes in my area and the GB eventually is so far off it misses targets that aren’t that tough. I actually hung the Legend up in the shed and went back to the Simplex as it doesn’t have these issues.
For me the Legend just plain sucks…GB is vital and if it tracks wrong or you can’t set it correctly and on the Legend you can’t in certain modes it’s pointless.
Been detecting for 40 years…used all brands and sorry but the GB on this thing is not right….period
Maybe this soon to be released update will have some improvements to the GB feature.

I haven't had any problem with ground balance so far. Here the ground usually balances at 85 to 90 on my other detectors. If I reduce the balance as far as possible on any of my detectors they become very unstable and sound off as I lift the coil. It never did that with my Legend when the gb showed 0. I am not sure that 0 doesn't equal 90 or close to it on my other detectors. I am absolutely sure it doesn't equal 0 on my others (Racer 2, Impact, T2, Deus, Omega 8000 and 8500, Gold Bug, F19, any of my Tesoros) or the Legend would be completely unusable. Zero on them is bad salt or alkali. I have had my Legend turn sparky while detecting but only where I have started to pick up EMI. For the first few hours with the Legend, I never ground balanced it at it worked very well. Now I do ground balance by pumping but have not paid attention to the numbers, only to its performance, which has been totally acceptable to me.

you are preaching to the quire here I agree with everything you stated and I have been one of those that says the GB is off and has been off ever since the 1.09 was released the GB has gotten worse, and I have been saying this for months now even talked to Andy at We Dig about what I was seeing and a few other users anyone that says the GB is working properly is blind to the fact, my hopes are the threshold issue I have reported and the GB issue I have reported is addressed with the next update, I have put in an order for the Manticore and as bad as I hate to say this if something does not change with the GB and the threshold I will be just like you and setting my Legend's in the corner where they will collect dust once I receive my Manticore, I am also considering picking up the Nox 900 my main detecting is for Gold Nuggets and even though I use a few different detectors to do this my hopes were that I could start carrying two detectors instead of three for my gold detection, at this point with the Legend I do not trust the GB unless I am in tracking which I do not like to run any detector in tracking when I am detecting for gold nuggets, simply because you loose depth with tracking activated.

I haven't had any problem with ground balance so far. Here the ground usually balances at 85 to 90 on my other detectors. If I reduce the balance as far as possible on any of my detectors they become very unstable and sound off as I lift the coil. It never did that with my Legend when the gb showed 0. I am not sure that 0 doesn't equal 90 or close to it on my other detectors. I am absolutely sure it doesn't equal 0 on my others (Racer 2, Impact, T2, Deus, Omega 8000 and 8500, Gold Bug, F19, any of my Tesoros) or the Legend would be completely unusable. Zero on them is bad salt or alkali. I have had my Legend turn sparky while detecting but only where I have started to pick up EMI. For the first few hours with the Legend, I never ground balanced it at it worked very well. Now I do ground balance by pumping but have not paid attention to the numbers, only to its performance, which has been totally acceptable to me.
so you are saying you believe the 0 GB equals to a 90 GB, my issue is this when I perform a ground balance whether it be an Auto GB or a Manual GB my GB values will read in the mid to high 90s usually around 95-96 both my Legends will run stable at those GB values I will start detecting and both of my Legend will Literally start tracking down until they hit zero (this is without GB tracking activated) once they reach that zero GB value they become so unstable they are unusable, here is the kicker though if after I perform a GB wheater it be auto or manual GB if I immediately activate GB tracking both my Legends will hold the GB values at that 95-96 the GB may change a little one way or the other but neither will change to the point that my GB is at zero and in tracking both my legends remain stable.

so you are saying you believe the 0 GB equals to a 90 GB
I believe I said I was not sure.

My ground on my Deus usually reads 86 most places and the mineralization meter read half to full in some places. The last time I ground balanced the Legend, the number 4 appeared on the screen. I just went out to see what it would balance at this morning and as I pumped the detector up and down and held the GB button, it went from 4 to 3 to 2... to 0. I don't know what is going on but the Legend was still stable and didn't sound off when quickly raised from the ground and it has always been stable for me. It would be nice if Dilek would explain why she said 0 is what it is supposed to do. Maybe Alper can explain it to us.

I believe I said I was not sure.

My ground on my Deus usually reads 86 most places and the mineralization meter read half to full in some places. The last time I ground balanced the Legend, the number 4 appeared on the screen. I just went out to see what it would balance at this morning and as I pumped the detector up and down and held the GB button, it went from 4 to 3 to 2... to 0. I don't know what is going on but the Legend was still stable and didn't sound off when quickly raised from the ground and it has always been stable for me. It would be nice if Dilek would explain why she said 0 is what it is supposed to do. Maybe Alper can explain it to us.
That is strange

the new mineralization meter that was added with the 1.08 now 1.09 update on both my Legends when I activate that meter the left side which is iron particles literally pegs at 10 bars and the right side of that meter which is salt content in ground reads 4-6 bars, so my soil if that meter is correct is on the extreme side of mineralization, again my GB values on the Legend will be 94-96, I have never seen GB values of 2-4 but after ground balancing and getting values at the 94-96 if I start detecting both my Legends will act like I have tracking activated and track down until they reach a zero GB value, again when both my Legends reach that zero GB value both become so unstable that they are unusable until I re ground balance and get the GB values back up Like I said if I activate tracking on both both will hold the initial GB values at the 94-96 values and run stable, the values will change a bit as I detect because of the tracking GB, but only by a few points one way or the other but not all the way down to zero