Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's hype the Fight before it is time to get it on!

woodchiphustler

Man the Manufactures got it right. Cheaper to fly someone to England because of youtube subscriber numbers to hype the detector. I will only know how good it is when I test it at a local dealer. Been doing that since 69! But the Internet is killing off the local shops! I field tested a few detectors in my day. They worked the way they were suppose to before being released to the public! Very few problems were encountered. Usually a bad coil! I know I'm bitter and angry and RIGHT!:cheekkiss:

so in other words, youre just jealous that it wasnt YOU who got to test the new detector. :rolleyes:

Not at all!

Have been in local Relic Hunting here in V.A.since age 8 over 40+plus years hunting. I personal know George has used more machine and can same tell the truth about if machine good, avg or worthless and know more Tech stuff then most Mfg, designer! George is right, talk in cheap and cant watch I short Y-Tube Vid to see in long term is better ect. Chuck

"Right side of the grass"...:lol: Keep on keepin' on my man!

2.4 billion views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM and will get me tossed out of here but who cares cause I just shake it off :bouncy: Taylor and I are just fine :lmfao: my point is perspective who cares about a few thousand view minelab videos not me rather watch this all day loooong..

AJ

woodchiphustler said:
Man the Manufactures got it right. Cheaper to fly someone to England because of youtube subscriber numbers to hype the detector. I will only know how good it is when I test it at a local dealer. Been doing that since 69! But the Internet is killing off the local shops! I field tested a few detectors in my day. They worked the way they were suppose to before being released to the public! Very few problems were encountered. Usually a bad coil! I know I'm bitter and angry and RIGHT!:cheekkiss:

Internet is not only killing off the local shops , it's also rapidly killing off the places to hunt as the videos attract more and more to the hobby who detect with their heads up their A$$.

George:
Have you looked at the other side of things. Perhaps the internet has allowed the manufactures to sell more product and remain in business.
I know it has helped the distributors and dealers for certain, and therefore the manufacturers with detector orders...This internet forum ( Finds Treasure Forums ) has enabled the dealers to sell many, many products.........

Does anyone else see the irony? Complaining about the Internet ON THE INTERNET :shrug: The internet has only killed off local shops that refused to change with the times. The ones that embraced it to reach outside of their usual realms while maintaining their local customers are doing better than ever. Kinda like when the rail came through and put out all the businesses along the stage. I think if it weren't for the internet, this hobby would be reduced to a handful of users supporting one or two manufacturers. Machines would be more or less the same and wouldn't evolve beyond what they've been in the past. The fact of the matter is that more minutes of media were watched (and uploaded) on mobile devices last year than on network television and for the first time in history, in 2016 more advertising money was spent on YouTube than on all major television networks combined. My point is, it's not changing. It's far more effective for manufacturers to reach their (in this case very specific) demographic online than it would be otherwise. It only makes sense for them to seek opportunities to promote their products via online influencers. Not saying I'm on online influencer. There are far bigger fish in that sea than I. I for one would also prefer to watch Taylor Swift ;)

Thanks goodness for the Internet and You-tube...don't know how I would have ever learned all the possible programs and features of today's technologically advanced detectors without it. The Etrac and newer ML detectors are extremely complicated and the manuals don't tell you very much. Andy's ML books have been great for newbies. I know a few dealers in AZ and ID that would have never, ever received my business without the Internet...I live in a flyover state!:detecting:

Bill
Laporte, CO

sprchng said:
woodchiphustler said:

Internet is not only killing off the local shops , it's also rapidly killing off the places to hunt as the videos attract more and more to the hobby who detect with their heads up their A$$.
Wow that sure is the truth..The same thing i say all the time..

Well said, Dr. Tones. My detector dealer now does 99% of his business on the net. He still holds clinics, etc. for the local guys. He probably wouldn't be in business today if he hadn't moved to aggressively doing business on the net. A least two local shops have gone under and the third is nothing more than a gathering spot for the old guys to re-live the "glory days". It won't last much longer is my guess. Evolve or become extinct. That's business. And, like it or not, the dealers are in business to make a profit....and the net is where it's at.

Dean

what this really means is that we as customers are no longer locked in and forced to pay outrageous prices of a local dealer who got to charge whatever markup he wanted because you had no where else to buy from

I was only allowed to sell in half of the state I lived in. To get the word out was brutally expensive . I sold 6 to 8 detectors a year. I did not last but 3 years. Just was not worth the hassle. I could have used the net back then, but basically non existent. That would have made the difference.

how did we live without all these devices that steal our time and expose our every move :shrug: love my computer but it comes with a price...50 years will expose the flaws in society that smart ph's etc have caused...
nothing is free as the saying goes or is it?

AJ

\"Dr.Tones\" said:
Does anyone else see the irony? Complaining about the Internet ON THE INTERNET :shrug: The internet has only killed off local shops that refused to change with the times. The ones that embraced it to reach outside of their usual realms while maintaining their local customers are doing better than ever. Kinda like when the rail came through and put out all the businesses along the stage. I think if it weren't for the internet, this hobby would be reduced to a handful of users supporting one or two manufacturers. Machines would be more or less the same and wouldn't evolve beyond what they've been in the past. The fact of the matter is that more minutes of media were watched (and uploaded) on mobile devices last year than on network television and for the first time in history, in 2016 more advertising money was spent on YouTube than on all major television networks combined. My point is, it's not changing. It's far more effective for manufacturers to reach their (in this case very specific) demographic online than it would be otherwise. It only makes sense for them to seek opportunities to promote their products via online influencers. Not saying I'm on online influencer. There are far bigger fish in that sea than I. I for one would also prefer to watch Taylor Swift ;)

Not complaining. The Internet is here to stay. I have field tested just about ever machine produced and what I mostly see is novices trying to become experts! Continued success!