Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lidar Mapping

Mike K (Ohio)

I live in Ohio and was curious if anyone could point me to a place on how to get the lidar map and secondly how to use it. I've heard people use it to find old cellar holes and or foundations. Thanks for any help...

Mike

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-lidar-data-and-where-can-i-download-it?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

Here is a link i have never heard of or used it!

LabradorBob said:
https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-lidar-data-and-where-can-i-download-it?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

Here is a link i have never heard of or used it!

Thanks Bob Well its kind of like historic aerials but lidar sees through the tree cover making easier to find those old cellar holes or foundations. I've seen it on TV and looked to be the next good tool for finding new places to detect... I hope someone on here will be willing to share what they know as well... Thanks again..

Mike K

@GKMan check out this post
It is great stuff. I just spent hours this morning looking at more lidar data for the UK. They're rolling out the 25cm lidar unfortunately some of the places we are interested in doesn't have it yet. a lot of the lidar right now is only in the one to two meter resolution. So this new lidar should be a huge advantage.
I believe I had helped another gentleman with lidar out in Ohio a while back. If I recall all the lidar was low resolution and so you didn't get a whole lot of detail.
When I was doing some old mapping research for another gentleman it seems like there was old farm houses on the corner of every Farm field out there.