Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for the Nokta Macro bluetooth headset

CoinGuy

Hi I am looking for the Nokta Makro Bluetooth aptX™ Low Latency Headphones. I have search kelleyco and High plains prospectors. I have done an Amazon search and some off brands show up. Anyone have experience with those off Amazon? Or does someone know who has them in stock?

Reactions: PDH
I really like the headphones that came with my Legend.
There's low latency bone conduction headphones.
Darn I can't find mine. Tiny things they are.

Reactions: PDH
I purchased the following headphones off Amazon and they work great with my Legend
Roll over image
Ankbit E600Pro Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with aptX HD & Low Latency, Over Ear Bluetooth Headphones

Anyone find earbuds that work sucessfully with the Legend and don't show latency? Not a fdan of headphones
I have tried 12 different pairs of supposed low latency earbuds and everyone of the 12 pairs had so much lag there was no way I could use them
some of the ones I tried were Black Shark cant remember which ones I believe they were G1s and another set, also Tozo T1s, T10s,NC9s and a couple of other Tozos, also tried some Skull candies and a few others that I cannot remember the numbers on none of them or brand none of them worked correctly even when the gaming mode was activated

I finally settled on a Neckband speaker system that has earbuds incorporated into the neckband system these are made by a company called Avantree, the Neckband speaker system is called Avantree Torus and I absolutely love them, I wear hearing aids and they work fantastic zero Lag from the Neckband speaker and zero Lag from the incorporated earbuds that retract back into the speaker system when not being used

the issues with all the earbuds I tried is when they are paired to the Legend if they are compatible with aptX LL there will be two little LLs that are next to the Bluetooth icon on the Legend screen and every pair of so called Low Latency earbuds I tried those two little LLs were not present when they were connected to the Legend, even when in gaming mode which several of them had gaming modes.

the Avantree Torus were the only system that I found that the two little LLs would be present when they connected, I love the avantree Torus because they give you the best of both worlds a speaker system that drapes around your neck over your shoulders and a incorporated set of earbuds that can be used if you want to, like I said the Earbuds are on retractable wires inside the neckband speaker system

The Avantree Torus are not the cheapest to purchase but they work excellent cost is somewhere around $100

supposedly there is a set of earbuds that sells on Amazon that is supposed to work, whether they actually do I could not tell you because after I found the Avantree Torus I quit wasting money in search of the perfect earbuds or speaker system,

I feel the Avantree Torus are the perfect speaker and earbud system for the Legend as well as a few of my other detectors that i use the Avantree Torus with, I use a wireless transmitter with my detectors that do not have the ability to connect a headphone system wireless and the avantree Torus works perfect when using it with a wireless transmitter when a detector does not have the Bluetooth capabilities

Thanks Guys as Oldkoot mentioned I have hear about the the lag issue and am looking at the same brand Nokta Makro headphones for the Legend. Dr E thanks but does these have a lag?

I sent an email to Nokta Macro about the possible lag in tones issue using another brand of Bluetooth headset. I sent it friday night so waiting to see what they say. I did find a dealer that has it in stock but still I am going to wait to order them. Irnrkr your friend got luck finding a pair in a pawn shop.

Coin guy. I use after market blue tooth low latency headphones with my Legend. They are called "Sound Blaster Jam v2". I do not experience lag with them.

I sent an email to Nokta Macro about the possible lag in tones issue using another brand of Bluetooth headset. I sent it friday night so waiting to see what they say. I did find a dealer that has it in stock but still I am going to wait to order them. Irnrkr your friend got luck finding a pair in a pawn shop.
I can tell you exactly what Nokta will tell you, they will say purchase a set of the headphones that were produced to work with the Legend LOL

the problem is 110 degree temps are not good when wearing over the ear headphones, so you will pretty much have to search until you find a set of earbuds or something that is to your liking or take suggestions that some of us has given you

PDH has given you a suggestion, I have given you a suggestion and a few others gave suggestions, and I can only relay to you what I have found about the earbuds I tried.

the only way you will know if you experience lag with what ever is to purchase a pair and then test them out by throwing different targets out on the ground then swing your coil over the targets and see where you hear the tone as you sweep over the targets, if your coil is already past the target by 4 inches to a foot and then the tone is heard obviously there is severe Lag which is what I experienced with every set of earbuds I purchased and tried, and its more like 2-4 inches, and what i mean is swing your coil over the targets and see where you hear the tones come in, literally watch your coil as you swing over the targets if there is no Lag you will hear the tone almost dead center of the coil but if you have swept past the target completely and then the tone comes in that is way to much lag, on the flip side of what I have stated a couple of pairs of the headphones I had a tone prior to the coil being centered over the targets which I found a bit odd LOL, they would give a tone rite at the edge of the coil instead of the center of the coil, the center bar of the Legend coils is where the hot spot is just ahead of where the shaft attaches to the coil, you want the tone to be there in that hot spot of the coil not after and not before, by finding a set of headphones ,earbuds or speaker system that does this it will make for more accurate plug digging

The other set that people keep suggesting are made by a company called homespot not sure which ones, I will check with those that are suggesting them and get a link for you

Here is the earbuds everyone keeps telling me works great with the Legend and they keep telling me the two little LLs appear by the Bluetooth Icon when connected, whether they actually do or not I have no clue but for the price they are cheap enough that I may just order a set and try them out, just have to remove my hearing aids to do so

Nokta Makro ?? So are you saying you have the Simplex + .. They use a old style of wireless HP using a special freq Blue / Green HP ... I have a like new Green HP for sale
The Legend is just NOKTA can use LLs HP

Nokta Makro ?? So are you saying you have the Simplex + .. They use a old style of wireless HP using a special freq Blue / Green HP ... I have a like new Green HP for sale
The Legend is just NOKTA can use LLs HP
The Legend utilizes Bluetooth Codec aptX LL, which is what the new Simplex models use also the Lite,BT and Ultra, the Simplex Plus used WiFi for the headphones to connect, they are two different wireless connections

The Legend utilizes Bluetooth Codec aptX LL, which is what the new Simplex models use also the Lite,BT and Ultra, the Simplex Plus used WiFi for the headphones to connect, they are two different wireless connections
And this complicates the process of buying 3rd party headphones as aptX LL is an older codec that was not widely implemented.

Here is the earbuds everyone keeps telling me works great with the Legend and they keep telling me the two little LLs appear by the Bluetooth Icon when connected, whether they actually do or not I have no clue but for the price they are cheap enough that I may just order a set and try them out, just have to remove my hearing aids to do so

So after looking at this I thought I would take a look at my old Motorola Buds (looks very similar style). I have tried 5 or 6 different head sets or ear buds, all without aptX LL and they have all been to delayed to be usable. I will note the new motorola buds are detached earbuds, but the original couple models connect to a neck band like the one in your link.

My Motorola Buds do not give the LL sign next to the headset, but they seem to work pretty well. I threw a couple dimes in the long grass of my yard and had no problem finding them and pinpointing to within an inch or less of the coins.

I tried these and found them to be serviceable but not acceptable to my razor sharp reflexes and did not care for the lag. On the other hand , the Avantree Torus you mentioned are the clear winner out of all the ear buds and alternate un-wired devices I have tried,,,highly recommend them. The battery life is terrific even using the neck band speakers and the earbud system is a wonderful option , I can't imagine what the battery life is using the earbuds probably a week or two of detecting. Unlike other wireless systems I find the Avantree controls fool proof and accessible even with gloves on , glad you made the recommendation a while back(y)

I tried these and found them to be serviceable but not acceptable to my razor sharp reflexes and did not care for the lag. On the other hand , the Avantree Torus you mentioned are the clear winner out of all the ear buds and alternate un-wired devices I have tried,,,highly recommend them. The battery life is terrific even using the neck band speakers and the earbud system is a wonderful option , I can't imagine what the battery life is using the earbuds probably a week or two of detecting. Unlike other wireless systems I find the Avantree controls fool proof and accessible even with gloves on , glad you made the recommendation a while back(y)
I totally agree with you on battery life of the Avantree Torus, I do not use the incorporated earbuds but have tested the Earbuds, I wear hearing aids and the neckband speaker works great for me, by using the Avantree Torus as a neckband speaker it puts the sound rite below my ears and hearing aids and I have no issues with being able to hear the deeper whispers of the deeper targets, I use the Avantree Torus with every detector I have and use all be it I had to purchase wireless transmitters to use the Torus with some of my detectors