Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab hello, is this thing on????

This sort of whining is going to cause Minelab to start doing the same thing.[/quote]

Minelab only exists with sales and you only get sales with customers. If Minelab is going to be angered about "whining" then they picked the wrong business to be in. They've likely spent 3-5 years working on the Equinox, 6 months to a year to plan how they were going to launch it at Detectival in September and then they go stealth on a release date. That's not going to get them a JD powers customer service award.

For a lot of us the Equinox release is becoming like trying to find escobars millions. ML isn't perfect but they could handle this a whole lot better.

mtwolf2270 said:
Seems to me some folks are just uptight and if you say anything against the view they hold it's time to attack. It's actually stupid. Opinion and discuss is what makes progress. I see it this way if minelab can pay someone to jump out of plane and launch preorders on the same day plus put out videos on the brains behind this new tech. Launch a video introducing the machine make a blog, website, fliers etc then they sure as hell can give an update on delivery. It's not complaining to simple say hey what's the deal tells us something. Lots of us have a machine or funds tied up in the pre-order process. So, if that makes some yawn or others feel need to say for 8 millionth time " I will wait till it's out before I get one" I say please do just do it quietly cause I am sick of reading it. I think a release date is reasonable request 3 months in.

This is actually quite a funny post! Have you actually read through your own words? As was just stated above, this is a forum. This is a place to discuss various viewpoints, especially opposing views. So while you claim your "right" to air an opposing view, you complain about anyone who opposes YOUR point of view.

You are correct, saying "hey, tell us something" isn't a complaint. People saying "tell us a date OR ELSE". or saying "Sell us the detector NOW or I'm going to buy another brand", and the many other similar statements is much more than complaining. It's the typical passive-aggressive threats employed by the weak.

FYI - nobody has a RIGHT to post anything here. The US Constitutional amendment of freedom of speech is a freedom from governmental reproach to your statement. Private industry is free to restrict any and all speech they want. Findmall is a private business. It's owner or appointed persons can delete anything they want, or they can delete anybody's account if they don't like what any of us have to say.

We all have the option to preorder or not. I used PayPal 6 months interest free for this so I would not be out anything just in case the release is dragged out. If after 5+ months there is still no Equinox, I will just cancel my order and be out nothing. I just wanted a spot in line so I could get the detector ASAP after release. I don't feel Minelab has to provide a date of release until they are ready to. Eventually it will be out for us all to use, until then, I will check the forums and Minelab for information and use my CTX for hunting.

Jason in Enid said:
mtwolf2270 said:
Seems to me some folks are just uptight and if you say anything against the view they hold it's time to attack. It's actually stupid. Opinion and discuss is what makes progress. I see it this way if minelab can pay someone to jump out of plane and launch preorders on the same day plus put out videos on the brains behind this new tech. Launch a video introducing the machine make a blog, website, fliers etc then they sure as hell can give an update on delivery. It's not complaining to simple say hey what's the deal tells us something. Lots of us have a machine or funds tied up in the pre-order process. So, if that makes some yawn or others feel need to say for 8 millionth time " I will wait till it's out before I get one" I say please do just do it quietly cause I am sick of reading it. I think a release date is reasonable request 3 months in.

This is actually quite a funny post! Have you actually read through your own words? As was just stated above, this is a forum. This is a place to discuss various viewpoints, especially opposing views. So while you claim your "right" to air an opposing view, you complain about anyone who opposes YOUR point of view.

You are correct, saying "hey, tell us something" isn't a complaint. People saying "tell us a date OR ELSE". or saying "Sell us the detector NOW or I'm going to buy another brand", and the many other similar statements is much more than complaining. It's the typical passive-aggressive threats employed by the weak.

FYI - nobody has a RIGHT to post anything here. The US Constitutional amendment of freedom of speech is a freedom from governmental reproach to your statement. Private industry is free to restrict any and all speech they want. Findmall is a private business. It's owner or appointed persons can delete anything they want, or they can delete anybody's account if they don't like what any of us have to say.

Snowflakes wont understand that Jason, can you use simplier less aggressive words? :biggrin:

Champ Ferguson said:
Jason in Enid said:
mtwolf2270 said:

Snowflakes wont understand that Jason, can you use simplier less aggressive words? :biggrin:

“Snowflakes” I’m 46 years old there sport. I’m far from a snowflake. I started this thread, all I am saying is people have money and Detectors tied up in preorders and trades and what not an some information would be nice. A guy jumping from a plane doesn’t mean squat to me at all, like I said, give us a date whether it be 2 weeks or 2 months just let us know. And tools like you and your hero “Jason” are why fewer and fewer people come to these forums. Always some people like you too “trying” to be condescending, neither of you or your opinions mean squat to me, but lots of people shy away because of you tools. So good job, keep it up and you will have no forum to spread all of your “knowledge” lmao

Jason in Enid said:
mtwolf2270 said:

Thank for the Constitution update but all I said was I am sick of the whinny bs like I will wait till they are out b4 I get one Everytime someone post anything good or bad. With the statement only fools rush out and buy them or my XYZ is better then this etc. Secondly, the one who seems to have issue with this post is you with your insulting jabs "yawn" followed by a slam that's not an opnion that's being rude. I have no objection to a difference of opinion and I never once said do this or else so maybe you should read that again. You can make a point even have a difference of opinion but insults and trying look superior by qouting a weak statement mascrading as Constitutional law coupled with threats of being banned is actually the joke.

mtwolf2270 said:
Thank for the Constitution update but all I said was I am sick of the whinny bs like I will wait till they are out b4 I get one Everytime someone post anything good or bad. With the statement only fools rush out and buy them or my XYZ is better then this etc. Secondly, the one who seems to have issue with this post is you with your insulting jabs "yawn" followed by a slam that's not an opnion that's being rude. I have no objection to a difference of opinion and I never once said do this or else so maybe you should read that again. You can make a point even have a difference of opinion but insults and trying look superior by qouting a weak statement mascrading as Constitutional law coupled with threats of being banned is actually the joke.

you feel that "yawn" is insulting? wow. First of all, its not an "insult" its a statement of boredom and exasperation of yet another "I'm so tired of waiting" thread. Please show where "slammed" anyone. Please also show where I said YOU STATED. You seem to feel that every post is always directed AT you? There was a poplar song from 1972 about that. Masquerading as constitutional law? THAT is funny! Correcting people who throw out that they have "rights" to do this or that, rightly deserve a lesson. Lastly, where do you find threats of banning? You are seriously reaching there. The factual statement that ANY OF US can be removed for any reason or no reason isn't a threat, it's just the facts of life on an internet forum.

What else would you like to debate?

BootyHunter said:
“Snowflakes” I’m 46 years old there sport. I’m far from a snowflake. I started this thread, all I am saying is people have money and Detectors tied up in preorders and trades and what not an some information would be nice. A guy jumping from a plane doesn’t mean squat to me at all, like I said, give us a date whether it be 2 weeks or 2 months just let us know. And tools like you and your hero “Jason” are why fewer and fewer people come to these forums. Always some people like you too “trying” to be condescending, neither of you or your opinions mean squat to me, but lots of people shy away because of you tools. So good job, keep it up and you will have no forum to spread all of your “knowledge” lmao

LOL, you prove my point again! You incorrectly call people people posting alternate viewpoints as condescending, yet calling those members "tools" is actually being condescending. So thank you for proving (again) that you are exactly the thing you are complaining about.

Well Jason first you quoted me so you directed your reply toward me. Maybe slam was the wrong word. You quote me then in that post go on and on and on about people's threats to by another machine and I have seen you post for along time and in many cases agreed with you and even added to your point. In this case I think you assumed the intent by the poster was whinny. However it was imo making a fair point. Then you weakly reference the Constitution which btw had zero to do with this thread. Thanks for stating the obvious about getting banned no one knew that nobody but you was smart enough to know the difference between private and public. I am not offended not at all. I am not a snowflake I am 44 not a liberal either in fact the polar opposite which btw also has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!. So, if your bored with as you say complaining which in some cases you are correct then don't read the forum. I choose to read the forum and will call out any one I want. If I get banned I don't care it's a forum and I have in no way violated the rules. So you good luck I for one know the nox will be great was 4th on my vendors list.

Jason in Enid said:
BootyHunter said:

LOL, you prove my point again! You incorrectly call people people posting alternate viewpoints as condescending, yet calling those members "tools" is actually being condescending. So thank you for proving (again) that you are exactly the thing you are complaining about.

Wow I wish we had a poll option on here and just see how many think YOU are just being a total jerk. Calling people snowflakes and you think you have to “explain” everything to everyone about everyone’s posts. Like you are some thread police or something. So if your so “bored” with these threads why do you read them? No I don’t think it’s boredom, that was an insult no matter how you try to disguise it. I call a spade a spade, or in this case a tool a tool. When you live in. A glass house don’t throw rocks, so if you can’t take it don’t Dish it out, “snowflake”.

Ps I know it was your little buddy that called us snowflakes so pleae, spare us the correction.

mtwolf2270 said:
Well Jason first you quoted me so you directed your reply toward me. Maybe slam was the wrong word. You quote me then in that post go on and on and on about people's threats to by another machine and I have seen you post for along time and in many cases agreed with you and even added to your point. In this case I think you assumed the intent by the poster was whinny. However it was imo making a fair point. Then you weakly reference the Constitution which btw had zero to do with this thread. Thanks for stating the obvious about getting banned no one knew that nobody but you was smart enough to know the difference between private and public. I am not offended not at all. I am not a snowflake I am 44 not a liberal either in fact the polar opposite which btw also has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!. So, if your bored with as you say complaining which in some cases you are correct then don't read the forum. I choose to read the forum and will call out any one I want. If I get banned I don't care it's a forum and I have in no way violated the rules. So you good luck I for one know the nox will be great was 4th on my vendors list.

OK, once again, here is where this started....
BootyHunter said:
Hey man be like me, I could care less what some of these “cyber tough guys” say think or do. I have a right to voice my thoughts on a Detecting forum about a detector so I do so fearlessly. They don’t bother me at all, don’t let them bother you.

This is the poster saying he HAS A RIGHT TO VOICE HIS THOUGHTS. I posted a correction that he in fact has no right to say whatever he feels. So, did you miss that part in this discussion, because you referenced my explanation of the right of freedom of speech multiple times since that.

Jason in Enid said:
mtwolf2270 said:

OK, once again, here is where this started....
BootyHunter said:
Hey man be like me, I could care less what some of these “cyber tough guys” say think or do. I have a right to voice my thoughts on a Detecting forum about a detector so I do so fearlessly. They don’t bother me at all, don’t let them bother you.

This is the poster saying he HAS A RIGHT TO VOICE HIS THOUGHTS. I posted a correction that he in fact has no right to say whatever he feels. So, did you miss that part in this discussion, because you referenced my explanation of the right of freedom of speech multiple times since that.

Are you actually saying that on a metal Detecting forum we DONT have the “ability”, God forbid I said the word “right”, to express our opinions about metal detectors and metal detecting and all things related to those subjects? Because if we don’t, then I don’t want to be here and I WONT be a minion or drone. Why do you feel the need to be the thread police? We’re you bullied as a child, or totally ignored?? Yawn, I’m REALLY bored with your nonsense. And to reiterate, Minelab, get off your duff and announce a release date, will ya?? Lot of us rather be detecting instead of dealing with foolish trolls!

It'll be awright.The release date was determined 3 months ago. Hype + frenzy = cash. Old people know what waiting is all about as in box tops, M.O.'s and Battle creek. That's not code, just patience building old school :nopity:

Whine, whine ,whine.

nagant said:
It'll be awright.The release date was determined 3 months ago. Hype + frenzy = cash. Old people know what waiting is all about as in box tops, M.O.'s and Battle creek. That's not code, just patience building old school :nopity:

Patience grasshopper.

Hey, Progress. Thanks for bringing this to our attention laplander.

Minelab actually posted Steve Herschbach's equinox field report on the their website. (it's been on Steve's site for over a week, but we'll take what we can get, right?)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2411666

Enjoy the read. It's something. . . . . .

Rich (Utah)

BootyHunter said:
Are you actually saying that on a metal Detecting forum we DONT have the “ability”, God forbid I said the word “right”, to express our opinions about metal detectors and metal detecting and all things related to those subjects? Because if we don’t, then I don’t want to be here and I WONT be a minion or drone. Why do you feel the need to be the thread police? We’re you bullied as a child, or totally ignored?? Yawn, I’m REALLY bored with your nonsense. And to reiterate, Minelab, get off your duff and announce a release date, will ya?? Lot of us rather be detecting instead of dealing with foolish trolls!

I'm laughing my ass off at your posts. You need to take a few deep breaths before you have a heart attack! Thread police? You seem to have missed how this thread progressed. Please go back and re-read from the start. After my first post reply, everything has been refuting comments and inaccuracies directed at me. Just THIS POST I'M WRITING is in response to your direct questions and comments to me. So, despite that fact that you are the only one yelling and calling people names, you claim I'm the "troll". Please re-read my previous posts to you. Pot, meet kettle.

This Booty hunter guy is clown. I had a run in with him a few years ago. He absolutely makes ZERo sense.

Read this thread and see how he twists things around. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1934910,page=1

Sir Digs A Lot said:
This Booty hunter guy is clown. I had a run in with him a few years ago. He absolutely makes ZERo sense.

Read this thread and see how he twists things around. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1934910,page=1

Awww ,hold a grudge much? Poor guy, it’s ok you can be right this time lmao. Whatever dude I could care less, and “Jason in Enid” it’s clear YOU are the one about to explode from your nonsense posts, attacking this one and that one for some really trivial stuff. I don’t give a rats arse what either of you think, honestly! Tootles

The Guv is slacking.......These type of threads usually have a short life span. As a beach hunter that has enjoyed the Sovereign series for twenty years and has been asking for a waterproof lightweight multi frequency detector for 19.99 years I will say this...........A couple of months is nothing. Enjoy your holidays!