Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like a new software update?

Yep. Going to Google first did it. Thank you very much Donut.

I have no idea why it is not on the Minelab site in the downloads , kinda crazy but the only way I could do it was threw google .
but at least we can get to it threw the back door.
I wish I could talk to Minelab about future download because I wood like to see a change that would be better for all of us but they don’t talk or ask what we want. But I’m pretty sure they are watching here.
Doug

Just did it on my work computer running windows 7 worked perfectly done in 5 mins now to try it out. I googled the download.
Mark

Mark...Let us know how it works for you. We may get some rain today and I would like to try running in 4khz only for the heck of it!

Mark...Let us know how it works for you. We may get some rain today and I would like to try running in 4khz only for the heck of it!
I have a 600 Eqinox and was wondering what benefit it would be to up date. I've never updated any of the other ones and my unit seems to work fine. From what I am ready here the up date seems to make the 800 better but nothing much from Minelab about the 600. I dont want to mess up what i already like about the unit so I've held off up dating, waiting for a really big change to improve it. Any thoughts hunters?

I have a 600 Eqinox and was wondering what benefit it would be to up date. I've never updated any of the other ones and my unit seems to work fine. From what I am ready here the up date seems to make the 800 better but nothing much from Minelab about the 600. I dont want to mess up what i already like about the unit so I've held off up dating, waiting for a really big change to improve it. Any thoughts hunters?
It is a nice improvement , more stable. The 4 khz works as a stand alone freq and is not in multi.
i gad weak signal on a deep quarter in multi with no VDI showing so I went to 4 khz and Solid high tone and 29 solid.
i have been running multi and when I get an iffy signal I switch to 4khz. I like the upgrade.
When you update you will gain the F2 also.
Doug

It is a nice improvement , more stable. The 4 khz works as a stand alone freq and is not in multi.
i gad weak signal on a deep quarter in multi with no VDI showing so I went to 4 khz and Solid high tone and 29 solid.
i have been running multi and when I get an iffy signal I switch to 4khz. I like the upgrade.
When you update you will gain the F2 also.
Doug
I will try the same on some iffy deep signals just been too hot and dry I've been water hunting a bit.
Mark

Umm.... you guys did notice the direct link to the download page for the 3.0 update was in the very first post of this thread, didn't you?
(You didn't have to waste time with either Google or Minelab - I tried to make it as easy as possible for you to get it, lol.)

Last edited:
Umm.... you guys did notice the direct link to the download page for the 3.0 update was in the very first post of this thread, didn't you?
(You didn't have to waste time with either Google or Minelab - I tried to make it as easy as possible for you to get it, lol.)
LOL as much as you want. It wouldn't work for me. I did as Donut suggested and it worked perfectly the first try.

3.0 update adds a 4.0kHz single frequency to the others...and some stability enhancements.
For those of us who are having trouble installing the update, here's another suggestion. I had a problem installing the update, tried two different computers and then cleaned the contacts on the back of the detector and the cable. I used isopropyl alcohol (90%, it has no emollients in it) and a micro cloth and rubbed the contacts and pins clean. Tried the update and had no issue doing it. The charging pins don't seem to have a problem but the data pins are more sensitive to corrosion. I don't use my Equinox in water alot but have noticed after being out detecting my cable doesn't mate to the detector on the first try to recharge it.

I just got a email from minelab with a link for the update
Mark

Ok,
Just tried the link
Down loaded the update
Hooked up my 600 - Said to update
Took less than 5 Mins.
I checked and I have the 4 kHz now too.
So The upgrade was successful
:)