Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long Range Detectors

sidney

I need some information on long range metal detectors. Has anyone ever used one, and are they worth buying? There is a company call Electroscopes.com they are out of PA.

They say they can find relics up to 1000 feet away. All depends on what model you get.

So if you can give me some info on the ones you have used in the past. That will make my mind up to buy one or not.

Also tell me how they work in detail.

Thanks.

Save your money !!! Buy a real detector. Extensive research has been done and it's pretty much proven [size=x-large]"THEY DO NOT WORK "[/size]

[size=x-large]ALERT ALERT ALERT[/size]

Nat, don't listen to Elton. He obviously hasn't seen the advertisement pix of fellows posed next to their jars of coins that they found . Afterall ... you can't argue with photographic proof , now can you? Elton just never took the time to learn to use one properly. Besides , they wouldn't let you advertise something in reputable catalogs and magazines, if it was fraudulent. ;)

I'm sure Sidney was just pulling our leg. :rofl: I still remember Carl's challenge. He hasn't had to payup yet.

Well "carl hasn't had to pay up yet", because the tests were unfair. You know, sabotaged, rigged, and so forth. Thus, those tests and challenges mean nothing. Tsk tsk.

If you even consider buying this thing I have another item we need to talk about first...

I'm with Elton. Use common sense. 1000 feet is over 3 football fields away!

If it does what they claim, they would only make a few for themselves, They wouldn't need to sell them, for they would be rich beyond belief from finding precious metal veins, buried treasure, sunken ships...etc..You think they would want anyone else to have one? Don't think so. And if they did what they say, they could sell for a million bucks.

If your curiosity get the better of you, get one...post some videos, I still won't believe it.

Hope there is a money back guarantee, if not satisfied.

They work on ignorance, greed and vulnerability.

.......and sometimes stupidity.Serious metal detectorists with a good bit of experience should know this is a load of rubbish.Like Larry said,these things are aimed at people who have'nt got a clue or those who are desperate to try anything.The companies that advertise them should be made to prove their claims and if they can't they should face criminal charges.....the last time I looked it was called fraud.

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about LRL's

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=main.dat

Tom_in_CA said:
Nat, don't listen to Elton. He obviously hasn't seen the advertisement pix of fellows posed next to their jars of coins that they found . Afterall ... you can't argue with photographic proof , now can you? Elton just never took the time to learn to use one properly. Besides , they wouldn't let you advertise something in reputable catalogs and magazines, if it was fraudulent. ;)

Hahahahah Your right I must have missed a lot of reports....One other thing. Before you buy one, go ahead and buy that bridge posted.......... and then I will give you a real deal on it again only 1/3 price.

Seriously..we are not making fun of you. Just trying in a humorous way to make you understand in plain English.. The item you ask about is a [size=x-large]" BIG RIP OFF"[/size]

You will actually find testimonials (perhaps even sincerely held ones) where people attribute finding stuff with those things!

Here's how it works:

a) you do research on a good spot to hunt. You know, like you have a tip that someone buried something (a cache, etc...). Ie.: a "lead". Or simply:

b) you go to likely spots where things might be (likely looking ruins, etc...). No different than an md'r "doing his homework" and going to hunt in the best spots, with history, etc.. RIGHT? Ok next:

c) Once you are at the spot, you pull out the long range locator and wave it around at the likely looking places you just researched, or the tip/lead you were given.

d) once you tilt (er.... IT swings) it to a certain direction, you go in that direction.

e) Then pull out your standard metal detector to "pinpoint".

f) Presto! you'll find metal. Perhaps even a goodie! And you know why? It was all because of the LRL.

Say what you want about LRLs, but my Plumbob finds so many great objects. Gold, silver, platinum, the Holy Grail, China, my septic tank, Eldorado, and even the spirits from "The Grudge".

:rofl: The LRL people forgot to tell us that we need to get a short range locator as an accessory :biggrin:

OK now let me give you an account of actually finding a silver half(walker) with nothing but a pair of coat hangers in an open field.

Some 20 years ago a hunting buddy and I were reading the Western & Easterner Treasure Hunter magazine, I believe, and there was an article about how to use coat hangers as LRL's. Back then just called Divining Rods. We laughed and decided we'd give it a shot. I got 2 hangers bent them in an L shape and we stepped out the back door of the apartment to give it a try. The hangers kept crossing whenever I was pointed out to this big open field adjacent to the apartments at a lone tree. Only tree in the entire field. My guess is a farm house was probably there at some time. I grabbed my detector and we headed toward the tree. As we passed the tree I got a nice solid signal and looked down. I laughed and called my buddy over to see what he had just walked over. Sticking half out of the ground was a Walking Liberty half(1944). The top half was black from being exposed to the sun.

Now I know it was a mater of pure luck that I found that half, but, there is no denying that I would not have found the half in not for the coat hangers telling me to go out there.

True story.

Sidney -

Your Blisstool SRL will find the goods before the LRL ever will. If the claim of these LRL's were anything remotely close to true, we would all have one.

Taken in part from the website LarryIL provided, the statement below sums it up nicely:

"If you have a high level of investment in LRLs, either financially or psychologically, then learning the truth may be discomforting, perhaps even depressing. "

- Jim

Hmm, I notice that .... just as I'd mused ... you pulled out the detector to pinpoint it. Yet, just as I described of the proponents, they will STILL say that it's the LRL that "led" them there. So in their (your) mind, the LRL worked. Mind you, a lot of us have pulled out detectors by trees, and found coins JUST LIKE IN YOUR STORY, yet without an LRL that "led us there" in the first place. So ... perhaps a walker half by a tree is not an earthshaking impossibility?

Here's my explanation: It's selective memory. Because let's say for instance that you'd found nothing there. So ... you'd have continued trying elsewhere, (perhaps following elsewhere that it pointed, trying those areas too). But in the meantime, you'd have subconsciously selectively forgotten that you just got zero (0) where it *first* pointed to. Selective memory, for example, is what makes us think our dreams come true. You know, like you wake up in the morning to your the song you were JUST dreaming about, that is now on your clock radio alarm. So you think "I must be psychic!" (or you're dreaming of a certain friend, and ..... right then his phone call wakes you from your dream, etc...). But what's REALLY happening, is selective memory. We all dream hundreds of dreams per night, right? But we forget them all within 30 seconds of waking up. HOWEVER, when one coincidentally comes true, only THEN do we remember our premonitions, and say to ourselves "I KNEW IT" (while forgetting all the other premonitions that never came true or happened).

Same for your coat-hanger half story. Like if you did it 100 more times, and found nothing, yet the one story about the half would be the one foremost on your mind (understandibly so).

Right. The lure of treasure is strong. Afterall, that's what got us all into detecting, if we're perfectly honest, right? And thus oftentimes, this lure of treasure is strong enough, that we can believe the silliest of treasure legends and LRL stuff, "lest we be left out".

Here is a hunt with a deluded guy using a LRL.
He is the host so Leo is not saying much, but by the look on his face a few times I think he believes this guy is nuts.
He is really good at using these scopes, he points the way and then they happen to find some coins in the line he points out.
Yea, right.

The guy definitely doesn't have much of a clue on how to swing his regular MD correctly.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKKHnN5FePU&list=TL2VY4bT-RzkM[/video]

When I was in geology grad school, our field camp instructor taught us how to "dowse".
That is, he taught us how to scam suckers with bent coat hangers. Its actually easy to make the rods do what you want them to.

People gonna believe what they want to believe and no amount of Science or Logic is gonna convince them otherwise. So I just let them entertain me with their antics.