Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

Hola: Escribo desde España. Este es mi primer post. Llevo detectando con el CTX desde septiembre de 2012. Soy un detectorista de playa 100%... y vivo de esto :biggrin:

Me gustaría una pantalla de aviso antes de apagar el detector, de modo que si se está grabando un geohunt, este no se finalice por error. Igualmente, me encantaría poder ver un geohunt ya finalizado en la pantalla mientras detecto, porque detecto en muchas playas y pueden pasar semanas o meses desde la ultima vez que detecté en ella.

Como ya han repetido los compañeros, una manera de poder detectar cadenas de oro, aunque sea usando el plato de 6". Tengo que volver a repasar algunas zonas con el whites tdi sl por causa de esto.

Una brújula auténtica en la pantalla de mapa (debe ser fácil implementar esto)

Hello I am from Spain. This is my first post. I've been detecting the CTX since September 2012. I am a 100% Detectorist beach ... and live it: biggrin:

I would like a nag screen before turning off the detector, so if you are recording a GeoHunt, this does not end in error. Also, I'd love to see a GeoHunt been completed as detected in the screen, because I detect in many beaches and it may take weeks or months since the last time I detected in it.

As colleagues have repeated a way of detecting gold chains, even using the plate 6 ". I have to go back over some areas with sl tdi whites because of this.

A true compass on the map screen (should be easy to implement this)

Thank you.

(Google translater)

harryhh said:
I would like to see better organization capabilities in XChange. At least be able to drag and drop Collection folders to the order that I would want. Also drag and drop files within the folders to where I want them.

Others may have suggestions in this post.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2017462

I agree with harryhh. Being able to arrange folders, etc, like we want them. In addition, a few more character spaces for naming folders, FPs, and WPs.

GPS software along with the corresponding exchange software needs updating also. The new GPZ 7000 has some improvements to the GPS functions.

Companies used to pay good money for focus groups, now they just have to read forums. Some great suggestions here but no action from minelab.....................

Carry On

My suggestion is to actually have an update and not just talk about it.

I do miss the sunray pinpointer, how many would choose a wireless pinpointer that worked with the CTX. Imagine hearing the different tones, I guess this would be a hardware upgrade too.

Anything would be welcome at this point

HH

Id like to see the status bar L ARGER as P1 and P2 and what mode your in is to small.
Also a slight tilt in the screen so it faces the user .Being straight it s off a tad.M.aybe something that clicks a few degrees to the left.
Cheers ash
And wireless headphones like the deus....

Decanfrost said:
Id like to see the status bar L ARGER as P1 and P2 and what mode your in is to small.
I agree I wish I would be able to change the size a little bigger too

I would like to be able to use custom sound files (.wav, mp3, etc) instead of tone assignments on my CTX 3030. I would also like to be able to determine signal strength better in pinpoint mode. Somewhere on the screen I'd like a signal strength meter as well as FE, CO readings. I know there are two dots at the bottom during pinpoint mode, but that seems like a relative marker. I'd like a 0-100 meter as well. Thanks!

LostDutchman

Tried to speed read through this thread to make sure I wasn't suggesting something that was already mentioned... didn't notice this one but I apologize if I missed it:

*I LOVE the ability to set the user button so that it switches to my previously used program... However, when you turn off your detector and turn it back on again, the user button no longer remembers the previous program. It will only work again once you've manually selected another program. The detector stores your last used program in memory and loads it again when you power it back on, so seems like it should be pretty easy to fix it so that the "user" button remembers the previously used program as well.

Aside from that, I second the suggestions for adding the ability to raise the pitch in multi-tone like we did by adjusting variability and threshold pitch on the Etrac. The wireless pinpointer with disc would be awesome if possible.

One more...

*The TID when set to drop down from the top of the screen lags a bit. I could do without the fancy (and slow) drop-down animation in favor of some snappy TID numbers that show up and update instantly with each pass of the target.

Simple visual request, I typically run two modes that look similar and toggle between the two when on the second pattern running wide open I now cant tell which mode I'm running would be nice to display the mode name at the bottom of the screen or allow some other method to id the mode.

second I know this has been asked for but will plug again but with a different spin I've seen request for adding an additional audio bin but what about allowing setting the bins using the same block method used for discrimination this would allow for finer granularity of audio configuration

Me to I like the 50 tone but would like to have the bottom part of the combine mode added. The 50 conductive makes it easier for me to here a good coin.

I would like to see the ability to store and bring back on screen a previous Geo Hunt showing where you have been .
I can see it all on the computer when downloaded but being able to have that on the Detector when going back to the same spot would be great.
BT

It's been posted by others in the past and will post again. The ability to separetely control audio level in selected bins would be a great improvement. For coin hunters, we don't need to hear the iron ringing as loud as non-ferrous. As well, it would be nice to have the ability to turn off the audio below a minimum depth. Sometimes I'll only go for the deep stuff and it would be great to not hear any tones under 5 inches

I only dare speak of any comparisons with that of OTHER Minelab products. But this statement is factual and easy for you to test in your own design center test bed. The sensitivity/power/depth of the CTX 3030 was fine when introduced, and for several years after. But now...even comparing it to your own Equinox...the 3030 will not very easily hit the same depths as the Equinox, in my highly accurate test bed. The Equinox will "hammer" 8 and 10" coins with ease.

Now we know the CTX 3030 is one fine machine. I know...because I used mine just today! I own every coil ever made for it, all three factory 6,11,17", and the pair from your business partner, Coiltek. But I also own your GPZ 7000 bought brand new, along with the GPZ19" coil, that cost far more than my Equinox 800!. I already have the 6" coil for the Equinox and awaiting the elliptical. So what I'm trying to say is this... I have made a major commitment to Minelab and your line of 1st rate products. I would hate to see the CTX 3030 fall behind...as it has -so very much more to offer- than just depth!
-
I like to call it an a somewhat elegant, "gentleman's machine" with the fact the user can input so very much, and get many varied results, as he or she so sees fit. However...if by software, you could BOOST the sensitivity to allow greater depths on par with the Equinox, I'm sure a whole new market will open up. An upgrade for a fee would not at all be unreasonable if these goals were met. We pay for computer software upgrades all the time, and we fully expect to do so. Why should this "software" be any different? Your engineers time is money.

And my other Idea that you are I believe already aware of...is the fact we have the GPS in the CTX 3030. Let's put it to use, just as I do on my GPZ 7000. Allow the software to input your type of finds and depths. Much like the 7000 allows nugget weight, depth and location. How helpful it would be to mark a target as "Dime, Silver, 8"" all on multiple choice pull-down menu screens. Beach hunters, field hunters, and others would begin to notice patterns especially like on the beach. A scatter trail if you will. I believe a TARGET ID, in combination with the GPS already in the machine, would make it far more useful a feature. As you know...most owners -now-...do not use the GPS feature in their machines. My idea stated here would most certainly rectify that. The GPS mapping and target ID would be a TOP selling feature I believe!

Thank you very much.

I would simply like to add the following to my comment above...

Those of us with the CTX 3030 detectors, KNOW we have a really fine machine that is WELL WORTH the cost of an upgrade. What would I really pay for an upgrade that makes the CTX 3030 a fully RELEVANT machine again? In light of the fact we have a $2,500 dollar machine that NEEDS to stay relevant...to maintain VALUE... I personally would pay up to $100. Some might complain...but the upgrade is 100% OPTIONAL. Your machine will work the same as it always did...without the upgrade! Implementing many of the FINE IDEAS as owners have detailed here...would be the key. If the owner decides the changes made are not to his liking...he leaves things as they are. But even a used machine gains value immediately...because now the machine is UPGRADABLE IF SO DESIRED by the new owner! --A FACTORY UPGRADE IS TRULY A WIN-WIN.-- Many of us have kept our CTX 3030s in addition to buying an Equinox. Why? Because each machine has its own set of unique features.

Thank you Minelab.