Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's see your floating sifters

I built one, but have not had the chance to test it yet. The weather was horrible in MN today. Trying to find a swim noodle in northern MN this time of year. No luck. Everybody said they sold out 3 months ago

Thanks
Claytargethntr

This one works. Try a scube shop for the noodles. The light foam one's don't last that well though--there's heavier grade around that are not so porus. A sifter is a very valuable part of your kit--make a good one.
CJC
clivesgoldpage.com

Thanks for the photo and info Clive.

Have you found a certain sized hole that works better or worse? I have seen where a floating sifter will be a great time saving tool.

Thanks

Claytargethntr

Wow after trying mine last night I really see the value in both Oldbeechnuts and CJCs design. I am beginning to think I need to start fresh with my plan. Thanks for the help

Oldbeechnut what size screen do you have on top of yours?

claytargethntr

Plastic bucket or wash tub, innertube and 4 zip ties. Holes are 3/8" for catching earings and such. It's about 6" thick so it has plenty of flotation. I could use it as a lifesaver if I had too.
IMG_0100-1.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Not sure what the size is but it is the similar to scuba tanks mesh

I am beginning to think this project would have been much easier if it were spring. In northern MN, no luck on swim noodles. Went to Lowes looking for one of those planting crates, all gone. I have thought about the innertube method with a bucket, but really like Oldbeechnuts. I can see the value of how high it sits in the water

Added more holes and more foam (pipe foam was the closest thing to a swim noodle I could find) to my current attempt, Now if work was not getting in the way of testing, lol.

Thanks

claytargethntr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkZ2-pE9V7Y

A friend who owns a small grocery store gave me one of the plastic soft drink crates and it is the perfect size. Got some 5/16 plastic mesh at Home Depot and a noodle works great. Use the cable ties that have the plastic lock so you can scan your floater with your detector. The ties with the metal locks will sound off making it harder to locate your dug target. HH :minelab:

scubadetector said:
LifeSaver : You know, the thing the candy was named after.
LifeSaver.jpg