Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab hello, is this thing on????

Jason in Enid said:
Beyonder said:
Jason in Enid said:
Yawn. What a bunch of complaining over nothing. If you are so impatient, go buy another detector. I'll be happy to tell how good the equinox is when they finally come out.

You said this already. As for complaining over nothing, I disagree. Some people have $900 invested. If you can call that "nothing", then good for you. To me this is a huge amount of money. So I have a right and a reason to be impatient.

Anyone who put down $900 for a detector on blind faith is lacking in critical thinking skills. Only a thief of a company would require payment for something they cant even order yet. If you put down $$$ and its bothering you, get a refund.[/quo
I won’t put money down because a local dealer even said they have no idea how many each dealer will get? So he’s not taking a deposit it will be first come first served basis for sale..

My guess is that Minelab either pushed up the original announcement to squash sales of the new Garrett, or had several significant changes to make after the prototype was being tested. Probably a little of both. Regardless, they have to get it right without issues, or they'll look real bad. Waiting sucks, but it beats a potential recall.

Jason, aren't you the same guy that posted "Why all the hatred?" a couple weeks ago? I have to remind you again, like I did a couple of years ago to try and be a bit more sensitive towards how you talk to people. Another good piece of advice would be to ignore threads you don't like instead of constantly trying to win a war of words and wits with everyone. If you had done that when you first saw this thread it would have fallen out of sight and mind if people weren't that interested in discussing it. Instead, here we are close to four pages in and just a bunch angry responses...

Meanwhile, I will be out enjoying myself detecting and may glance at this later on.....

This is why we can't have nice things....

GKMan said:
Jason, aren't you the same guy that posted "Why all the hatred?" a couple weeks ago? I have to remind you again, like I did a couple of years ago to try and be a bit more sensitive towards how you talk to people. Another good piece of advice would be to ignore threads you don't like instead of constantly trying to win a war of words and wits with everyone. If you had done that when you first saw this thread it would have fallen out of sight and mind if people weren't that interested in discussing it. Instead, here we are close to four pages in and just a bunch angry responses...

Meanwhile, I will be out enjoying myself detecting and may glance at this later on.....

Well, you are correct. Good luck on your hunt. I'm just sitting here waiting for the cable tech to show up when I should be out hunting too.

Jason in Enid said:
GKMan said:

Well, you are correct. Good luck on your hunt. I'm just sitting here waiting for the cable tech to show up when I should be out hunting too.

Go find something good for once ;) And let us know what it is. GL HH

IIRC going back to the start there was never a release date only "maybe in Dec". March was also kicked around.
Going into production isnt so easy. After its OK'd you gotta bring a lot off parts to the right places train & start. Even
the box & box art.

Early release is risky. Good example was the Studebaker Avanti. A 4 passenger sporty car that would "SAVE" studebaker.
The supercharged model was the fastest production car in the world for a few years. Everyone wanted & orders poured
in for this Vette killer. But there were problems like rear windows popping out at abt 130 mph. Production slowed to a
crawl & everyone wanted there money back. Most went on to get Vettes. By the time all the bugs were fixed nobody
wanted them anymore. IIRC only a little more than 4000 were made in less than 2 yrs.
For the youngn's especially gear heads there is lots on U tube about them. Most under 60 dont even know about them
or Studebaker.

Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
For the youngn's especially gear heads there is lots on U tube about them. Most under 60 dont even know about them
or Studebaker.

Off topic I know, so sorry to the others but I had to say- Thanks for that. Never heard of them- googled the name, pictures popped up- and sure enough I can see a Vette resemblance.

Off to read more now. Thanks again.

My off topic tidbit to you- If you've never heard of it, read up on the VW Phaeton. Incredible car, incredible engineering. Pennies on the dollar price on the used market. We have owned 4 in my family now.

Seems like the waiting is over:rofl: a guy on a U K Forum has been promised delivery on 17th of December 2017:pinnochio.

But then again it could be true, I will be scanning the sky looking for the parachutes.

Smiley.

sanjuro said:
I generally dont put stock in 3rd party websites, I have noticed over the years that this particular site has proven mostly reliable in it's "scoops" of unreleased information.

I told you so, I told you so, now do you believe me:ranting:

Joking apart guys, I hope you all receive your new shiny detectors in the next couple of weeks.

G L and H H.

Merry Christmas.

Les.

I hope it is released . That means i might get mine next Monday or Tuesday .

I put this to an Admin on another forum and sorry to tell you all but he said no its not true . Unless it is that is and he is hushing it up !

Oh well whatever happens i suppose it will come one day , before doomsday would be nice :D

Take what I'm posting with a grain of salt. I spoke with my sales rep today who is with, what is perhaps the largest retailer in the continental USA. I have been purchasing from this company and sales rep for over 15 years. For what's it's worth, he told me he spoke with ML and was told there was a slight possibility they would be receiving them by Christmas. However, the reality is, it will most likely be after the first of the year.

Talked with my dealer 12/11/17 and was told, very few machines would be out in December. Minelab is telling him January / February now.

I am beginning to wonder if the whole Equinox thing is fake news !

I was told the machine is ready....... they are just still working on the final programing. This could change what we get from the prototype being used........ obviously it could make some happy and others not so happy depending on which area their concept is. Possibly a few will be put in the field early....... are they just testing the water so to speak and will it be a good thing to get the early models vs a final product? Again, that may change depending on their VISION for the machine.

Dew

BobOso said:
My order as of this morning has changed from confirmation to "Processing"

Interesting! I hope it's true.

Build it they will come, ' Faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen" always ask,seek ,and knock, because if we don't nothing happens - if my opinions worth anything then I agree that Minelab should give a concrete answer as to when it will definitely be available