Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Many keys found over the years for display

That's a nice display comisoas! I've got another 150 lbs of keys that were recovered from behind that old abandoned locksmith's shop. I'm still looking for a Nash key to put on the old Nash key fob that I dug years ago. Really cool display! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

You turned a detecting find in to something really cool !!

Looks great.....

That's a great idea! I think we all have found many key's over the years and although I throw away most of them (no good without a lock) I'll start collecting them and display them like you have. I found a Porsche key sometime ago and now I know what I will do with it!!

Thanks! It was amazing, taking these dirty, black keys to the wire grinder wheel and bringing them back to life. Just be careful and wear leather gloves/eye protection. I found that when I put the keys in the frame (that I bought at a craft store), the keys would not stay in place. I bought a white cloth-type backing to put the keys against. I used some caulking and put a dab on the back of each key that I had arranged on the glass. Then I carefully placed the white backing on top of the keys with a couple of books on top to weigh them down until it dried. I cut a piece of cardboard on to take up some space in the middle. I then put the pressboard backing on, secured it with the tabs and was done. I put each of the keys in groups by manufacturer. The bottom row are the old GM and Ford keys. Thanks and have fun!

Nice job - a great looking display !

Wish I could help on the Nash keys. My dad bought two Nash Ambassadors in the "50's. In the '60's I bought a used Nash rambler. All could afford after a divorce. Great cars!

Great Idea! I like your display and I think i might make my own version. I think I may let my tumbler have a go at them before opting for the nuclear option lol. looks to be a lot of the same 3 or 4 styles of key. I wander if there's a correlation to the type of houses in your area or a common lock sold near by.

I would love to see some other displays that folks create with their old keys. I need to get some close-ups of the keys. There are some very old ones. The bottom row is made up of Ford and GM mainly. Those I did not shine up, but left as they were.

The broken key on the left end of the bottom row opens a window to the past. Somebody broke that key off in the ignition of a Model T and had to take the horse and buggy until they replaced the ignition switch.