Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lucky Shield Nickel Find

407floyd

Hunted after work where a parking lot is being built and found most of the odds and ends in the collection pic, including dog tags of three different generations, the gambling token, 1980 toy police car, Watkin's thimble, and the lead slug which had hit something (hopefully not someone). But the best, the 1867 nickel, was in the front yard of a 1920s school. There were many signals that were equal to "nickel", but this particular signal was 6" deep, so I dug it. Lucky me.

Very lucky! Nice finds.

Nice finds!!

Congrats! Nice collection of finds. And with a shield nickel to boot.:thumbup:

The Shield Nickel's in great condition - congrats !

Very nice assortment. Being an opportunist pays off. We don't see many shield nickels much less ones that come up that good.

This is what it looked like when I dug it. I was shocked when I wiped the dirt off it and could see the date clearly.

That sure is a good looking nickle. It is a good thing you hunted that place. There still might be more goodies in there.. KEN, IND..

Nice job with the shield nickel. I've only found 2 in 30 years. Kind of like 2 cent pieces, rare to find.

Good save on the Shield Nickel!

:beers:Congrats on the Shield nickel Floyd still waiting to find one myself keep um cumming have A great and safe year HH