Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

It's too bad we don't have any savy hackers in the CTX user community willing and able to provide the changes desired.

The functionality of many other devices is advanced outside official channels. I most cases it is to the benefit of both the user community and the manufacturer.

I would like to be able to assign a tone to particular Target ID numbers
For example if I'm searching for old gold sovreigns 12/30 and half sovreigns 12/20, I would like to be able to
assign my desired target/s with there own tone, so when serching for them in a trash cluttered environment
the good target would jump out at you.

Also in the exchange2 software I would like to be ale to assign my Modes numbers, so when I down load them to the detector they appear in numerical order in stead of randomly like they do now.

I saw someone else post this too but I want to echo it. I miss very badly my inline probe that I have on my etrac. Surely a wireless probe or an inline probe could be developed for the CTX. My handheld propointer is great but nothing compared to being able to here a tone in my headphones when pinpointing which lets me know when I'm pinpointing the same target that I decided to dig while detecting. With my etrac I can choose whether or not to take out the pocket full of nails and bits and pieces of iron that are in the hole, or just recover the good target and go on. With the handheld....it's recover everything that it hits and hope that the good target is among them. I'd love to buy one of the optional coils to go with my ctx but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an inline or wireless probe first. No other complaints with the machine, other than I am not fond of the location for the pinpoint button. Would be nice to have it on the face like it was on the etrac. Thank you Minelab for another great machine!

At least 1 more bin.

Replicate the Explorer silver warble.

In addition to being able to change the frequency of the signal, add sound effects: ding, ding, ding or dig, dig, dig, or crap, crap, crap. There's endless possibilities, such as being able to download ring tones as a signal.

I like the clock, but it's too small to see. How about an alarm clock. If I need to stop detecting at 2:00 PM then I would be able to set the detector so I would know that it was 2:00PM.

A fix too enhance sensitivity on thin Gold chains, But I think?????? wear all wasting are time with all are Ideas?????
See its just to let us Dream N humor us all?????????????

My first post. Hi Everyone.

Yes, I read 'em all and didn't see this idea. ;o)

I'd like to see an option called something like 'Accumulate' and you could engage it with the 'User Button.' It would be used to analyze an isolated target. When you engage this feature, the TID numbers reflect the average of all sweeps from the time it was engaged. Initially it could show the average and after a certain number of sweeps it could show the median value. It would be something like the graphical representation that you get with target trace, however rather than seeing the multiple detection points accumulating on the screen into a darker glob, you would see the TID getting more accurate with each sweep (in theory). You could use the trigger to reset the accumulated value. Right now, with target trace, you see the TID of each sweep.
Nick

What I would like to see. Is volume adjustment for each bin.so that when I was hunting in iron infested sites. I could turn down the volume .
I still want to hear iron but just not as loud as that other targets.

I just purchased a CTX 3030 !!! I have tried to practice in preset mode of "Relic". Having hunted with a different brand machine for 25 years and hating to try to read and follow instructions that are "GREEK" to an old guy I would like to see a --------- "MINELAB INSTRUCTION SCHOOL" in several parts of the country. I would be happy to pay the additional money over the price of the detector to learn from experienced users if there was a charge for "Hands On" professional help. There are "Firearms" instructional schools all over the country. Why not a MINELAB SCHOOL ???

I'm really happy with my CTX3030, and it has given me a lot of good finds. Only one thing would be pleasant to get rid of, and that is ID's from burned stones from fire places from ancient settelments.
When using standard programs like "coin" or "relic" the burned stones come out screaming with a TID at 1-10 always.
When using home made programs with combined mode they come out with a TID at 18-37. I have stopped using combined mode when hunting due to this, but I miss being able to.
Hope you can use the above to find a way to cure the problem with burned stones.

Best wishes PDyt

Most bugs where fixed with the first update, I doubt we will see another update for a very long time if ever. But if there ever is one Auto plus 5 sensitivity would be amazing

1. -3 to +10 on automatic sensitivity. This will increase depth in highly mineralized soil.In manual the 3 channels will have the same setting.In auto the clearest channel would normally have a higher setting.This would help those of us that have highly mineralized soil.

Replicate the Explorer target sound range,especially the sweet,unmistakable silver warble.More bins in combined.Have fe-co #'s stay on screen for a target until another target is swept.

I would like to see an adjustment to allow a beep only on a target below a set depth. Or better yet, but perhaps little used, a beep on a target between two set points. Such as between 5 and 9 inches. A beep only below a set depth could avoid a lot of trash, and can help to zero in on older targets. I suppose that could be a problem for the electronics since it must take time to determine the depth. That may mean that the detector will have to beep with each pass until it determines the depth. That would detract on how I imagine this working, but there are times that I sure would like to avoid the shallow pull-tabs and concentrate on the deeper good stuff if this could be done. If such a thing could be done, it would make the CTX more useful. A beep between two set points could make the CTX more versatile. Such as the 5 to 9 inch example at an old fairgrounds. Avoid the pull-tabs above 5 inches. And avoid the old saw mill below 9 inches.

Perhaps a vertical bar displayed on the screen with a pointer at the top and a pointer at the bottom. The ability to select each pointer and move it up and down. As the pointer is moved, a depth in inches is displayed. The top of the bar should be zero inches of course, and the bottom would be infinity. Which would automatically be the limits of the CTX under the present conditions.

You would have to decide what the lower numerical depth settings would be before the infinity setting. I have no idea, but if it's possible that the CTX could find a cannon ball at 25 inches, you may want the lower numerical setting to go as low as 18 or 20 inches before the last setting of infinity. Meaning here that if someone is looking for some specific deep items and wants to avoid the shallow stuff. Maybe they're looking for an old car that got buried.:)

I would like to see better organization capabilities in XChange. At least be able to drag and drop Collection folders to the order that I would want. Also drag and drop files within the folders to where I want them.

Others may have suggestions in this post.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2017462

If minelab reads this. I would like a quick toggle to go in and out of sea water mode. As I don't use seawater on wet sand but in the wash. As I zig zag up and down the beach I am in and out of water. A quick toggle would make it easier to switch in and out of seawater mode. Perhaps by optionally re-mapping one of the lesser used buttons.

Thank you

Actually, you can do that now. Just build two duplicate programs, one with SeaWater activated and one with it not. Then, by implementing the user pad, you could switch back and forth with one button. JMHO HH Randy

Loved the old Sun Ray probe_____didn't have to take your headphones off at every target. Possibly if your new handheld pinpointer could be made to work with the wireless module(Bluetooth?). That would be GREAT!