Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend V1.14 Beta

Hi, Watched video from Nokta regarding the Beta version and kind of what to expect before the actual update goes into affect. I was under the impression that you would get more depth from this update. My understanding, not sure if that’s the case. It seems like this new update will give more VDI info. on deep targets but not more depth. Just curious if anyone else is under the same impression. Love everything about my Legend but it struggles with the deep targets vs. the Manticore or XP Deus 2.
TRIPLE-SSS

The new Beta test version Update is now up on Nokta's website.
I have downloaded the new 1.14 Beta. First impressions are it looks good( after waving targets under the coil). I like to hear statements like the "substantially more depth" the manufacturer says it has. I have only had the time to do some air tests but the deep target identification (DT) should allow the deepest non ferrous targets and coins that are at fringe depth to report back more accurately at depth and unmask from the ferrous junk much better at depth. . "Beast Mode" is only useable in the Gold Prospecting Mode from what i see but we can add iron rejection settings to this so that iron is giving low grunts. Looks very interesting. I will be out tomorrow testing these new features and looking for any depth increases on deep coins on heavily worked fields. I have a test field in mind already. The amount of settings available on this detector is mind blowing!

I picked up the "Legend" because I heard so much about the user friendly menu and because of all the tweaking I'm doing on the Deus II! I got to use a steam shovel with my Deus II now. ;)

I think I will wait and put some time in and get used to the Legend before I update!

I've got my Legend running smooth as butter with the current software. Hate to mess with a good thing.
I did some depth tests using the v 1.14 beta version 1 today. Early indications are that "Beast Mode" should be re named the Least Mode. The new deep target unmasker (DT) in my opinion will open up
some heavily worked fields. It's worth trying , the beast mode in my opinion will not be popular in it's current form.

Hi, Watched video from Nokta regarding the Beta version and kind of what to expect before the actual update goes into affect. I was under the impression that you would get more depth from this update. My understanding, not sure if that’s the case. It seems like this new update will give more VDI info. on deep targets but not more depth. Just curious if anyone else is under the same impression. Love everything about my Legend but it struggles with the deep targets vs. the Manticore or XP Deus 2.
TRIPLE-SSS
I got the impression there are two changes.

1. DTi. Deep target ID. This "feature" is said, by Nokta, to give more VDI info deeper.
2. "Beast mode" which sounds to me like a tweak in the ground balance to give a bit more depth, at the cost of stability. I took this as doing the same as if you manually set your GB, ground balance, a few numbers low which makes it hot but less stable.

I got the impression there are two changes.

1. DTi. Deep target ID. This "feature" is said, by Nokta, to give more VDI info deeper.
2. "Beast mode" which sounds to me like a tweak in the ground balance to give a bit more depth, at the cost of stability. I took this as doing the same as if you manually set your GB, ground balance, a few numbers low which makes it hot but less stable.
I went out and did a few digs with the so called "Beast Mode" I can't honestly see why it's called beast mode. It's just a gold prospecting mode that won't offer anything other than annoyance to the user. It's not any deeper than any other modes on the legend. Honestly i think it's a sales gimmick similar to the manticore 50% extra power sales increaser. I don't think it has substantially more depth as claimed. For coin shooters it offers little if nothing extra IMHO.

I have downloaded the new 1.14 Beta. First impressions are it looks good( after waving targets under the coil). I like to hear statements like the "substantially more depth" the manufacturer says it has. I have only had the time to do some air tests but the deep target identification (DT) should allow the deepest non ferrous targets and coins that are at fringe depth to report back more accurately at depth and unmask from the ferrous junk much better at depth. . "Beast Mode" is only useable in the Gold Prospecting Mode from what i see but we can add iron rejection settings to this so that iron is giving low grunts. Looks very interesting. I will be out tomorrow testing these new features and looking for any depth increases on deep coins on heavily worked fields. I have a test field in mind already. The amount of settings available on this detector is mind blowing!
Same with air test seems more depth in beast and deep target. Test will be this weekend gonna hit a homeplace I have worked over last 2 years where targets are now few and far between.

Interesting but I'm going to have to wait for the final version , sounds like it turns the well mannered Legend into an F75 ltd in boost mode with 100% sensitivity.;)
I said the same but with the rain here I was bored so I decided to ttry and update. I'm no computer geek. Hell give me a rotary phone or how about smoke signals. After figuring out how to disable my virus protection and add blocker it went pretty smooth. I will say the DT feature in air tests is pretty nice. The BM I don't care for the tones, so I only played with that for a short while. On another forum someone posted that Paystreak (don't care for his videos ) says DT defaults to 60 tone. In Park M1, 6x9 coil, I was able to run 6 tone Rec.2 If2 St2 and Dt 2 and was hitting a Barber dime at 11 inches and a Buff at better than 12. And the Id was pretty close to a one number Id everytime. By the way I had sensitivity cranked up top 28. So pretty impressive and if it can pick out a masked target or a blended target with that kind of accuracy it will be a game changer. I know air test are not definitive but with my hunting style and in my soil the difference in depth seems to be about 25% loss between air and in ground targets but the Id is the key. Thats what I'll be looking at. I can't believe how committed Nokta is to making this the best in class machine. At first they were going after the 800, now they're looking to rival the Manticore and Deus ll. These new features could get them there. Way to go Nokta.

Im going to wait until the 14 is all smoothed out. This could be a huge boon for me as Im positive there are more coins just out of reach now in two places I hunt pretty hard. In 11 update I hit that seated dime right at the depth of the Garrett carrot length so what was under, or nearby, that but another inch or two deeper??
Oh man, am I going to have to walk that whole area yet again?????😂

Nakta may tweak the BE but the DT seems to be just fine as is. The DT will be more useful to me on the average coin hunting site. No need to wait now that the updating process is so easy & smooth.

Nakta may tweak the BE but the DT seems to be just fine as is. The DT will be more useful to me on the average coin hunting site. No need to wait now that the updating process is so easy & smooth.
The DT i recon will open up some extra finds from heavily worked fields. Maybe nokta should have called the DT Mode the beast mode.

Reactions: PDH
I went out and did a few digs with the so called "Beast Mode" I can't honestly see why it's called beast mode. It's just a gold prospecting mode that won't offer anything other than annoyance to the user. It's not any deeper than any other modes on the legend. Honestly i think it's a sales gimmick similar to the manticore 50% extra power sales increaser. I don't think it has substantially more depth as claimed. For coin shooters it offers little if nothing extra IMHO.

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. All this hype about this new update is just a marketing strategy to get everyone all worked up.

Reactions: PDH
Playing around last evening with air tests I decided to give Beast mode a try. With the 6x9 coil I had recovery at 2, sensitivity cranked up to 28 and couldn't get it to hit on anything past 6 inches. Not even a silver half. It actually did better on a Buff. Am I missing something ? As I posted before I am quite pleased with DT and added it to my saved profiles.