Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Software update suggestions for CTX 3030

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
This post is intended to allow you, the CTX 3030 users, an opportunity to provide Minelab feedback on what you'd like to see in future software updates. I'm making it a "sticky" to keep it on page 1, without taking up space for "normal" posts. To avoid duplications, I ask that you read all the posts in this string before making your suggestion. I also ask that you make this a sincere effort. Please do not post things that are hardware related. And please to not respond to other people's suggestions. That is what the "Post New Message" button is for. These suggestions are being provided directly to Minelab. You don't have to engineer it. Just be specific in what you are trying to accomplish with your software update suggestion. Thanks. HH Randy

having some difficulty with the screen. I'm an older glasses wearing guy. with the glare and small type I've moved to using the 'large display' option which works great (thank you minelab!). I've placed it on the user button so I can get back to the screen for analysis when needed. The transitory screen info is now blocked though.....
What I'd like to see is an 'inverse video' (bold black type) option for the small fe-co-depth display. This would really help me (and others) to see this crutial info when analyzing targets with target trace, etc. The small display would then look just like the large display option which really stands out and it might even allow me to hunt without using the 'large' option.

Would like to have a higher tone adjustment capability (variability adjustment) so the pitch could be raised high enough to "mimic" the high silver (warble) tone of the Explorers/Etracs of which they were/are famous for.----On the Explorer/Etrac, you could max. out the threshold pitch adjustment ( 30) & with tone I.D. maxed at 30--then raise the variablility adjustment to 28-30 to accomplish this.-----Would like to have whatever "update" is necessary in the CTX to bring back the sweet silver/copper "warble" of the Explorers/Etacs.

(1) Make it so the CO.FE Numbers can be either on/off or different location other than larger in the middle of the screen.......

It is putting the number right over the top of where large silver coins(silver dollars,8 reales) fall 01.34-01.45

(2) Adjustment control for contrast.......At this point it is not Adjustable(unless I missed it)

(3) Someone kind of touched on this, More than 5 blocks of adjustment in the Combined

JMHO
Joe D

I'd like the capability to download track data in either .kml or .kmz format for use with Google Earth.

For larger targets that should over load the detector to actually do that.. I have run it over several cans and watermeter lids and it didn't overload the detector.. dug a few pop cans that I couldn't tell by the strength of the signal like I could with the trac...and for the wireless set to turn off when the main power on the unit is turned off...

Iron Volume control.
Shortcut to last used setting (e.g. - to compare trash density high with ferrous coin)

If possible, a software fix for the headphone problem of certain brands e.g. Gray Ghosts not shutting off the speaker. Since each pin is separately wired on the waterproof plug, it looks like they can do this.
Save Screenshot after detector shut down - per Diggers post on taking screenshots.

Great suggestions so far,
Albert

Increase the maximum upper pitch range. Maybe something like 1600Hz. I think this would increase variatibility.

I would really like to be able to set 2 bins up laterally so that the top bin is conductive multi-tone and the lower bin is still user defined.
This would allow me to still enjoy the Co. multi-tone sounds we love but not get the same high tone when the curser is in the bottom right of the screen.
I hope I explained this properly:shrug:

Dave

Implement a 'Beta test' program for SW/FW updates so that we, the users can help with testing/feedback of updates prior to 'formal' releases.
The changes implented by Minelab would need to be very well documented. Could be implemented as part of the existing
'registered Minelab User' system/login used by Minelab. This would require the means to 'revert' back to prior releases as would the ability for
general users to revert back to prior 'formal' releases if so desired.

I would like the ability to pull up a previously saved geotrack that is in the machine. Once you turn the machine off or stop recording and start a second you can not pull the old geotrack up to see where you have been. You can only go to the start point of it.

.......maybe a "Pattern Audio" choice?

What do I mean by that?

Maybe the user could input their custom pattern like we do. The difference being that everything with a black pixel has one tone and everything with a blank pixel has another tone.
The machine would not disc out the black pixels but give you a tone instead?...... Just for your pattern.

Just a thought........

(I) I would like to have the abiltiy to incorporate the (50) multi-tone conductive profile with the ferrous profile in the combined feature.

(2) If that is not an option my second choice would be to allow 8 conductive bins for tone /catagory separation rather than only 4, however, suggestion (1) would be the best.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Fully assignable tones in multi tone conductive & combined... More bins in combined..... wildherre

Ground Balance and Mineralization numbers - they must already be in there. Have the option of displaying them.

n/t

Besides the previously listed in line or just wireless probe (which I miss immensely). I would love to see the last bit of iron high pitch bleed though eliminated while using high sensitivity in and around heavy square nail cellar holes. Or at least make the falsing fall into a non FE 12 line range. So far I am really impressed with this machine.

In Excange 2.

The possibility to set your desired tone and pitch to any of the 1750 discrimination pixels. With the possibility to chose blocks of pixels as we do in disc patterns.

The tone and pitch library holds enough possibilities.

This way you can make any disc pattern of tones possible.

In addition to that it would also be great to set your volume level to any of the 1750 discrimination pixels.