Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

I think your right . They are holding manticores back to keep the demand for manticore sales up. So those that get bored of waiting will go buy a 900 ! .
The 900 is by far the best value though with that 6 inch coil included. and 99% as deep as manticore and just as fast. I will tell you guys some thing that
plenty of treasure hunters will pay $1000 for 1 cm extra depth.
Exactly I’m telling you I’ve thought that all along now they have another detector coming out!!!
And your correct the 700-900 is probably as deep or close to as the Manticore I can attest to the 900’s better separation ability it’s amazing!
Mark

I picked up a Manti last month on Amazon. There was 1 left. So I jumped on it. I checked Amazon continually. Took about a week to get after ordering. I like the 2D screen. That little extra. Sold my Deus 2. The charging on Minelab machines are quick and easy. Screen is large and easy to operate. Down to 3 machines. Manti, TDI Pulse Scan, TDI Beachhunter. Got to quit somewhere. Now, for some yellow. Good luck friends!
I’m not sure the minelab changes quickly
Tony

Exactly I’m telling you I’ve thought that all along now they have another detector coming out!!!
And your correct the 700-900 is probably as deep or close to as the Manticore I can attest to the 900’s better separation ability it’s amazing!
Mark
so this new machine is the Xterra pro, a vlf detector with no multi frequency after touting how good multi is and about the same price as a Nox which can do single frequency as well.
Did they max out the technology of detectors and features to sell now they are going in reverse.
Its a head scratcher for sure.

I picked up a Manti last month on Amazon. There was 1 left. So I jumped on it. I checked Amazon continually. Took about a week to get after ordering. I like the 2D screen. That little extra. Sold my Deus 2. The charging on Minelab machines are quick and easy. Screen is large and easy to operate. Down to 3 machines. Manti, TDI Pulse Scan, TDI Beachhunter. Got to quit somewhere. Now, for some yellow. Good luck friends!
You my friend got lucky seems very few dealers here on east coast have gotten any!

You my friend got lucky seems very few dealers here on east coast have gotten any!
Maybe a new thread
Manticore sightings
only been seen online on youtube
Hmmm
Anyone know about the new xterra pro?
After we were told the Nox would make vlf obsolete they announce a vlf only machine that costs nearly what a Nox does which is capable of being a vlf only detector.
What the heck is going on there?
There has to be a reason behind the madness I suppose.
Its as if they are corralling everyone towards a Nox which makes the most sense out of the three. Unless you are one who has has plenty of money to throw around and just buy every new detector released. Perhaps thats part of the strategy to increase sales.
I bet if they released a new model every year there are those that will buy it similar to those that get the new cell phone model every year when it’s released.
Personally my phone is fine for a few years at a time.
They will say new camera features to make it seem better to sell but the photos between a new phone and one couple years old seem about the same.
Does anyone really notice a “performance” difference with the faster processor.
The current marketing strategy, tweak some features to make it more responsive for customers to buy. How you generate consistent revenue

Maybe a new thread
Manticore sightings
only been seen online on youtube
Hmmm
Anyone know about the new xterra pro?
After we were told the Nox would make vlf obsolete they announce a vlf only machine that costs nearly what a Nox does which is capable of being a vlf only detector.
What the heck is going on there?
There has to be a reason behind the madness I suppose.
Its as if they are corralling everyone towards a Nox which makes the most sense out of the three. Unless you are one who has has plenty of money to throw around and just buy every new detector released. Perhaps thats part of the strategy to increase sales.
I bet if they released a new model every year there are those that will buy it similar to those that get the new cell phone model every year when it’s released.
Personally my phone is fine for a few years at a time.
They will say new camera features to make it seem better to sell but the photos between a new phone and one couple years old seem about the same.
Does anyone really notice a “performance” difference with the faster processor.
The current marketing strategy, tweak some features to make it more responsive for customers to buy. How you generate consistent revenue
Maybe Biden knows where they are???!!
I will tell you that the 900 is definitely better hunting in my river spot it was very quiet with the 800 first time there this year with my new 900 i found 8 silver coins ! In 2 hours next time back 14! That no coincidence that’s the detector seeing through all the iron and bits of metal in this spot.we had 3 guys with 800’s and it was tough to find anymore coins .
Hey I like to update my detector every 5 years but then again I only own 2 I personally have no use for 10 detectors I find more than enough to pay for my hobby and new detector every 5 years.
Mark

Last edited:
Maybe Biden knows where they are???!!
I will tell you that the 900 is definitely better hunting in my river spot it was very quiet with the 800 first time there this year with my new 900 i found 8 silver coins ! In 2 hours next time back 14! That no coincidence that’s the detector seeing through all the iron and bits of metal in this spot.we had 3 guys with 800’s and it was tough to find anymore coins .
Hey I like to update my detector every 5 years but then again I only own 2 I personally have no use for 10 detectors I find more than enough to pay for my hobby and new detector every 5 years.
Mark
Anyone have the 700 in the same area?
They say the 600 was about as good as the 800 wonder how the 700 is in comparison

so this new machine is the Xterra pro, a vlf detector with no multi frequency after touting how good multi is and about the same price as a Nox which can do single frequency as well.
Did they max out the technology of detectors and features to sell now they are going in reverse.
Its a head scratcher for sure.
Yes it's hard to imagine who would want to buy the x-terra pro , like you say it's not too far short of the price of a nox. Nothing wrong with single frequency inland , multi frequency is over rated
for inland searching anyway IMHO.

Wether they speak up or not I bet there are more than 6 people here. I have as well.
Its a bit of sarcasm but a window into the reality of the supply. I see more people complaining they haven’t seen one or got one yet or even canceling their order than people that have actually them.
I would think as big a deal the MC has become most would speak up and maybe give there thoughts and help those looking forward or thinking of getting one.
This is probably a good time to do a poll.
Lets see how many people on the forum actually have one in hand and if they want give their opinions.
If there are many than even more proof and reason for the mods to start a forum. A win win for everyone.
GO

I have a pre-order with Kellyco since Sept. 27th. I think I was order #238. I contacted Kellyco Monday by email inquiring where I am on the list. They said I was #13 and that manticores were dribbling in and they were not getting in big orders since the one in late Dec. just said they would notify me by phone when it was shipping too be sure I would be home.
I know some are giving up their orders but how many I don’t know. It will probably be my last detector since I am 80 but I do want one and am getting closer. If it wasn’t frozen here I would be really anxious too. I think it will be a great machine, thinking Minelab is not cutting corners with it and the quality will be in it with hopefully ability for future updates worthy the higher cost to keep it one up on the Equinox at least. Seems we are at the mercy of marketing, as others have noted. Too bad if true for Minelab overall has supplied some fantastic machines with an occasional bobble.

Seems we are at the mercy of marketing, as others have noted.

I asked a person at Minelab that would have a clue on why they were slowly coming out and this is what I was told. "One of the suppliers (for a specific part) is NOT holding 'true' to their promise!!!......hence; the delay"

And adding my own thoughts it's not helping matters any that they have 4 new machines with the same bodies but different face plates. So on some of the parts they might have spread themselves out a little to thin also.

And adding my own thoughts it's not helping matters any that they have 4 new machines with the same bodies but different face plates. So on some of the parts they might have spread themselves out a little to thin also.
It’s likely a supply chain problem related to microprocessors. Still can’t find a PlayStation 5 after two years.