Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab hello, is this thing on????

BootyHunter

Hey Minelab, Remember that detector you teased all of us with 3 MONTHS AGO???? Give us a release date I’ve tried to be patient but this is a bit ridiculous. How hard is it to pin down a date??? That is all.

Agreed, in this business silence is deadly. Take a page out of the competitor's book and keep us informed please!

Yawn. What a bunch of complaining over nothing. If you are so impatient, go buy another detector. I'll be happy to tell how good the equinox is when they finally come out.

BootyHunter said:
Hey Minelab, Remember that detector you teased all of us with 3 MONTHS AGO???? Give us a release date I’ve tried to be patient but this is a bit ridiculous. How hard is it to pin down a date??? That is all.

I heard through the grape vine it begins to ship the 16th of this month. That is assuming the grape vine never tells lies. :)

Jason in Enid said:
Yawn. What a bunch of complaining over nothing. If you are so impatient, go buy another detector. I'll be happy to tell how good the equinox is when they finally come out.

You said this already. As for complaining over nothing, I disagree. Some people have $900 invested. If you can call that "nothing", then good for you. To me this is a huge amount of money. So I have a right and a reason to be impatient.

Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:

You said this already. As for complaining over nothing, I disagree. Some people have $900 invested. If you can call that "nothing", then good for you. To me this is a huge amount of money. So I have a right and a reason to be impatient.

Anyone who put down $900 for a detector on blind faith is lacking in critical thinking skills. Only a thief of a company would require payment for something they cant even order yet. If you put down $$$ and its bothering you, get a refund.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I heard through the grape vine it begins to ship the 16th of this month. That is assuming the grape vine never tells lies. :)

I hope so... the timing would be about on target with the initial release time frame stated by some dealers.

Jason in Enid said:
Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:

Anyone who put down $900 for a detector on blind faith is lacking in critical thinking skills. Only a thief of a company would require payment for something they cant even order yet. If you put down $$$ and its bothering you, get a refund.

I would be very careful calling one of the paid sponsors on here "a Thief".

A refundable deposit to secure a “place in line” is common practice - e.g. Tesla does this.

Pre-paying the full amount for a product which does not yet exist in the marketplace seems foolish, but I doubt it is illegal for the seller to accept the payment.

The following FCC rule may apply however.

Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule
The FTC rule, also referred to as the 30-day rule, requires merchants who are shipping a product to a buyer do so within a reasonable period of time. If the merchant cannot ship within 30 days (or within the period of time stated), the customer's consent must be sought to allow for the delay. If no consent is obtained or if the customer does not consent to the delay, the merchant is required to refund the customer's money in a prompt manner for the unshipped merchandise.

Waiting in silence is certainly testing the patience of those that stepped into queue while all of the hoopla was going on.

It would certainly be a good time to put out the 3rd Multi-IQ technology update.

The silence is deafening.

Rich (Utah)

Well Jason in Enid, I didn’t mean to get your panties in a wad. I’ve been a big “defender” of the Equinox by the attacks of some other fanboys of certain (deus) detectors. But you can yawn til you go to sleep, I simply am saying give us that have preordered some information. I have a detector in limbo that I can’t use, tied up in a trade with a dealer because of Minelab’s nonsense. I still have the detector in my possession, but I’m. It going to risk something happening to it when I have. A verbal trade agreement in place. No I won’t “buy another detector”. I want the Equinox, and it is beyond stupid to announce a detector in September and still yet not even have a release date set in December. All I want is a date, if they say March 10th of 2018, so be it. At least I won’t have to wonder every day when it’s going to be. You can reply to a thread without being a sarcastic jackass. It IS allowed. Good day.

Has the disease of ME! RIGHT NOW! ME! that inflicts so many younger folks now caught a foothold in the older generations? Too many people live to complain when their every want isn't immediately met.
(and that's an observation not a complaint! :detecting:)

Take your time ML, get it Right before release. I'd like to have it now, but I'd rather have it Right.

Champ Ferguson said:
Has the disease of ME! RIGHT NOW! ME! that inflicts so many younger folks now caught a foothold in the older generations? Too many people live to complain when their every want isn't immediately met.

Take your time ML, get it Right before release. I'd like to have it now, but I'd rather have it Right.

Isn't this what a forum is for? To discuss topics, give opinions, and feelings?

Champ Ferguson said:

Umm, if I had posted this October 1st, then maybe here would be some validity to your reply. 3 months is not “right now”. That’s a quarter of a year. Plenty long enough time to announce a release date. “Right now” c’mon really?

Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:
Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:

This right here is why I'm afraid to start a thread......seems it turns in to this....maybe I don't understand what this forum is about...probly get nailed just for putting this on..

Ksdirt said:
Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:
Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:

This right here is why I'm afraid to start a thread......seems it turns in to this....maybe I don't understand what this forum is about...probly get nailed just for putting this on..

Hey man be like me, I could care less what some of these “cyber tough guys” say think or do. I have a right to voice my thoughts on a Detecting forum about a detector so I do so fearlessly. They don’t bother me at all, don’t let them bother you.

Seems to me some folks are just uptight and if you say anything against the view they hold it's time to attack. It's actually stupid. Opinion and discuss is what makes progress. I see it this way if minelab can pay someone to jump out of plane and launch preorders on the same day plus put out videos on the brains behind this new tech. Launch a video introducing the machine make a blog, website, fliers etc then they sure as hell can give an update on delivery. It's not complaining to simple say hey what's the deal tells us something. Lots of us have a machine or funds tied up in the pre-order process. So, if that makes some yawn or others feel need to say for 8 millionth time " I will wait till it's out before I get one" I say please do just do it quietly cause I am sick of reading it. I think a release date is reasonable request 3 months in.

mtwolf2270 said:
Seems to me some folks are just uptight and if you say anything against the view they hold it's time to attack. It's actually stupid. Opinion and discuss is what makes progress. I see it this way if minelab can pay someone to jump out of plane and launch preorders on the same day plus put out videos on the brains behind this new tech. Launch a video introducing the machine make a blog, website, fliers etc then they sure as hell can give an update on delivery. It's not complaining to simple say hey what's the deal tells us something. Lots of us have a machine or funds tied up in the pre-order process. So, if that makes some yawn or others feel need to say for 8 millionth time " I will wait till it's out before I get one" I say please do just do it quietly cause I am sick of reading it. I think a release date is reasonable request 3 months in.

Where is the "like" button? LOL

BootyHunter said:
Champ Ferguson said:

Umm, if I had posted this October 1st, then maybe here would be some validity to your reply. 3 months is not “right now”. That’s a quarter of a year. Plenty long enough time to announce a release date. “Right now” c’mon really?

The field testers likely found an issue that is taking longer than expected to fix and get into production. Also the pre-orders have been larger than expected and I heard that they are manufacturer more machines than originally planned for so that pre-orderers don't have to wait a long time after the first units ship out to dealers.

Minelab has been very open about sharing info about the Equinox which they could only do once they announce the detector. When they announced it, they provided the best estimate they could but it was only an estimate not an iron clad guarantee. I would much rather that they take their time and ship a detector that is everything they want it to be with all known issues addressed than getting one by some arbitrary ship date that ,might have problems with it. Of course the folks clamoring for it to ship right away are often times the ones that complain the loudest if the machine has bugs in it.

This same thing happened to First Texas when they announced the T2 and then took the time to make sure it was right before shipping. They took all kinds of heat about a vaporware detector and now they are very tight lipped about any new machines and we are the losers because we don't find out anything about their new machines until after they ship.

This sort of whining is going to cause Minelab to start doing the same thing.